20,000 gun laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bring up an idea. We agree on it. Democrats propose it. Republicans block it. You justify Republicans blocking it.

No, I don’t think you’re upset with their actions on this at all.
You assume too much.

When democrats introduce clean legislation addressing the issue, then I will be upset with Republicans voting against it. Not before.

You ever notice how big some of these bills are that are introduced to the floor? That's because there are always superfluous items being added to the bill itself that have anything to do with the issue the bill is intended to address.
Post your evidence for that in this case.

Like I said, you’re assuming something shady so you can mindlessly fall in line with their actions.

You assume too much.

When democrats introduce clean legislation addressing the issue, then I will be upset with Republicans voting against it. Not before.
You don’t know if it was clean or unclean. You’re ASSUMING it was unclean because that allows you the comfort of mindlessly agreeing with them when they go against your own beliefs.

Here’s the bill. Explain what’s so unclean about it.

You don’t know if it was clean or unclean. You’re ASSUMING it was unclean because that allows you the comfort of mindlessly agreeing with them when they go against your own beliefs.

Here’s the bill. Explain what’s so unclean about it.

It does nothing but add redundancies to existing law. It does absolutely nothing.

Adds more time to background checks which allows for more in-depth evaluations.

Tell me, what’s so unclean about that?

Nice nitpickery there, but when you add redundancies to a law, that doesn't make the law more effective. Extending the wait time 7 more days would not stop a killer with no record from getting a firearm.

Nice nitpickery there, but when you add redundancies to a law, that doesn't make the law more effective. Extending the wait time 7 more days would not stop a killer with no record from getting a firearm.
So it wasn’t unclean like you assumed.

Extending 7 more days gives them time to do a more thorough background check, something you claimed to be in favor of.

So it wasn’t unclean like you assumed.
No it wasn't, because it was an amendment.

And Democrats were threatening to nuke the filibuster to pass it. Hence the 'dirty tricks' I spoke of earlier.

Do you really think the minority party would go along with that? If they wouldn't resort to such tactics they would get the Republicans to seriously consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back