20,000 gun laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough time for a rigorous psychological evaluation of the petitioner/applicant.

90 days.

But since that time limit is so long, there are bound to be lawsuits that would be upheld on 2nd Amendment grounds by the courts.
The ideal solution would be a constitutional amendment, which isn't going to happen given the polarity of our politics.

Enough time for a rigorous psychological evaluation of the petitioner/applicant.

90 days.
Republicans refuse to a 7-day extension for background checks, calling it “hostile towards lawful gun owners and lawful firearm transactions.”

AND YOU THINK THEY WOULD AGREE TO A 90 DAY BACKGROUND CHECK????

Lmao. Give me a break. Write up that bill right now and Democrats would easily agree.

But since that time limit is so long, there are bound to be lawsuits that would be upheld on 2nd Amendment grounds by the courts.
The ideal solution would be a constitutional amendment, which isn't going to happen given the polarity of our politics.
Or just a smaller time frame to get more done. But whoops, that didn’t go anywhere thanks to Republicans.

Republicans refuse to a 7-day extension for background checks, calling it “hostile towards lawful gun owners and lawful firearm transactions.”

AND YOU THINK THEY WOULD AGREE TO A 90 DAY BACKGROUND CHECK????

Lmao. Give me a break. Write up that bill right now and Democrats would easily agree.

And you think I vote for Republicans purely on this issue. How naive.

The Manchin Toomey Amendment went nowhere because 4 Democrats voted against it in 2013, when Democrats held the tiebreaker in the Senate. Democrats had the power to pass it.

Thanks, Democrats.
You mean the one that no Republicans voted for? That one?

The length and complexity of our legislation lends itself to being unclean and filled with meaningless spending items or items the introducing party knows the opposing party will reject out of hand. The introducing party will use that rejection as political ammunition, saying "they are against this issue!" when in fact they introduced meaningless items into the legislation itself.

This doesn't happen to every bill that comes through congress. The behavior only happens when it serves a means to an end.

Regardless, might I ask what this has to do with the overall discussion?
The overall discussion was on expanding background checks, which you claimed to be in favor of until I showed you that your Republican overlords were against it. At that point, you proceeded to justify the actions of your Republican overlords, claiming that it was the Democrats who proposed an unclean bill which is their human nature. At that point I showed you the bill and challenged you to find the unclean part that you claimed to exist. You couldn’t find it and now you’re wondering how we went down that rabbit hole in the first place. So this is how.

Nope. You kept saying 'the party you voted for blocked X'

So, you can retire that phrase now.
They did. I just posted an example of that.

And I still didn’t say that you vote for Republicans purely due to the gun issue.

So you’re full of shit. Again.

QED

They did. I just posted an example of that.

And I still didn’t say that you vote for Republicans purely due to the gun issue.

So you’re full of shit. Again.

QED

Actually, you can insist as much as you want.

But you committed yourself to guilt-tripping me for voting for people who blocked the legislation. That means you thought that was the sole driver for my vote.

Sorry, not falling for that. Your language told me everything I needed to know.

The overall discussion was on expanding background checks, which you claimed to be in favor of until I showed you that your Republican overlords were against it. At that point, you proceeded to justify the actions of your Republican overlords, claiming that it was the Democrats who proposed an unclean bill which is their human nature. At that point I showed you the bill and challenged you to find the unclean part that you claimed to exist. You couldn’t find it and now you’re wondering how we went down that rabbit hole in the first place. So this is how.
The utter lack of seriousness of this post is seriously unserious.

Are you naive enough to think there are black and white reasons to be for or against something?

But please, run along. Run away.

"Served its purpose"

Eh?

What purpose did it serve other than to show that either side is disinterested in doing something meaningful about this issue?

What purpose did it serve other than to show that guilt-tripping is the only viable method one poster had against the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back