2-yr-old girl, mother mauled by pit bull as mother tries to fight with her bare hands

I have never owned a pit nor will I. So your saying if your an experienced dog trainer than just maybe your pit will be safe? And by tendencies you mean the tendency to kll people. Shame so many people go on message boards talking about how sweet and nice they are. Very irresponsible.

If you have never owned the dog how can you label it? You dont have to be an experienced trainer. You just need to educate yourself like you would do with any dog. Anyone that doesnt educate themselves no matter what dog they get are the irresponsible ones.

Because I have children and am too responsible. I've had friends who had them and were good owners. Dogs seem fine then one day snap for no apparent reason.

Statistics don't lie. They are the most dangerous breed of dog. Get a lab, they are much nicer and won't kill your children.

Don't bet your kid's life on which breed will kill them.

All dogs have a predator/prey response. Little kids make just the right prey sound and the dog reacts.

None of my pits have killed a child or even looked unhappy with one. Its the owners/breeders and not the breed that are the problem.

Yes and every other breed of dog combined don't have as many bad breeders and owners right? Hmmm... A smart person would think maybe it's the breed.

Only a ignorant person would think its the breed without knowing for sure. Its pretty simple. Educate yourself. Its not that hard.

Pits + Bad owners/ bad temperament = killing machine

Not sure your aware, but most people just want a nice friendly family dog and aren't professional trainers. These people hear people like you talk about how nice pits are and they get one. Then it snaps and kills or seriously injures someone. Your extremely irresponsible.

I have never owned a pit nor will I. So your saying if your an experienced dog trainer than just maybe your pit will be safe? And by tendencies you mean the tendency to kll people. Shame so many people go on message boards talking about how sweet and nice they are. Very irresponsible.

If you have never owned the dog how can you label it? You dont have to be an experienced trainer. You just need to educate yourself like you would do with any dog. Anyone that doesnt educate themselves no matter what dog they get are the irresponsible ones.

Because I have children and am too responsible. I've had friends who had them and were good owners. Dogs seem fine then one day snap for no apparent reason.

Statistics don't lie. They are the most dangerous breed of dog. Get a lab, they are much nicer and won't kill your children.

So you admit to being ignorant purely out of emotion? I understand. I have pits. All of my children are alive and have been around pits all of their lives. If I wanted a bird dog a lab would have been my first choice. As it is I wanted a dog that would fufill two requirements. Home protection and companion to my kids when they were young. The investment saved one of my daughters from being mauled and my wife from possibly being mugged.

Yes and every other breed of dog combined don't have as many bad breeders and owners right? Hmmm... A smart person would think maybe it's the breed.

Only a ignorant person would think its the breed without knowing for sure. Its pretty simple. Educate yourself. Its not that hard.

Not sure your aware, but most people just want a nice friendly family dog and aren't professional trainers. These people hear people like you talk about how nice pits are and they get one. Then it snaps and kills or seriously injures someone. Your extremely irresponsible.

Not sure if you are reading my posts all the way through or not. Pits are nice friendly family dogs. You dont have to be a professional trainer. You just need to be educated. Take some time to re-read my posts then call me irresponsible.

So you admit to being ignorant purely out of emotion? I understand. I have pits. All of my children are alive and have been around pits all of their lives. If I wanted a bird dog a lab would have been my first choice. As it is I wanted a dog that would fufill two requirements. Home protection and companion to my kids when they were young. The investment saved one of my daughters from being mauled and my wife from possibly being mugged.

No it's not out of emotion. It's based on the statistics. Again, every other dog breed combined doesn't kill as many people as pits. That's not emotion, it's statistics.

Oh..I guess that makes them ok, then....Gee problem solved.

Thats what a lot of dogs were bred for. To kill other animals. So yeah that makes them ok in my book. You just have to allow for that and be aware of what the dog was bred for.

Name one breed on this planet that hasn't been bred to hunt or for protection and I'll give you a quizzillion dollars.

For starters, the breed being discussed.

Why do you always act like you know everything when you actually know very little about a whole lot?

You can mail the money to me.

Not sure if you are reading my posts all the way through or not. Pits are nice friendly family dogs. You dont have to be a professional trainer. You just need to be educated. Take some time to re-read my posts then call me irresponsible.

Hey the next person to get killed by a pit you can take credit. You've said they are friendly family dogs.

No it's not out of emotion. It's based on the statistics. Again, every other dog breed combined doesn't kill as many people as pits. That's not emotion, it's statistics.

Statistics can be used anyway you want to. I thought must people were aware of how off stats can be? Again you haven't even thought about the fact most people cant tell the difference between a pit and a boxer let alone some of the other breeds that are more difficult to determine the difference.

Hey the next person to get killed by a pit you can take credit. You've said they are friendly family dogs.

Same to you. Will you take credit the next time a lab attacks a child?

Boy, 3, left with horrific facial injuries as Labrador savages him at Poole Harbour | Mail Online

article-2003849-0C9282D700000578-612_468x557.jpg

Last edited:

Boy, 3, left with horrific facial injuries as Labrador savages him at Poole Harbour | Mail Online

Sure it will be a long time and the person is very unlikely to be killed. I think you'll be taking credit long before me.

See how many pitbulls you can find on this list:
Family Dog Attacks on Children - Staying Safe from Dangerous Dogs - DogsBite.org

Sure it will be a long time and the person is very unlikely to be killed. I think you'll be taking credit long before me.

Actually I wont. I dont take credit for people being stupid and not doing what I suggest. If they do what I suggest and the dog attacks them then I will take credit.

See how many pitbulls you can find on this list:
Family Dog Attacks on Children - Staying Safe from Dangerous Dogs - DogsBite.org

How many can you find? Please show me the proof these are pitbulls for 1 thing.

Edit.....

Just like I thought. You should check your sources before trying to make your point.

http://legal.pblnn.com/pro-bsl-experts/dogbiteorg/116-dogsbiteorg-dogbite-qstatisticsq-the-fox-guarding-the-henhouse

Since the late 1990's the Center for Disease Control ceased tracking dog bites by breed/type, as it was their determination that such studies do "not identify specific breeds that are most likely to bite or kill, and thus is not appropriate for policy making decisions related to the topic....There is currently no accurate way to identify the number of dogs of a particular breed, and consequently no measure to determine which breeds are likely to bite or kill." Makes a little sense; if you don't know the total number of dogs in a breed, you can't create a percentage of the number of dog bites per breed.

Last edited:
You want a mother to be caring for a 2-year-old with a handgun in her purse? Really?

Are you fucking insane?

Some people need a "think it through" button installed apparently...

Edit.....

Just like I thought. You should check your sources before trying to make your point.

Dogsbite.org Dogbite "Statistics" - The Fox Guarding the Henhouse?

Since the late 1990's the Center for Disease Control ceased tracking dog bites by breed/type, as it was their determination that such studies do "not identify specific breeds that are most likely to bite or kill, and thus is not appropriate for policy making decisions related to the topic....There is currently no accurate way to identify the number of dogs of a particular breed, and consequently no measure to determine which breeds are likely to bite or kill." Makes a little sense; if you don't know the total number of dogs in a breed, you can't create a percentage of the number of dog bites per breed.

Go to google news and search pitbull attack and see how family friendly they are.

Police said Chelsi Camp, 23, was watching after the pit bull for her boyfriend when the animal suddenly turned on them about 8:45 a.m. at their home in the Avana at South Shore apartments, 2800 East League City Parkway.
Thank Heavens that police showed up when they did. Otherwise, we'd likely be discussing a tragedy here. What gets me is before police arrived, I am sure some of the neighbors heard the commotion outside, why didn't someone run out and shoot the dog?

Edit.....

Go to google news and search pitbull attack and see how family friendly they are.

You didnt read my post again did you? How do we know these are actually pit bulls and not misidentification intentional or accidental?

Edit.....

You didnt read my post again did you? How do we know these are actually pit bulls and not misidentification intentional or accidental?

Even if half of them are misidentification it's more than any other breed and probably still more than all other breeds combined.

Even if half of them are misidentification it's more than any other breed and probably still more than all other breeds combined.

What if all of them are mis ID'd? Not saying that is the case but dont get bit by the hype bug. At least know what you are talking about before making a blanket assumption.

Forum List

Back