2-yr-old girl, mother mauled by pit bull as mother tries to fight with her bare hands

You didnt read my post again did you? How do we know these are actually pit bulls and not misidentification intentional or accidental?

Even if half of them are misidentification it's more than any other breed and probably still more than all other breeds combined.

What if all of them are mis ID'd? Not saying that is the case but dont get bit by the hype bug. At least know what you are talking about before making a blanket assumption.

I've read a lot of stories and seen pictures of the dogs. Most of them are pitbulls or pit mixes. Your living in some kind of fantasy land where you ignore all the facts and just because you've had a nice pitbull they all are.

Even if half of them are misidentification it's more than any other breed and probably still more than all other breeds combined.

What if all of them are mis ID'd? Not saying that is the case but dont get bit by the hype bug. At least know what you are talking about before making a blanket assumption.

I've read a lot of stories and seen pictures of the dogs. Most of them are pitbulls or pit mixes. Your living in some kind of fantasy land where you ignore all the facts and just because you've had a nice pitbull they all are.

That was funny. :lol: OMG you've seen pictures? I've owned a lot of them and trained or help train close to more than 40. I dont profess to be some expert on dogs but I think in this case its safe to say I know more than someone looking at pictures and reading stories. I am amazed you have never owned one but think you know what you are talking about.

That was funny. :lol: OMG you've seen pictures? I've owned a lot of them and trained or help train close to more than 40. I dont profess to be some expert on dogs but I think in this case its safe to say I know more than someone looking at pictures and reading stories. I am amazed you have never owned one but think you know what you are talking about.

Feel free to go through stories and look at pictures and post which ones aren't pits. Obviously the media doesn't know pitbulls and I can't recognize one. I guess only you can in this fantasy land of yours.

One of my friends had two pits that he thought were great dogs and friendly. Then they killed the neighbors 3 month old puppy for no apparent reason. Now I guess you can say they are bred to do that, but dogs killing dogs isn't acceptable in society. So they are just a bad breed.

Feel free to go through stories and look at pictures and post which ones aren't pits. Obviously the media doesn't know pitbulls and I can't recognize one. I guess only you can in this fantasy land of yours.

One of my friends had two pits that he thought were great dogs and friendly. Then they killed the neighbors 3 month old puppy for no apparent reason. Now I guess you can say they are bred to do that, but dogs killing dogs isn't acceptable in society. So they are just a bad breed.

Looks like you got something right. You are correct. The media thrives off hype. They either intentionally or mistakenly label dog attacks as attacks by pits or "pit like" dogs. Catch a clue. If they say "pit like" it immediately conjures up an image in your mind of a pit and not the labrador, husky, or bull mastiff it may be 50% or more of. ITs bias reporting meant to get a rise and increase viewership.

Dogs kill puppies all the time. One of my neighbors Standard Poodles pulled a Yorkie under the fence and killed it. That doesn't make the dog a bad dog.

Looks like you got something right. You are correct. The media thrives off hype. They either intentionally or mistakenly label dog attacks as attacks by pits or "pit like" dogs. Catch a clue. If they say "pit like" it immediately conjures up an image in your mind of a pit and not the labrador, husky, or bull mastiff it may be 50% or more of. ITs bias reporting meant to get a rise and increase viewership.

Dogs kill puppies all the time. One of my neighbors Standard Poodles pulled a Yorkie under the fence and killed it. That doesn't make the dog a bad dog.

Yes it does actually. You seem to have a very confused view of what a good dog is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP_Jms4No40]Pitbull raped pillow and hold three black men hostage for two hours part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Yes it does actually. You seem to have a very confused view of what a good dog is.

You seem to be confused as to what a dog is period. There are a lot of dogs that will happily destroy a puppy that is not their offspring or a smaller dog and look at you like they did something good. I have witnessed your favorite breed the lab do exactly that on multiple occasions.

I've been in the remodeling business for my entire adult life. As such I come into contact with dogs on nearly every job. In all my years I found the most aggressive dogs to be the small breeds and german shepards.

Bravo.

I used to take a couple of my pits to senior citizens homes and schools to educate people about pits around 6 years ago. I would love to see any other breed of dog take on a class of squealing 1rst graders all trying to pet him at the same time.

That would never happen here. Half the municipalities in KC have bans on the breed. It really is pretty sad. Most animals are a product of their environment no matter what species they are. But any bad "wild" animal that kills or attacks needs to be put down. It's just a shame that in most circumstances the owner isn't also held responsible.

I used to take a couple of my pits to senior citizens homes and schools to educate people about pits around 6 years ago. I would love to see any other breed of dog take on a class of squealing 1rst graders all trying to pet him at the same time.
Your Pitbulls are service dogs :lol:

A really nasty dog right here:

aeaa8f8f4ded8d58b16c18fee06134f9.jpg

And another:

max_300_marylanc-court-pitbull-vici.jpg

Bravo.

That would never happen here. Half the municipalities in KC have bans on the breed. It really is pretty sad. Most animals are a product of their environment no matter what species they are. But any bad "wild" animal that kills or attacks needs to be put down. It's just a shame that in most circumstances the owner isn't also held responsible.

One parent freaked out and I was not allowed to come into the schools anymore so I stopped. Now I just meet people while walking my dogs and they are amazed I can walk them off the leash if I want to. Most of the time I keep them on a leash because people get scared just at the sight of a pit. Sad state of affairs. I wont tolerate a dog that shows aggression towards a human let alone a child. In all my time having pits I only have had to put down 1 dog.

Your Pitbulls are service dogs :lol:

No they are actual protection trained. Every single one of them.

Forum List

Back