2 weeks left in summer - 30's

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
We still have a couple of weeks left of summer south of the Mason-Dixon line and the forecast is mid 30's overnight for the next couple of days., maybe even a chance of a light frost in the mountains. I'm not complaining, only remarking that it seems that fall might come a little early this year.

We had high 40's here a week back...it's pretty comfy around here now, and last year it was upper nineties all the way.

I'm in Corpus Christi it is getting cooler at night since Labor Day. I just got out of the Gulf and it was definitely cooler. Expecting another hurricane or tropical storm in the next couple of days.

We had high 40's here a week back...it's pretty comfy around here now, and last year it was upper nineties all the way.
Wow. I thought you were down in Texas. You had lows in the 40s last week? Not even been like that up here in west TN, but I am at about 237 ft above sea level. A lot cooler than last year. Pool has already dropped to 72 Deg. Would close it, but never seen it stay cool this early.

Wow. I thought you were down in Texas. You had lows in the 40s last week? Not even been like that up here in west TN, but I am at about 237 ft above sea level. A lot cooler than last year. Pool has already dropped to 72 Deg. Would close it, but never seen it stay cool this early.
I am in Texas. North part.

I don't know what made me say two weeks, we have three days left of summer but it's still unusual to be in the 30's overnight. We had a strange haze in the air here in western Va. yesterday and it seems that it's smoke coming all the way from the west coast.

The point is that everything is normal. It was a wet summer in the east while it was dry in the west. People flock to the Sunshine State because they like the sun but lefties can't enjoy a sunny day without turning it into a political issue and extortion scam.

Last edited:
Sure enough with two days left of summer we had a frost last night here in western Va. I'm not complaining but I wonder what all the fuss is about global warming.

Forum List

Back