2 Carry Guns as Crowd Marches Through Kenosha to Protest Kyle Rittenhouse Verdict

learn to read. I said that either they had a intent to commit violence or they believed that someone else did.
Learn to read -- I addressed what you said.
if -I- am carrying a gun because -someone else- intends to commit violence, then you cannot soundly or honestly claim that -my- carrying a gun demonstrates violent intent.
There's a difference between being willing to commit violence and having the intent to commit violence.

Yes, they have that lock because they believe some may try to break in. They carry guns either becuase they intend to commit violence or believe that someone else will.

Either way, they are not going to the assembly believing that it will be peaceful.
Why is it the lock is to prevent someone who "may try to break in" but the gun is because someone "will commit violence" They are both preventative measures for what MAY or MAY NOT happen. Similar to why you carry an umbrella when it MAY rain. An umbrella doesn't do you much good if it is in the umbrella stand at home.

It does show an anticipation of violence. If a person is armed, it can be reasonably assumed that they have a reason for being armed. Either they are planning on committing a violent act, or they think that someone else will and that they need the arms for self defense.

Either way they are not anticipating a peaceful gathering.
Or they intend to just keep the peace.

Forum List

Back