1963 to 2016

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
In 1963 an individual(s) like Barack Hussein Obama, Bernie Sanders, and Lee Harvey Oswald were and would be considered to have radically dangerous political beliefs (Oswald would call himself a progressive today). But, in 2016 Obama and Sanders are considered legit. Is this a sign of how far we have came, or a sign of how far we have fallen?

In 1963 the United states government funded a much larger portion of the gdp on infrastructure, science, r&d(70%). Of course, you don't know what you're talking about and that really doesn't surprise anyone. So you think Germany, Britiain, norway, Sweden, Japan and south Korea are dangerous? Government been paving roads and investing in science in countries like the roman empire and china for at least 2,500 years. I guess they're such failures and didn't do anything to improve humanity.

In 1963 the United states government funded a much larger portion of the gdp on infrastructure, science, r&d(70%). Of course, you don't know what you're talking about and that really doesn't surprise anyone. So you think Germany, Britiain, norway, Sweden, Japan and south Korea are dangerous? Government been paving roads and investing in science in countries like the roman empire and china for at least 2,500 years. I guess they're such failures and didn't do anything to improve humanity.

Are any of those countries $20,000,000,000,000 in debt?

This drives my point
RDGDP_1.jpg

Believe me, we get a hell of a lot more return on r&d then the iraq war will ever have.

Federal-RD-as-a-Percent-of-GDP.png

From the same site I've ran into the number that the federal government invests as much as 40% of all r&d funding. This is of course is down from 70% in the time frame you're discussing. America was doing great in the 1960's! Every great civilization in history spent on such things and always when they collapsed had to do with either too much war or a end to such spending.

Infrastructure, science, r&d and education never caused any of this debt. Bill clinton in the late 1990's balanced the budget without having to cut those areas...I ask you how do you justify weakening our economy by cutting areas taht never caused the problem?

Can we look at the massive wars and the cheating done by the top 5% of our society for most of the cause of our debt.

This guy really is like a broken clock isn't he?

The amount of government has increased tremendously. It' s a sign how far we have fallen, and how too many have drank the liberal kool-aid.

This drives my point
RDGDP_1.jpg

Believe me, we get a hell of a lot more return on r&d then the iraq war will ever have.

Federal-RD-as-a-Percent-of-GDP.png

From the same site I've ran into the number that the federal government invests as much as 40% of all r&d funding. This is of course is down from 70% in the time frame you're discussing. America was doing great in the 1960's! Every great civilization in history spent on such things and always when they collapsed had to do with either too much war or a end to such spending.

This amounts to nothing... look at the total spending and don't bring us specific items. I am sure govt spending on steam powered trains has decreased as well!

Liberals and their false equivalencies.

But yes, we get that you work in govt rnd and want our money!

Infrastructure, science, r&d and education never caused any of this debt. Bill clinton in the late 1990's balanced the budget without having to cut those areas...I ask you how do you justify weakening our economy by cutting areas taht never caused the problem?

Can we look at the massive wars and the cheating done by the top 5% of our society for most of the cause of our debt.
Not true at all,rewrite history,there was no surplus,clinton to his credit was forced to work with repubs,cutting spending was part of that.

How could they be, they aren't the USA.

Gutting a large section of our gdp isn't going to help pay that debt. Gutting something that didn't cause the debt isn't helping reduce it!

That is my point.

Everyone knows that we are no longer at war with anyone according to Obama.
The top 5% paid 58.55% of all federal income taxes and their average tax rate was 23.2% in 2015. They didn't cheat very much, if at all.

So Obama supported NASA how? Just saying based on screen icon.

EXACTLY. And if their asses get into trouble who will come save them from Putin or Kim Jun Nutjob? The U.S.Miltary and our lives and our tax $$$$$

In 63 we were using water cannons on our own citizens out on the streets .

Or as trump likes to call it , "when america was great".

Bill Clinton screwed industrial workers in the United States (traditional Democratic households all) with his trade policies like NAFTA. That's why we are losing our way in terms of our infrastructure and schools.Lack of a tax base.

Your thinking of 1962 Youth March in Birmingham. 1 time deal that was not the norm,but liberal profs will teach you it was happening all over America. 1962-63 the U.S. Was at its Zeinith. Then came the rest of the 1960's followed by the degenerate 1970's.

Gutting a large section of our gdp isn't going to help pay that debt. Gutting something that didn't cause the debt isn't helping reduce it!

That is my point.
lets provide jobs first. All the infrastructure programs you speak of require industrial blue collar. We can't build America on Wal Mart wages (U.S. Steel was largest civilian employer in 1962) or have people invest $$$$to stay here if every month they have to worry about groups like BLM protesting them and liberal cameras rolling.

America was a much greater nation in 1962 and the economy was rolling.

Everyone knows that we are no longer at war with anyone according to Obama.
The top 5% paid 58.55% of all federal income taxes and their average tax rate was 23.2% in 2015. They didn't cheat very much, if at all.
Can't explain that to the Sanders Marxist.

Forum List

Back