17.3 % is the rate of inflation IF we still used the methodology of 1980. Telling us it is 9.1 % is lying to you!

Markle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2016
Tallahassee, FL
17.3 % is the rate of inflation IF we still used the methodology of 1980. Telling us it is 9.1 % is lying to you!

ShadowStats: “Corrected” CPI Inflation jumped to a new 75-Year high of 17.3%

July 13, 2022

###

2022-07-13%20%20Shadowstats-XL.jpg

I don't know about the U.S but it's the same with our unemployment rate.

How in the hell do you lose jobs and have more people unemployed, but the unemployment rate goes down?! It's a racket of manipulation to try and convince citizens that they are doing better than they are so they arbitrarily eliminate the "unemployable and those not seeking employment".

LOL. As if the unemployed enjoy being so. "Hey, no need to work, so I will just stop looking"

The morrow of the story "don't be like Canada". Seems you guys are slow learners.

AND most other countries have lower inflation than the U.S. under the STUPID Dem policies. Missing Trump yet? Remember the good old days under Trump not that long ago?

By those numbers the current Federal Reserve Chairman has his work cut out for him. Then Fed chairman Volker raise the prime rate into double digits to squeeze bad debts out.

July 13, 2022

###

So you want to change the inflation rates under all presidents since 1980????

July 13, 2022

###

Well WGN news reported food is up 30%. So how can inflation only be 9%. they're all scratching each others backs while flipping off the public.

How in the hell do you lose jobs and have more people unemployed, but the unemployment rate goes down?! It's a racket of manipulation to try and convince citizens that they are doing better than they are so they arbitrarily eliminate the "unemployable and those not seeking employment".

LOL. As if the unemployed enjoy being so. "Hey, no need to work, so I will just stop looking"

The morrow of the story "don't be like Canada". Seems you guys are slow learners.
Can't agree with that ---- people don't have to work if they don't want to! This is normally aimed at women, who are supposed to provide for the whole family AND take care of all the cooking, cleaning, errands, etc., etc. all at the same time. Of course women are stopping working now that everything was messed up by the government, no schools, no shopping, and so on.

It's very appropriate to not count people NOT looking for jobs in the unemployment stats. If they need a job, they'll look ---- the problem is certainly not that people can't find work!! Around here employers are all, 100%, desperate. Our whole entire area just went a whole week without garbage pickup: why? They can't find drivers. Or anyone who will train to be a driver.

We went to BJs last week and they had no cashiers. I was indignant; asked the managers if they are trying to switch all customers to self-checkout, and they looked desperate and said if they could just get people to COME IN when they said they would, and hire on in the first place, they would have cashiers!

You're right, millions who dropped out of the labor market in 2020 have never returned.

2022-07-14-XL.jpg

The fewer the people in the labor pool, the lower the unemployment rate.

Calculating%2Bthe%2BUnemployment%2Brate-L.jpg

Last edited:
At the store down the street from my house, chicken breast in 5 pound packages went from $1.99/lb before the election to $3.54/lb this week.

Whose fault is that? Trump?

The point is, if we go by 1980s rates, the answer would be wrong because it isn't adjusted to todays dollar "worth". A dollar today does not have the buying power of a dollar in 1980, 1950, or 1920. So if you use the same rate as 1980, your answer will be skewed.
You really need to do some research before writing. IF you did, you would not be so eager to display your ignorance on the subject.

The CRITERIA used has nothing to do with the buying power of the dollar. The methodology is different.

One major difference is that of substitution. In 1980, if the price of a pound of choice ribeye steak was $5.00 a pound and it increased to $6.00 a pound it was reported as a $1.00 increase or 20%. Today, if that same pound of ribeye went from $8.00 a pound to $9.60 a pound, the government figures you won't buy such an expensive cut but will buy something less expensive so your cost of living doesn't increase that much, you'll just buy ground sirloin for $8.50 a pound.

For an in-depth explanation.

So you want to change the inflation rates under all presidents since 1980????
They would be better still then today..I wish we could go back all the other rates,, but we are stuck with Xiden adn the Dems rate today

You really need to do some research before writing. IF you did, you would not be so eager to display your ignorance on the subject.

The CRITERIA used has nothing to do with the buying power of the dollar. The methodology is different.

One major difference is that of substitution. In 1980, if the price of a pound of choice ribeye steak was $5.00 a pound and it increased to $6.00 a pound it was reported as a $1.00 increase or 20%. Today, if that same pound of ribeye went from $8.00 a pound to $9.60 a pound, the government figures you won't buy such an expensive cut but will buy something less expensive so your cost of living doesn't increase that much, you'll just buy ground sirloin for $8.50 a pound.

For an in-depth explanation.
I don’t do math well enough to know without taking much time to study. But to the extent that is true, it’s quite eye opening. Obviously it feels like the truth. Because you can have your handmaiden media apparatchiks claiming “all is well” but we KNOW what we’re spending compared to what we formerly had to spend for the same things.

It rings true. Brandon is such a clusterfuck as President.

At the store down the street from my house, chicken breast in 5 pound packages went from $1.99/lb before the election to $3.54/lb this week.

Whose fault is that? Trump?
Due in large part to IDIOT Biden/Dem anti energy policies which is driving up the cost of everything. Biden and Dems vowed to "end fossil fuels" well now we are seeing the impact.

Forum List

Back