14 Year Old Girl Denied Life Saving Prescription Two Days After Arizona Passes Abortion Law

Actually, pharmacists are professionally obligated to question prescriptions that they feel might not be appropriate or might be misused.

In the event of death or harm to the prescribed patient, it has been established that the pharmacist is equally liable in the event an incorrect prescription has been written.

The girl had already been taking the medication, so presumably the pharmacist knew what the girl was taking it for and also knew about the refill schedule. Likewise he would've known that there was no risk to the girl since she'd already been taking it.

If it was a new prescription or for some drug not normally prescribed for the affliction I would probably agree with you...

As I said, and you're again proving to be too stupid to handle simple concepts, medications can be refilled without having to go back to your doctor or having the doctor consulted. They often print it right on the fucking label...

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. You don't know in this case. You just went off because you're a dumb pro-abort and the DemoKKKrats who control you know it.

Liar.

I never said the girl ran out completely, and you can't show where I did, idiot. Not sure where you got that idea.

Do you think it'll ever be possible for you to get through a single post without proving your a scumbag liar?

If she didn't run out, then she didn't suffer without the medication while the pharmacy did their job and contacted the doctor.

No, dummy, I didn't ask because it's really not pertinent to the discussion.

If you were smarter you'd realize that. But you're an idiot, and only an idiot would try to argue that it matters.

Why are you so dead set on seeing this girl suffer needlessly?

Once again, if she didn't run out, then she didn't suffer without the medication while the pharmacy did their job and contacted the doctor.

Now, on the other hand, pro-aborts like you who contribute to the murder of millions of babies every year ARE causing suffering. Enough to send you to hell.

As I stated in my first post, this is a case of one pharmacist who works in a Walgreen’s pharmacy. Whether or not she was influenced by any legal changes I don’t claim to know, perhaps she was influenced. My point remains it was one act by one individual. The medication was refilled the next day when the error was corrected.

And, as I stated, the error never should've occurred.

The state banned a drug which is commonly prescribed for arthritis, and the reason they did that is because, when it's combined with some other drug, can be used to induce abortions.

Kind of short-sighted...

Let me give you a real life example that happened to me if I may, well even if you’re scowling I’m the generous type so…. I happen to have a prescription that I needed to fill and it’s from this exact box chain of pharmacies. Different state. I’ve had a few issues with this particular pharmacy- they are understaffed, long wait times, and make stupid mistakes etc. After finally having enough I switched pharmacies. Now, my complaints against the one pharmacy are valid, but should I extend that to say that all pharmacies within that corporation are totally worthless! No. Well I could, but that would only happen on certain days of the month when I get riled up easier lol

Not sure what any of that has to do with this issue. The issue here isn't so much that one pharmacist in one store made an error. The issue is that, due to some over-reaching zealots the medication was banned...

Seriously?

You responded to my post in which I identified it and linked to what it's prescribed for...
Well here is what it stated right here...

"A fourteen-year-old girl who became the first child in Arizona to be denied treatment for a debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis disease that she has suffered from for years. The girl was refused her refill prescription by Walgreen, and the company cited the drug methotrexate in the State’s anti-abortion bill, which helps provide comfort from her pain"

So I don't know what you are talking about... do you?....

A fourteen-year-old girl who became the first child in Arizona to be denied treatment for a debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis disease that she has suffered from for years. The girl was refused her refill prescription by Walgreen, and the company cited the drug methotrexate in the State’s anti-abortion bill, which helps provide comfort from her pain. The State of Arizona has banned methotrexate, when taken with misoprostol can be used to terminate a pregnancy.

Denying medicine to patients with debilitating diseases. Forcing women to carry dead babies around in their bodies until they are almost dead.

Welcome to the new Christofascist America.
It ain't over till it's over, skews. Surely if someone taps the Arizona lawmakers with the information you just furnished, they'd vote an amendment in the child's favor.

And, as I stated, the error never should've occurred.

The state banned a drug which is commonly prescribed for arthritis, and the reason they did that is because, when it's combined with some other drug, can be used to induce abortions.

Kind of short-sighted...

Not sure what any of that has to do with this issue. The issue here isn't so much that one pharmacist in one store made an error. The issue is that, due to some over-reaching zealots the medication was banned...
Not so fast there Cannon fellow, that last paragraph you wrote indicates you didn’t connect the dots. My whole point is based on this premise so I will not allow you to disregard it lol Liberal media is expressing a desperation that many of us can easily see. LSM ran with this one incident, as if yet again the sky is falling!! Don’t you get tired of being led around by the nose by these article writers, people who actually get paid to sell clicks with shock and awe stories?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. You don't know in this case. You just went off because you're a dumb pro-abort and the DemoKKKrats who control you know it.

Certain things can be assumed.

First, if she showed up at the pharmacy to refill the prescription, it's probably because they were expecting it to be refilled.
Also, consider that when the pharmacist chose not to refill the prescription, it wasn't because he questioned the validity of the girl being prescribed that medication. After all, she'd already been taking it. He chose not to refill it because some religious zealot like yourself banned the medicine...

If she didn't run out, then she didn't suffer without the medication while the pharmacy did their job and contacted the doctor.

And you would have her do without that medication because, when combined with other medication, it can induce an abortion. You don't give a flying fuck that the girl needed the medicine to relieve her pain...

Now, on the other hand, pro-aborts like you who contribute to the murder of millions of babies every year ARE causing suffering.

I actually contribute nothing to anything or anyone on the left, and spare few on the right (and all local causes and candidates)...

Enough to send you to hell.

Ah, there it is. Careful, your religious zealotry is showing.

Hell is a religious construct. You and your extreme religious zealotry can fuck off.

And the next time you talk to your God, tell him I said to go fuck himself...

You're truly a dumbass.

She'd been taking this medication already. She was trying to get the prescription refilled.

I've had pharmacists verify prescriptions before, but never on a refill. Never; not once. It doesn't happen "thousands of times a day", so you should probably shut your fat fucking face until you get a clue what you're talking about.

It's disgusting that you would be all too happy to take this girl's medicine from her. Hopefully, one day soon, someone will do the same for you...
No, he's not a dumbass. This is about a prescription, and my question is "Where is the girl's mother?" Usually adults pick up prescriptions for their children. That way, they can contact the state, explain her daughter's situation and ask the legislative body of the state fix it so her daughter can remain comfortable with her arthritic issues. Most state legislatures are into helping their state's children who depend on prescriptions so they can feel like doing homework and participating in school activities. It could be they just didn't realize the medication had other purposes. One of my best friends in life had a daughter who had arthritis when she was 10 years old, and she was a bright child who took her medicine on schedule and got through most of her days okay. Even you could probably get the legislature to rethink allowing the prescription for other conditions if you could restrain yourself from calling them a dumbass, which seems to be your personal cure-all. /**trying very hard not to laugh my ass off at your expense.**

Well here is what it stated right here...

"A fourteen-year-old girl who became the first child in Arizona to be denied treatment for a debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis disease that she has suffered from for years. The girl was refused her refill prescription by Walgreen, and the company cited the drug methotrexate in the State’s anti-abortion bill, which helps provide comfort from her pain"

So I don't know what you are talking about... do you?....

I really wish I was conversing with a reasonable person, I really do.

But, despite the fact that this girl has debilitating arthritis and can actually function with this medication, you've goone on the record and decided that it's equally possible that the doctor prescribed it to work around Arizona's anti-abortion bill, even going so far as to call it "fake news" until proven otherwise.

And that's a monumentally stupid fucking thing to do...

I really wish I was conversing with a reasonable person, I really do.

But, despite the fact that this girl has debilitating arthritis and can actually function with this medication, you've goone on the record and decided that it's equally possible that the doctor prescribed it to work around Arizona's anti-abortion bill, even going so far as to call it "fake news" until proven otherwise.

And that's a monumentally stupid fucking thing to do...
Its possibly a staged event... there is treatment for her condition but that medicine is not it... so that causes me to question motives here... that's all.... I will never take any news story at face value ever again... and nor should you or anyone else....
Especially one of a subject matter so emotional as this....

No, he's not a dumbass.

You may be right.

He could be a fucking retard...

This is about a prescription, and my question is "Where is the girl's mother?" Usually adults pick up prescriptions for their children.

Um, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the mother was the one picking up the prescription, seeing as most 14 year old girls with debilitating arthritis aren't driving themselves to the drug store...

That way, they can contact the state, explain her daughter's situation and ask the legislative body of the state fix it so her daughter can remain comfortable with her arthritic issues. Most state legislatures are into helping their state's children who depend on prescriptions so they can feel like doing homework and participating in school activities.

Yes, because getting a state's legislative body to correct anything happens so quickly, right?

Please, peddle that bullshit elsewhere...

It could be they just didn't realize the medication had other purposes.

Maybe. But they knew why the girl was taking it...

One of my best friends in life had a daughter who had arthritis when she was 10 years old, and she was a bright child who took her medicine on schedule and got through most of her days okay. Even you could probably get the legislature to rethink allowing the prescription for other conditions if you could restrain yourself from calling them a dumbass, which seems to be your personal cure-all. /**trying very hard not to laugh my ass off at your expense.**

Oh fuck off.

As long as the two extremist zealots here refer to be as "pro abort" I'm going to hurl shit back at them, and I don;t give a fuck if you like it.

The big difference is that the shit I'm hurling is true. Marvin's a scumbag lair...

Its possibly a staged event...

You know, I might be on board with that had the child not already been taking the drug, and had been for some time.

Not all medications are effective for all patients. This is the medication which worked for this poor kid, and you would take it away from her.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? I know what's wrong with Marvin (he's mentally retarded), but what about you? Why would you deny this poor kid the medicine which her doctor determined is best for her?

there is treatment for her condition but that medicine is not it...

John Hopkins? Harvard?

Where'd you get your medical degree? I'm compelled to ask because, evidently, her doctor disagrees with you, and she's an actual doctor.

Methotrexate is a commonly prescribed medication for those with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis...

so that causes me to question motives here... that's all....

You're wrong. The medication is commonly given to arthritis sufferers.

Do you honestly not believe that?

I will never take any news story at face value ever again... and nor should you or anyone else....
Especially one of a subject matter so emotional as this....

It's only emotional when zealots like Marvin would deny kids their medication because he believes his convoluted religious beliefs should trump a child's right to live pain free...

A fourteen-year-old girl who became the first child in Arizona to be denied treatment for a debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis disease that she has suffered from for years. The girl was refused her refill prescription by Walgreen, and the company cited the drug methotrexate in the State’s anti-abortion bill, which helps provide comfort from her pain. The State of Arizona has banned methotrexate, when taken with misoprostol can be used to terminate a pregnancy.

Denying medicine to patients with debilitating diseases. Forcing women to carry dead babies around in their bodies until they are almost dead.

The right’s war on women and girls continues.

Denied or delayed?

You may be right.

He could be a fucking retard...

Um, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the mother was the one picking up the prescription, seeing as most 14 year old girls with debilitating arthritis aren't driving themselves to the drug store...

Yes, because getting a state's legislative body to correct anything happens so quickly, right?

Please, peddle that bullshit elsewhere...

Maybe. But they knew why the girl was taking it...

Oh fuck off.

As long as the two extremist zealots here refer to be as "pro abort" I'm going to hurl shit back at them, and I don;t give a fuck if you like it.

The big difference is that the shit I'm hurling is true. Marvin's a scumbag lair...
Bye, F-word user. That's not debate and is unacceptable since it indicates impoverished sportsmanlike verbal conduct

Bye, F-word user. That's not debate and is unacceptable since it indicates impoverished sportsmanlike verbal conduct
Eat shit, you diseased little twat.

If you're going to take issue with me, you can go fuck yourself if you're not going to take issue with him.

Are you a religious zealot too?

You know, I might be on board with that had the child not already been taking the drug, and had been for some time.

Not all medications are effective for all patients. This is the medication which worked for this poor kid, and you would take it away from her.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? I know what's wrong with Marvin (he's mentally retarded), but what about you? Why would you deny this poor kid the medicine which her doctor determined is best for her?

John Hopkins? Harvard?

Where'd you get your medical degree? I'm compelled to ask because, evidently, her doctor disagrees with you, and she's an actual doctor.

Methotrexate is a commonly prescribed medication for those with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis...

You're wrong. The medication is commonly given to arthritis sufferers.

Do you honestly not believe that?

It's only emotional when zealots like Marvin would deny kids their medication because he believes his convoluted religious beliefs should trump a child's right to live pain free...
If you are right this will be corrected but we have no idea if this story is factual....
No one will allow her to suffer if this medicine is indeed helpful to her... but the new treatment for her condition is effective and has few side effects... you have to sit with a drip once every year for a few hours... and it has great results for the ones that are truly debilitated with pain....

Forum List

Back