12-Year-Old Defends Herself with Gun, Proves Need of 2nd Amendment

You'll have to declare martial law first you dumshit or the Constitution will get in your way.

God help us, you people are hopeless.

Really? we'd have to declare martial law to go after domestic terrorists?

Domestic Terrorists....and this is what passes for intelligence on the Left.

Look kid, life isn't fair.
You can't make it "safe" for everybody, it doesn't work that way.
You cannot get guns out of the hands of bad guys, THEY DON'T OBEY LAWS, god help me I have no use for stupid people.

apparently you have a reading comprehension problem....the first phase of the suggestion was to assign the Domestic Terrorist designation to Organized Crime.

Btw.....go fuck yourself.

Or he might have been a child molester. It seems there is good reason to suspect he may have abducted the girl had she not fired.

Might have. Would have. Should have.

Kind of still goes back to why parents would leave a 12 year old in the house by herself, though, doesn't it.

The fact that you were irresponsible at 12, has no bearing on this case.

[

Frankly, I'm very happy you don't own firearms.

Well, I'm secure in myself...

You are a guy typing angry messages with a dozen guns within arm's reach...

Seriously, man, you are like the cliched stereotype of what the left thinks red state voters are...

You seem to think that my gun define me. You don't know a fucking thing about me and think a collection of firearms gives you a peek into my psyche.

If I let my mind imagine how you live your life based on what you say on a message board, I see a dozen crack pipes in a closet 8 feet behind you and a wall covered in anti Mormon literature and photos. See how that works, dumbfuck?

Are you serious? IT WAS A FUCKING 12 your old!!!!!!!! you know other countries put guns in the hands of kids, KID SOLDIERS! are we a 3rd world aferican country?

A death penalty that takes decades to carry out is not a deterent, and most of the 9 million in your example are multiple offenders, why would you have a problem with putting them our of our misery? And don't give me that crap they these poor souls didn't have the advantages we did. I've worked since age 13 and never considered stealing to get what I needed. I lived away from my parent when I graduated from HS, but I made it a priority to get my diploma, these people could have done the same.

The death penalty isn't a deterrent because most people either aren't thinking that far ahead or they think they can get away with it.

Death Penalty states have higher murder rates than non-dp states. And countries like Germany have lower murder rates than we do.

The fact that you made it doesn't make up for the fact that some don't.

Please move to Germany!

If they refuse to register, then they aren't exactly law abiding, are they?

I see how it works now, any home that does not have registered weapons is breaking the law, even if they don't have weapons.

The point of the suggestion is...

That you didn't think?

A. we have a huge problem with Organized Crime in this country....gangs control large chunks of our cities. They kill indiscriminantly and intimidate good people on a daily basis. Their numbers are too much for the police to handle. The cries for gun control, as misguided as they are....largely come from the victims and families of these animals. The hard left takes their side and try to get laws passed that are ineffective towards criminals....because they don't give a shit about laws anyway....and directly affect everyday gun owners.....and they aren't going to stop demanding those laws.

Strange, I grew up in a city that is walking distance from one of the most gang infested cities in the world, and I never noticed any armed gangs roaming the streets, nor did I see the police unable to deal with them.

We actually live in a country where the police are not supposed to control the people. I know that is hard for people to grasp at times, but I like to keep reminding them of the basic fact that police are there to serve, not control.

B. The act of registering firearms creates a line between legal and illegal guns. The tradeoff of registering them is that you get to own any weapon you fancy...any registered gun becomes legal. Of course....people with violent felony convictions don't get to own....so they won't register....people who have stolen weapons won't register. People who plan to use their weapons in criminal activity won't register.

It certainly looks that way, on the surface, doesn't it? The major problem with your theory is that there is no way to look at a weapon and tell if it is legal or not, so your entire argument falls apart on that basis alone. On top of that, even if you actually had 100% compliance with the law, someone could steal a "legal" gun and use it in an illegal act.

Are you getting my drift?

Is your drift that you are really 5 years old and think that good intentions mean more than actual real life results, because that is where you are drifting.

Last edited:
That's just it guys.....I'm looking for an alternative solution, rather than the choices of Gun control laws that are only effective in restricting the rights of good citizens to own guns and turning our beloved country into a fully automatic version the old west.

I mean some of you guys took my suggestion as a personal affront.....I'm just trying to look at the situation.....as in why all these calls for more of the same ineffective gun control are happening, and how to find a reasonable and effective way of cleansing our country of the main reason for these demands....violence by organized crime and the gang situation....which is a pariah in our country....while trying to maintain the second amendment rights of law abiding citizens.

The problem with your solution is it doesn't actually address the real problem, it attacks a symptom.

12-Year-Old Defends Herself with Gun, Proves Need of 2nd Amendment - Celia Bigelow - Page 1

12-Year-Old Defends Herself with Gun

As the left continues to advocate for further restrictions on the Second Amendment, others are using it to save their lives.

This past Wednesday a young 12-year old girl in Bryan County, Oklahoma was able to protect her life when an intruder kicked in her back door and entered her house. Frantically, she called her mother who advised her to grab their household gun, hide in the closet, and call 911.

The intruder made his way through the house, and as he was opening the door of the closet, the young girl shot him through the closet door. The intruder left the house and the girl was found unharmed. The police arrived and took the man into custody.

What would have happened had the girl not been armed? We can’t be sure, but there are far too many stories of young girls being kidnapped, murdered, and raped.
Now explain to me again why we need more restrictive gun laws?

Which one of you libs would prefer that this little girl be UNARMED?

How many 12 year old and younger boys and girls were killled by a handgun in 2011?

What does that have to do with the fact that this girl defended herself?

A death penalty that takes decades to carry out is not a deterent, and most of the 9 million in your example are multiple offenders, why would you have a problem with putting them our of our misery? And don't give me that crap they these poor souls didn't have the advantages we did. I've worked since age 13 and never considered stealing to get what I needed. I lived away from my parent when I graduated from HS, but I made it a priority to get my diploma, these people could have done the same.

The death penalty isn't a deterrent because most people either aren't thinking that far ahead or they think they can get away with it.

Death Penalty states have higher murder rates than non-dp states. And countries like Germany have lower murder rates than we do.

The fact that you made it doesn't make up for the fact that some don't.

Yep, some don't, and they know they'll bleeding heart liberals out there making excuses for them instead of holding them responsible for their actions. That would make you part of the problem.

Last edited:
That's just it guys.....I'm looking for an alternative solution, rather than the choices of Gun control laws that are only effective in restricting the rights of good citizens to own guns and turning our beloved country into a fully automatic version the old west.

I mean some of you guys took my suggestion as a personal affront.....I'm just trying to look at the situation.....as in why all these calls for more of the same ineffective gun control are happening, and how to find a reasonable and effective way of cleansing our country of the main reason for these demands....violence by organized crime and the gang situation....which is a pariah in our country....while trying to maintain the second amendment rights of law abiding citizens.

I've told you, if they can't live by the rules, you simply kill the bastards. Problem solved.

and little brother gets bequeathed his arsenal that didn't get found when he was arrested on the charge that ended his life. Do you know anything about the level of organization and the complexity of gangs these days? These guys aren't simple street thugs....at least not once you get above the street level.

There's enough desperation on the mean streets of our cities to have plenty of recruits to take the executed's place. Do you really want a perpetual war inside our own borders? Because that's what it is and what it will be.

We are already trying to take these people off the street.....they out number and many times outgun police officers. It's a battle we are losing.....why?

Why are we allowing this shit to go on? Do we have to wait until they "expand their enterprises" to us folk in white suburbia? Do we have to wait until we fall asleep to the restful sounds of gunfire, screams and police sirens? Do we have to wait until one of our kids gets killed by a stray bullet?

This is our country damn it. The FBI estimates that there are 1.4 Million people in this country that are ACTIVE gang members....that's from a quick Google search and the report was from 2011.....in 2009? There were about 400k less.

If you think this problem is going to go away with a "three strikes and you're dead" law, I think you're mistaken.

Simple question, what is your solution?

I've told you, if they can't live by the rules, you simply kill the bastards. Problem solved.

and little brother gets bequeathed his arsenal that didn't get found when he was arrested on the charge that ended his life. Do you know anything about the level of organization and the complexity of gangs these days? These guys aren't simple street thugs....at least not once you get above the street level.

There's enough desperation on the mean streets of our cities to have plenty of recruits to take the executed's place. Do you really want a perpetual war inside our own borders? Because that's what it is and what it will be.

We are already trying to take these people off the street.....they out number and many times outgun police officers. It's a battle we are losing.....why?

Why are we allowing this shit to go on? Do we have to wait until they "expand their enterprises" to us folk in white suburbia? Do we have to wait until we fall asleep to the restful sounds of gunfire, screams and police sirens? Do we have to wait until one of our kids gets killed by a stray bullet?

This is our country damn it. The FBI estimates that there are 1.4 Million people in this country that are ACTIVE gang members....that's from a quick Google search and the report was from 2011.....in 2009? There were about 400k less.

If you think this problem is going to go away with a "three strikes and you're dead" law, I think you're mistaken.

To get firearms out of the hands of CRIMINALS and eliminate the restrictions of firearms on LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS. Isn't that what you want?

BTW.....Windbag......If a weapon is STOLEN....you report it STOLEN, don't you? Or don't you insure, keep track of and protect your property? Talk about a lack of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

To get firearms out of the hands of CRIMINALS and eliminate the restrictions of firearms on LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS. Isn't that what you want?

BTW.....Windbag......If a weapon is STOLEN....you report it STOLEN, don't you? Or don't you insure, keep track of and protect your property? Talk about a lack of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Great goal, but I don't see a plan to get there. Militarizing the country is not a viable solution, the supremes have already allowed police to throw out the 4th Amendment with stop and frisk. So I guess my question is how do you hold just the criminals to account, without stepping all over the law abiding?

There is only one salient point in all of these discussions about controlling (confiscating) handguns...

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
...Remember that!

The solution is to educate and arm the general public.

Back to the OP story. I am glad the girl had sense enough to shoot through the door. I just wish she had hit the fucker....in the head!

Are you serious? IT WAS A FUCKING 12 your old!!!!!!!! you know other countries put guns in the hands of kids, KID SOLDIERS! are we a 3rd world aferican country?

Are YOU serious? I got my first .22 on my 7th birthday! By the time I was 12 I was an accomplished shot with everything from handguns to deer rifles to 12 ga. shotguns. I knew how to break them down, clean them and put them back together again.

And I've never, EVER shot ANYTHING accidentally.

that isn't repealing it. and, actually, breyer's dissent simply said there were questions not asked by scalia and friends that needed to be asked in any appropriate evaluation of the law.

the dissent in heller is actually a brilliant analysis...unlike the decision itself.

Your first link relates a story that clearly illustrates a kid that 'snapped'. No one seems to know why, and it is tragic, but it doesn't make me want to restrict the 2nd Amendment.

Your 2nd link shows a 'published date' of November 12, 1865.

That's quite a reach, don't you think?

Only idiots think anybody can keep guns out of the hands of criminals.....

is anyone trying to repeal the 2nd?

4 of 9 SCOTUS said it doesn't apply to citizens.

that isn't repealing it. and, actually, breyer's dissent simply said there were questions not asked by scalia and friends that needed to be asked in any appropriate evaluation of the law.

the dissent in heller is actually a brilliant analysis...unlike the decision itself.

Then why didn't he ask those questions? Heller didn't go nearly as far as it should have. They simply ruled a citizen has a right to a gun for self defense in the home, I got news for them, that right does not end at your front door. I've got one question for you, if judges only use the law and the Constitution, and not their political ideolgy, to make their decisions, why are there not more unanimous decisions.

Forum List

Back