100,000 dead ain't Sheyat compared to 40 million out of work....

I have reread that discussion multiple times... and I have discovered the flaw in Xponent's argument.

He would have said "he fucked up" even if only 100 people died from this virus instead of 100,000. His concern for the well-being of his fellow-men isn't.

Without being specific, Xponent contends "the president fucked up."

How? And in what way? What specific action by the president led to 100,000 Americans dying from this virus?

"He would have said "he fucked up" even if only 100 people died from this virus instead of 100,000. His concern for the well-being of his fellow-men isn't."

Complete bullshit.

"How? And in what way? What specific action by the president led to 100,000 Americans dying from this virus?"

Minimized the seriousness of this virus. Sat on his ass for 3.5 years instead of checking on the stockpile of supplies. Disregarded Obama's plan because Obama made it. Didn't replace it with an adequate plan.

The Obama administration had at least seven years to replenish the stockpile of masks,

The Obama administration had at least seven years to replenish the stockpile of masks,

He outlined the importance of that as he left office. He also provided them with very detailed suggestions for potential pandemics. They didn't listen to him.

“The existence and available supply of MCM is a key issue in considering the risks associated with an outbreak and the response. MCM availability and development must be prioritized at high levels of the U.S. Government and mobilized early in any emerging infectious threat incident. Additionally, planning (legal, regulatory, logistical, funding) for the deployment of prioritized MCM if available, and their development if not, must also be done early.”

Instead they shit on what his playbook said and replaced it with their own. The Press Secretary confirmed this.

“In other words, the Obama-Biden paper packet was superseded by a President Trump-style pandemic preparedness response plan,“ McEnany said.

It's 2020 now. Look at the numbers. We're now leading the world in cases and deaths.

Do you think we've done a good job of handling this?

Do you believe the numbers from China? How cute! You believe in unicorns too, don't you?

Why are you ignoring the deaths per capita? Oh, right, that makes you look like a fool.

From today, 5/25/2020

2020-05-25-X2.jpg

"He would have said "he fucked up" even if only 100 people died from this virus instead of 100,000. His concern for the well-being of his fellow-men isn't."

Complete bullshit.

Refusal to refute the assertion. Noted.

Minimized the seriousness of this virus. Sat on his ass for 3.5 years instead of checking on the stockpile of supplies. Disregarded Obama's plan because Obama made it. Didn't replace it with an adequate plan.

Was it the lack of a sufficient testing apparatus?

No. The testing apparatus was dated, to begin with.

Why didn't previous administrations foresee this and work to streamline it? The system was dated and left for the President to fix. Why is this suddenly Trump's fault?

Was it the lack of a sufficient prophylactic regimen for this virus?

No.

How can you develop prophylactic regimens for an unforeseen virus you know nothing about?

Was it the re-patriation of 40,000 Americans from China after Trump issued the Chinese travel ban?

Perhaps.

But what were you expecting him to do? Abandon them?

Was it Trump's nonchalant attitude towards the virus?

Hardly.

While that isn't the right attitude to have in the face of the public, his real attitude was reflected by what he did to mitigate the death toll. He banned flights from infected countries, he invoked the DPA to have millions of sets of PPE manufactured and hundreds of thousands of ventilators, he essentially united the pharmaceutical industry in an effort to help find a prophylactic regimen for COVID-19, he charged the US military with building dozens of field hospitals in hard-hit areas and dispatched two hospital ships to Los Angeles and New York to assist with a potential lack of hospital bed capacity due to a non-existent deluge of COVID-19 patients, and he implemented "Operation: Warp Speed" to ensure that a vaccine is made available to every American in the country by the fall.

I stress: Hardly.

Was it his lack of an "adequate" plan?

No.

No president, not Obama, not Trump, can adequately plan for a disaster on this scale.

Was it Trump sitting on his hands for 3 1/2 years and not replenishing the strategic reserve?

No.

Obama could have replenished the stockpile at least twice during his term after depleting it during the H1N1 pandemic. Why do I say twice? Because the N95 masks have a shelf life of about 4 years.

It is the duty of every president to leave the country in an optimal state for the incoming administration. At least Bush replenished the stockpile before he left office. Obama depleted it and did nothing for the seven years following.

Was it his reliance on WHO and China?

Yes.

That one action alone contributed to the deaths of 100,000 Americans. If the WHO had been forthright from the onset, and not contended in January that there was no evidence of human to human transmission of COVID-19, the president could have prosecuted a more efficient response.

Last edited:
I have grown tired of the debate about Trump's bloodguilt toward 100,000 so called COVID deaths...it's bullshit anyway. However from a purely pragmatic point of view I say .... Tough Shit .... life comes with death as an option...it always did. You think you can make a case based on one hundred thousand???....hell you can't even make a case based on one million.... Go ahead...run with that false narrative and pretend that it's true and I'll tell you what.... Even if it was true it doesn't matter because forty million people are not going to sit down and just give up the ghost so they can hate on a President..... The GOP may have one of the strongest rallying cries in the History of modern politics at this point.... " YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO WORK? VOTE REPUBLICAN! "

See ya in November suckers...

JO

The value of human life vs value of economic property will be decided in the coming months. If as many expect, the opening up of the economy results in a wave of new cases and deaths, how supportive will the public be for a second shutdown and stay at home orders. My guess is that we will see massive resistance and probably at least a half million deaths before this time next year.

Last edited:
HMMM... so the USA with 330 million people is the 3rd largest behind India 1,362,670,735 and China at 1,402,799,720...
leads the world in cases right? The USA leads the other two largest countries in testing with 14,767,002 or 4.47% of the USA population.
So explain why China which is 24% larger than the USA have NOT tested anyone!
So explain how China has ONLY 82,985 out of 1.4 billion or 0.0059% cases? And NOT one test reported to WHO!

Arithmetic was never your strong suit, was it?

Do you too believe the numbers given out by Communist China, the originating country, and India for that matter? How cute!

Sweden has been touted by the Far-Left as having the perfect solution. How many deaths per million do they have and the United States?

2020-05-25-X2.jpg

I have grown tired of the debate about Trump's bloodguilt toward 100,000 so called COVID deaths...it's bullshit anyway. However from a purely pragmatic point of view I say .... Tough Shit .... life comes with death as an option...it always did. You think you can make a case based on one hundred thousand???....hell you can't even make a case based on one million.... Go ahead...run with that false narrative and pretend that it's true and I'll tell you what.... Even if it was true it doesn't matter because forty million people are not going to sit down and just give up the ghost so they can hate on a President..... The GOP may have one of the strongest rallying cries in the History of modern politics at this point.... " YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO WORK? VOTE REPUBLICAN! "

See ya in November suckers...

JO
The left is counting on keeping as many unemployed as possible, so that in the end, the desperate public will vote for any candidate dangling a long-term regular income their way. Eventually, the leftist government runs out of money and to compensate, prints more money, thus creating runaway inflation and you have the scenario of wheelbarrows full of worthless currency being pushed around to pay for minor things.

Last edited:
HMMM... so the USA with 330 million people is the 3rd largest behind India 1,362,670,735 and China at 1,402,799,720...
leads the world in cases right? The USA leads the other two largest countries in testing with 14,767,002 or 4.47% of the USA population.
So explain why China which is 24% larger than the USA have NOT tested anyone!
So explain how China has ONLY 82,985 out of 1.4 billion or 0.0059% cases? And NOT one test reported to WHO!

Do you too believe the numbers given out by Communist China, the originating country, and India for that matter? How cute!

I don't trust China's numbers. I have no issue with India.

Do you believe the numbers from China?

Now I'm just repeating myself. (again)

Read post #179 and #201.

So...you were not repeating yourself when you posted this?

XponentialChaos said:
It's 2020 now. Look at the numbers. We're now leading the world in cases and deaths.

Yes indeed, look at the numbers. Obviously, President Donald Trump has done an extraordinarily good job of leading not just the United States but set the pace for the rest of the world.

2.2 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE U.S. COULD DIE IF CORONAVIRUS GOES UNCHECKED

Sharon Lerner

March 17 2020, 1:30 p.m.

Do you believe the numbers from China?

Now I'm just repeating myself. (again)

Read post #179 and #201.

So...you were not repeating yourself when you posted this?

XponentialChaos said:

Yes indeed, look at the numbers. Obviously, President Donald Trump has done an extraordinarily good job of leading not just the United States but set the pace for the rest of the world.

2.2 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE U.S. COULD DIE IF CORONAVIRUS GOES UNCHECKED

Sharon Lerner

March 17 2020, 1:30 p.m.

We have the most cases and deaths in the world.

We have one of the highest death rates in the world.

Our economy is destroyed.

No, I don't think we've handled this well at all compared to the rest of the world.

Trump has been criticizing them, which has been fair to do. Then he blindly listens to them. Not smart.

Oh every scientist in the world was listening to China's scientists. A mistake, sure, but a reasonable assumption nonetheless. There is an inherent level of trust in the scientific community. Scientists trust each other to be factual and exact. But it seems that our scientists relied on that trust a bit too much and were betrayed.

Don't trust China. Mistake by Trump.

You know he trusted them how? By what he said for public and the consumption of China? How cute!

Trump has been criticizing them, which has been fair to do. Then he blindly listens to them. Not smart.

Oh every scientist in the world was listening to China's scientists. A mistake, sure, but a reasonable assumption nonetheless. There is an inherent level of trust in the scientific community. Scientists trust each other to be factual and exact. But it seems that our scientists relied on that trust a bit too much and were betrayed.

Don't trust China. Mistake by Trump.

You know he trusted them how? By what he said for public and the consumption of China? How cute!

The poster I was discussing this with agreed. One of the few things we agreed on.

"He put his faith in China to do the right thing and they let him down."

Complete bullshit.

"How? And in what way? What specific action by the president led to 100,000 Americans dying from this virus?"

Once again, but I repeat myself. By the way, how do you stockpile tests...for something you don't know what to test for?

Preparation%20Coronavirus%202020-02-27-XL.jpg

We have the most cases and deaths in the world.

True. If we simply counted them all, we do.

We have one of the highest death rates in the world.

True, we are 10th out of 188 countries. At 5.9%.

However, Belgium has a death rate of 16%, which makes the overall claim misleading.

Our economy is destroyed.

That remains to be seen. If these lockdowns persist, then yes, our economy will be destroyed. And people will die, in numbers orders of magnitude higher than the current COVID-19 death toll.

No, I don't think we've handled this well at all compared to the rest of the world.

That's more of an opinion rather than a factual assessment.

Complete bullshit.

Once again, but I repeat myself. By the way, how do you stockpile tests...for something you don't know what to test for?

Preparation%20Coronavirus%202020-02-27-XL.jpg

That's outlined in the playbook that Obama left for Trump.

He just didn't use it.

We do not know that the lockdown checked anything because it’s a self fullfilling prophecy with no cross check countermeasure available, thus invalid assumption offered as fake fact
Ventilators never became any form of widespread shortage despite libbies hysterically crowing that they would. Having been defeated, again, on another hoaxist assertion they are redoubling the ventilator shortage falsehood by regurgitating it over and over

Forum List

Back