Zimmerman may be charged with a hate crime

Should Zimmerman be charged with a hate crime by the Feds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As I've pointed out from the start, the shithead racist lynch mob will demand federal charges after Zimmerman is acquitted of murder. The Obama/Holder administration is looking for any excuse for those charges. But, again, there's absolutely zero evidence that Zimmerman is guilty of a capital thought-crime of believing the truth about Afros. The stupid Jew-Hispanic probably liked Afros. With any luck, the Obama/Holder administration will back away when the jurors say they found no evidence of racial motivation to the shooting.

And, we've all learned our lesson. If you have to shoot an Afro in self-defense, don't call 911, flush the corpse down the toilet like a turd. Shooting is self-defense against an Afro. The toilet is self-defense against Afro-kind.

^^^^^^^^^^

racist loser say what?

Translation, por favor.

I despise the Orwellian "Thought Police" definition of 'hate crimes'.

Why should a white dude get a harsher sentence for killing a black guy than if that same white guy was to invade my Granny's home and kill her?
(we can transpose the words 'white' and 'black' if it makes anybody uncomfortable)
:cool:

Okay - but this is a man's life. It's not abstract.

It's two men's lives. One who died already, and one who stands to lose his "life" to an accusation that his thoughts at one point in time were "hateful".

I despise the Orwellian "Thought Police" definition of 'hate crimes'.

Why should a white dude get a harsher sentence for killing a black guy than if that same white guy was to invade my Granny's home and kill her?
(we can transpose the words 'white' and 'black' if it makes anybody uncomfortable)
:cool:

Okay - but this is a man's life. It's not abstract.

It's two men's lives. One who died already, and one who stands to lose his "life" to an accusation that his thoughts at one point in time were "hateful".

I know that. You can't just take my quote in a vacuum. I was addressing hortysir's response.

It is very likely that Zimmerman does in fact hate Blacks. Based on what I've read and heard about Zimmerman I have a clear impression that the man is not rational. So if a strong case can be made that he did in fact "hate" Trayvon Martin, whom he had never met before the minutes in which he killed him, would this not also support an equally strong case that Zimmerman is insane? And if he was truly convinced that he was justified in killing Martin, wouldn't that suggest he doesn't know right from wrong?

So maybe charging him with something as stupid as a "hate crime" will work out to Zimmerman's advantage.

With all due respect to you Mikek, almost none of that fits my impressions on the scenario: I saw no indication in his words during the 911 call that he hated blacks. He was prompted to even ID the person with a "hoodie" on, on the basis of race, and said nothing in that regard on his own.

He sounded very calm and reasonable to me, if I don't impute actions to him that I don't know for sure happened; for instance that he stalked Trayvon. It was totally dark and rainy so it would've been hard for him to be sure where Trayvon was at any given time.

I don't see how only meeting him for the first time would support insanity, since when he did actually encounter him in the dark and the rain, he was slugged across the nose, thrown to the ground and had his head slammed to the pavement.

When his gun was exposed to view during that scuffle, Trayvon said "you’re going to die tonight." That is sufficient cause to get the gun in his hand before Trayvon could, and after that anything could happen. As we all heard said, “never draw a gun unless you intend to use it;” using it was a product of that final happening.

We will all get to hear the evidence during the trial. The trial will almost certainly take place after the presidential race, so that presidential politics won't play a roll, at least as it does now. I hope that when the evidence is finally heard, that then people will make informed judgments as to the sanity of Zimmerman; a judgment that at this stage of the process cannot be founded on knowledge from any reports.

The only basis I see for calling his judgment into question is having the gun in the first place, and as I understand it that was recommended to him by others when he took the neighborhood watch responsibility that he should do so.

Any charge of a “Hate Crime” is for politics, and that is coming out of the feds and a very racial Justice Department. Once the presidential race is over, then that will fall flat, and be another black mark on this Justice Department. I see an outsized tragedy here, without a hate crime charge, and if it's made and ends up in court we'll all see it for the Star Chamber proceding it will be, and even a greater tragedy.

Last edited:
Charging Zimmerman with a hate crime has less to do with Zimmerman than it has to do with the next person who is threatend by a young black thug. You take action at your peril. You might well find your actions that save your life then have that life taken from you by a government that objects to your fighting back against young black thugs.
In spite of the fact that I am regarded as a "leftist" by the right-wing faction of this forum I would be inclined to agree with you except for one thing; I have heard absolutely nothing to suggest that Trayvon Martin was doing anything wrong. He had gone out to a store and was returning home. The only thing I recall Zimmerman reporting in his 911 call is the individual he was following was "acting suspiciously," which is completely subjective.

Did I miss something? Is there any substantive reason to believe Zimmerman was observing anything overtly suspicious in Martin's behavior, e.g., looking in windows, trying doors, entering onto private property, etc.? Because without any such cause neither Zimmerman nor any police officer would have a right to accost and question Martin.

Briefly stated; if Martin was doing something to justify Zimmerman's attention and then Martin attacked Zimmerman for stopping him, then I'm on Zimmerman's side. Otherwise Zimmerman ended a young life without just cause and has visited tormenting misery on Martin's parents who seem like decent, law-abiding people.

Charging Zimmerman with a hate crime has less to do with Zimmerman than it has to do with the next person who is threatend by a young black thug. You take action at your peril. You might well find your actions that save your life then have that life taken from you by a government that objects to your fighting back against young black thugs.
In spite of the fact that I am regarded as a "leftist" by the right-wing faction of this forum I would be inclined to agree with you except for one thing; I have heard absolutely nothing to suggest that Trayvon Martin was doing anything wrong. He had gone out to a store and was returning home. The only thing I recall Zimmerman reporting in his 911 call is the individual he was following was "acting suspiciously," which is completely subjective.

Did I miss something? Is there any substantive reason to believe Zimmerman was observing anything overtly suspicious in Martin's behavior, e.g., looking in windows, trying doors, entering onto private property, etc.? Because without any such cause neither Zimmerman nor any police officer would have a right to accost and question Martin.

Briefly stated; if Martin was doing something to justify Zimmerman's attention and then Martin attacked Zimmerman for stopping him, then I'm on Zimmerman's side. Otherwise Zimmerman ended a young life without just cause and has visited tormenting misery on Martin's parents who seem like decent, law-abiding people.

It's irrelevant what Martin was doing.
that said, Zimmerman, who had experience with this, clearly thought he was casing houses or something.

His drug use should negate that aspect of his crime(s). He was on speed and downers. Driving of course, and carrying a gun. It is surprising he only killed one person.

If Zimmerman posted things on message boards that you post on message boards, I could certainly see him being charged with a hate crime. Not that he did....just saying.

You are full of hate and bigotry. And oddly, I've yet to see a single rightie call you on it.

In spite of the fact that I am regarded as a "leftist" by the right-wing faction of this forum

I guess "leftist" means "racist piece of shit"?

You have no reason to doubt Zimmerman's judgement that Trayvon was acting suspiciously. Indeed, Trayvon's assault on Zimmerman as well as Travyon's disciplinary problems both suggest that Zimmerman's judgement was correct.

Maybe Zimmerman saw Trayvon peeking into Windows, etc. Just from what we know, Zimmerman had enough reason to call police. A lone, hooded figure, and a stranger to that neighborhood, in a cold, dark night looking around, without any apparent desire to be going any place, in a neighborhood that has experienced a rash of crimes.

That piece of shit that is presumed to be Trayvon's dad said he warned Trayvon about the dangers of whites to blacks (what a hoot, the racist shit has it backwards). If there's any truth to the lies of white racism, and if Trayvon were innocent, he should have know better than to do what he was doing. It's like you don't loiter around an ATM machine.

May 15, 2012/ABC News Exclusive: Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations After Trayvon Martin Shooting

A medical report compiled by the family physician of accused Trayvon Martin murderer George Zimmerman and obtained exclusively by ABC News found that Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation. Zimmerman faces a second degree murder charge for the Feb. 26 shooting that left the unarmed 17-year-old high school junior dead. Zimmerman has claimed self defense in what he described as a life and death struggle that Martin initiated by accosting him, punching him in the face, ... (more)
ABC News Exclusive: Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations After Trayvon Martin Shooting

Last edited:
Calling something a hate crime and giving harsher sentences to them is the very definition of someone not getting equal protection under the law.

The Supreme Court disagrees. There’s noting new or inappropriate concerning hate crime legislation:

Traditionally, sentencing judges have considered a wide variety of factors in addition to evidence bearing on guilt in determining what sentence to impose on a convicted defendant. See Payne v. Tennessee, 501 U. S. ----, ---- (1991) (slip op., at 10); United States v. Tucker, 404 U.S. 443, 446 (1972); Williams v. New York, 337 U.S. 241, 246 (1949). The defendant's motive for committing the offense is one important factor. See 1 W. LeFave & A. Scott, Substantive Criminal Law § 3.6(b), p. 324 (1986) ("Motives are most relevant when the trial judge sets the defendant's sentence, and it is not uncommon for a defendant to receive a minimum sentence because he was acting with good motives, or a rather high sentence because of his bad motives"); cf. Tison v. Arizona, 481 U.S. 137, 156 (1987) ("Deeply ingrained in our legal tradition is the idea that the more purposeful is the criminal conduct, the more serious is the offense, and, therefore, the more severely it ought to be punished"). Thus, in many States the commission of a murder, or other capital offense, for pecuniary gain is a separate aggravating circumstance under the capital sentencing statute.

Wisconsin v. Mitchell, 508 U.S. 47 (1993).

"Hate crime" is the left's catch-all term.

I don’t believe anyone would consider Chief Justice Rehnquist, who authored the above unanimous Mitchell opinion, a member of ‘the left.’

The fucking Federal government should stay the fuck out of this.

Now there’s an enlightened, intelligent response.

zimmerman-thumb-400xauto-32375.gif

The Rabbi now projects his own inability to produce substantive objective evidence on to me.

Give it a try, son. We will guide you.

If Zimmerman posted things on message boards that you post on message boards, I could certainly see him being charged with a hate crime. Not that he did....just saying.

You are full of hate and bigotry. And oddly, I've yet to see a single rightie call you on it.

Mostly because you made it up, like all liberals do. Then you wonder why no one calls me on what exists only in your own mind.

We have one hispanic guy who is beaten up but alive. b We have a string, a plethora, a gaggle, of white victims beaten and left for dead with no mention of a hate crime even when the elements of a hate crime come out of the perpetrator's mouth. It's when the white, or semi-white victim fights back that we see the sudden appearance of a hate crime.

I am a Republican but not a far righties. katzndogz is a vicious bigot, yeah: always has been. If he were confronted by some of his bogies, he would wet his pants and run away. Pathetic.

Forum List

Back