Zimmerman may be charged with a hate crime

Should Zimmerman be charged with a hate crime by the Feds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FBI may charge George Zimmerman with hate crime | www.wftv.com

SANFORD, Fla. — WFTV has learned charges against George Zimmerman could be getting more serious.

State prosecutors said Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman, profiled and stalked 17-year-old Trayvon Martin before killing him, so the FBI is now looking into charging him with a hate crime.
/snip
But if Zimmerman is charged and found guilty of a federal hate crime involving murder, he could face the death penalty.

I honestly don't know how I feel about this.
Strange. The only hate I see is from Travon Martin supporters. Not even Travon when he assaulted Zimmerman was guilty of a 'hate crime' as it was probably not racially motivated... he was just a young thug being hassled and reacted in character.

Someone probably will call what I just said 'hate speech' too.

I have seen plenty of hate from both sides of the argument, here and on the media.

I just don't think it is a hate crime.

I don't think it is a hate crime, and I need more information re: who is behind this, and why they think they have a case. It could just be some idiot in that department looking to make a name for himself.

They won't bring the charge unless they're pretty sure they can get a conviction. In this case, I think it was hatred that spurred Zimmerman on and it is the one reason he even kept following Travon in the first place.

BEcause you've known Zimmerman and talked to him afterwards?
Dunce
It seems your idea of participating in a discussion is issuing nonsensical adolescent comments and personal insults. So as far as I'm concerned you can go and play with your schoolyard peers because your inane commentary isn't worth the time and space it occupies. You're on my Ignore list where you belong.

The Rabbi is full of nonsense. However, none of us know what was in Z's head that night, other than sheer recklessness.

They won't bring the charge unless they're pretty sure they can get a conviction. In this case, I think it was hatred that spurred Zimmerman on and it is the one reason he even kept following Travon in the first place.

BEcause you've known Zimmerman and talked to him afterwards?
Dunce
It seems your idea of participating in a discussion is issuing nonsensical adolescent comments and personal insults. So as far as I'm concerned you can go and play with your schoolyard peers because your inane commentary isn't worth the time and space it occupies. You're on my Ignore list where you belong.

There wasn't a discussion. She threw it the most inane statement on this board today. She doesn't know Zimmerman. She's never talked to Zimmerman. All she knows is what has been reported, and probably not much of that. So she defaults to "It was hatred."
It was a stupid comment and deserved to be called out.
Just like yours. Enjoy your neg rep.

State prosecutors said Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman, profiled and stalked 17-year-old Trayvon Martin before killing him, so the FBI is now looking into charging him with a hate crime.

If that's true then the crime would satisfy the hate crime statute, would it not?

Strange. The only hate I see is from Travon Martin supporters. Not even Travon when he assaulted Zimmerman was guilty of a 'hate crime' as it was probably not racially motivated... he was just a young thug being hassled and reacted in character.

Trayvon was a racist piece of shit, as proven by his Social Media, and a complete lack of whites to vouch for his character. Zimmerman can't say "cold" without being accused of being a racist, but Trayvon can wrap himself in "nigga" culture and not be accused of racism.

It's absurd to think that Trayvon didn't factor in Zimmerman's relatively light skin when Trayvon chose to assault Zimmerman.

I haven't even pieced together how this would work. Double jeopardy. They can't try him for the same crime twice, but apparently if you change what it's called, then you've changed the charge. Right?

It's not a charge of murder the charge is "hate crime." Different charges entirely so it's not double jeopardy.

The fucking Federal government should stay the fuck out of this.

I realize our joke of an Attorney General and his joke of a boss probably don't have the collective sense of a gnat. But still, before anything can be a hate crime (no matter how stupid that concept might be), it has to first be a crime.

We have yet to see actual evidence or proof that what Zimmerman did WAS a crime.

A tragedy? yeah. I'll buy that.

But a crime?

Sorry, Charlie. Not only is the jury still out on that, there's no jury. Not even a grand jury.

I haven't even pieced together how this would work. Double jeopardy. They can't try him for the same crime twice, but apparently if you change what it's called, then you've changed the charge. Right?

It's not a charge of murder the charge is "hate crime." Different charges entirely so it's not double jeopardy.

It could be the same crime. All these federal hate crimes is a way around double jeopardy. Not because they are different crimes, but different juisdictions. George Zimmerman has been chosen to be a human sacrifice to the diversity god.

I don't even see how the murder charge happened, since it was not premeditated.

FBI may charge George Zimmerman with hate crime | www.wftv.com

SANFORD, Fla. — WFTV has learned charges against George Zimmerman could be getting more serious.

/snip
But if Zimmerman is charged and found guilty of a federal hate crime involving murder, he could face the death penalty.

I honestly don't know how I feel about this.

the whole "hate crime" thing is a crock of shit...

if a violent crime against another person was committed, it's a crime, period...

and should be prosecuted as such... to the fullest extent of the law...

if someone assaults me and beats the living daylights outta me for any particular reason (mebbe to rob me), why should he get a lessor sentence than someone who assaults a black person and beats the living daylights outta the black person because it's suspected that he beat up the black guy simply because the black guy was black...?

Second Degree murder does not require premeditation.

If that's true then the crime would satisfy the hate crime statute, would it not?

In order for it to be a hate crime it would first have to be a crime.

The inappropriate affidavit of probable cause that accuses Zimmerman of profiling doesn't say "racial profiling" nor does it make any effort to establish racial profiling. It's not true and if the prosecutor at any evidence of racial profiling, she would have put it into the affidavit. The Prosecutor might just pull out of her skanky **** that Zimmerman called police because Trayvon was wearing a hoodie. (Zimmerman called police because of Trayvon's behavior.)

Meanwhile, Obama/Holder goons casing the neighborhood to try too dig up anyone who'll say they've ever heard a racial comment from Zimmerman. They're trying to prove thought crime that they have no evidence occurred in the first place. Ain't it wonderful having n***** in government?

In order for it to be a hate crime it would first have to be a crime.

I already said that. :lol:

So ...

I agree.

:thup:

I don't think it is a hate crime, and I need more information re: who is behind this, and why they think they have a case. It could just be some idiot in that department looking to make a name for himself.

Kind of like the prosecutor asking for 2nd degree murder :eusa_whistle:

Charging Zimmerman with a hate crime has less to do with Zimmerman than it has to do with the next person who is threatend by a young black thug. You take action at your peril. You might well find your actions that save your life then have that life taken from you by a government that objects to your fighting back against young black thugs.

Prosecutor blah blah...

Forum List

Back