"It's within policy for our officers to kick pregnant women in the stomach"

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Dekalb County Police: it's within policy for our officers to kick pregnant women in the stomach - Boing Boing

Well, apparently, that is a very dangerous place to live. At least as long as this particular officer is on duty.

Raven Dozie is the pregnant woman in question.

"What kind of a human being kicks a pregnant woman? I mean, forget whether or not it is a police officer that is supposedly protecting people," Dozier's attorney Mark Bullman said. Dozier filed a complaint with the DeKalb police department's internal affairs unit, but it was never investigated. Instead, four supervisors and an internal affairs detective signed off that Wheeler's use of force met policy. ... Fleischer filed an open records request and found two more use-of-force complaints against Wheeler within the last nine months. In all three cases, the victims were not the focus of the original police incident.

Wheeler was accused of twisting a 53 year-old woman's arm in 2011. This January, he shot a family's chained dog after showing up at the wrong home on a call.

Thanks be to all that's holy that he's not a loose cannon or anything.

She had to have an emergency c-section.

I'm not sure about this one.

She had to have an emergency c-section.....2 weeks later, and her baby is apparently healthy. The kick gave her a bruise, but there was actually nothing stating the kick did any other damage or that the c-section was required because of the kick. Sure, the article tries to lead you to that conclusion, but they don't actually say that.

The woman claims she was just asking a question, the officer claims she came at him aggressively.

He also claims the kick was a front kick, as much a push as a strike, as he was taught in the academy.

The officer further claims he didn't know she was pregnant.

So, yes, from the small article you linked, the officer sounds like a jackass who needs punishment, not pushing this under the rug. I'll wait for more facts and/or trial results before I form an opinion, though.

What a piece of shit! Some officers just don't deserve to be officers! He deserves to be behind bars!

Where is Sharpton, Jackson and the Black Panthers to help this poor white women who had her civil rights trampled on and whose perpatrator is protected by the police brotherhood? I mean civil rights are civil rights correct?

• Banned
Wheeler was accused of twisting a 53 year-old woman's arm in 2011. This January, he shot a family's chained dog after showing up at the wrong home on a call.

Am I the only one seeing a Really Bad Pattern here?

Forum List

Back