Zimmerman charged 2nd degree murder

He is not innocent. He put himself in a situation that got another innocent person killed, much like a drunk driver does. He will most likely face 2 to 5 years in prison, but not life. As for him being arrested, and no bond set, due to the race pimps stirring the shit, jail may be the safest place for him at this time.

He is innocent now under the law.
And every Judge since 1788 here charges the jury just that.

I don't care if he's innocent or not. The point I've been always made is that this has not been about George Zimmerman. It has simply been a way for Obama and his lap-dogs to sow racial divisions for an election.

2nd Degree murder requires the prosecutor to achieve a higher standard of proof than Manslaughter, thus the chance that Zimmerman will get a fair trial is better.

And if it goes to trial they jury will most likely get a charge of manslaughter as a lesser offense and go with that.

My bad if she's state. I must not have looked closely enough at the quick links. She's still caving to pressure though. She didn't want that mob and all the political witch hunters coming after her. Better him than me was her motto.

She is STATE; in Florida you can get 15 YEARS for Agg. Assault, minimum MANDATORY 3 years for possession of FOUR GRAMS of an opiate based painkiller not prescribed for you. FIFTEEN years min. mandatory for 14 grams or more. Say hello to the Criminal PUNISHMENT Code, rehabilitation is secondary to PUNISHMENT.

Very well said. Could not agree with you more.
$$$ needs to be spent on educationand rehab on drug cases.
Drugs are a HEALTH problem first and foremost. We waste so much $$ there.
Take it from me. War on Drugs is HUGE FAILURE.

Some prison services have been privatized, and Florida is building new ones at a fast clip...........

I am on my third CCW course. In this course, as well as the other two, the golden rule is to be where the trouble is NOT at all times. Stand your ground, make my day, as well as the castle doctrine is covered as well. Under the first two, Zimmerman would face 2nd degree murder in Texas, which is probably one of the most liberal states where shooting folks is concerned. The third does not apply. This case is discussed in the first hour of our class, and Zimmerman was considered wrong by all three instructors (two cops one judge) who teach the coarse. You are right in that there is no proof Zimmerman set about to kill him a black kid, but the fact that he was there, and his statements to the 911 operator prove the whole situation could have been avoided had he only done as he was trained in his CCW class. I will tell you like I told the other poster, I wont try and convince you because I wont do it. You have your opinion and I respect it. Zimmerman is no cold blooded killer, but he acted irresponsibly.

So after Martin had Zimmerman on the ground beating his head against the pavement, Zimmerman should have just taken his medicine in died instead of pulling his gun and shooting?

Zimmerman put himself there. No one put him there. It stinks to say it, but he was asking for it. He had no business following the guy on foot. He was advised not to, yet it sounds like he persisted. Laws like "stand your ground" and "make my day" are not excuses to shoot folks because you are stupid and cant handle it when you get an ass whipping for being that way.

Exactly! What George Zimmerman did was not lay down and take his beating like a white man. The difference between George Zimmerman and a tourist in Baltimore is that Zimmerman had a gun. White people are expected to take that ass whipping. They are't supposed to fight back. If Zimmerman had taken that kid down and pounded his head into the pavement, we'd be talking about child abuse right now for this 17 year old little angel.

She is STATE; in Florida you can get 15 YEARS for Agg. Assault, minimum MANDATORY 3 years for possession of FOUR GRAMS of an opiate based painkiller not prescribed for you. FIFTEEN years min. mandatory for 14 grams or more. Say hello to the Criminal PUNISHMENT Code, rehabilitation is secondary to PUNISHMENT.

Some prison services have been privatized, and Florida is building new ones at a fast clip...........

Same here but we just passed reform here big time.
See what Perry did in Texas. Makes sense.
Every time I work on a criminal case and I see where the case is on the calendar, how many jail cases are on that calendar where the defense attorney has filed a speedy trial motion I see at least 50% of ALL the cases are drug cases.
Such a waste of time and resources. Over 50% of ALL prisoners in prison are for non violent drug offenses.
Citizens should go see for themselevs. Every person I have ever known that has served jury duty except a few can not believe petty drug cases are prosecuted in the courts.

I don't care if he's innocent or not. The point I've been always made is that this has not been about George Zimmerman. It has simply been a way for Obama and his lap-dogs to sow racial divisions for an election.

2nd Degree murder requires the prosecutor to achieve a higher standard of proof than Manslaughter, thus the chance that Zimmerman will get a fair trial is better.

And if it goes to trial they jury will most likely get a charge of manslaughter as a lesser offense and go with that.

Considering the mess his life is in, and the time he will spend in jail waiting for and during the trial that would fit. This will take years.

Guilty or innocent, his life is destroyed. That is just as bad as trayvons death.

That is one of the reasons that I refuse to carry a loaded weapon. I know that it's a coin-flip I may have to use it. He's paying a price for carrying that thing. Course he didn't think it would be like this, but he is paying a price.

I guess his chance of being a cop is not so good now.

Guilty or innocent, his life is destroyed. That is just as bad as trayvons death.

No it's not. He's probably got a spot at FOX waiting for him.

No....you're confusing MSNBC with Fox News.

Only NBC hires assholes.

katzndogz is merely a racist whelp. Despicable.

When are we to expect indictments for The New Black Panther Party members for solicitation of murder?

How come they get a free ride and Holder does not start an investigation into them for civil rights violations?
Because the New Black Panther Party members LOOK LIKE HIM?

You have it ass backwards. THEY are the racist whelps.

Only NBC hires assholes.

Naw..your confused. FOX isn't news. It's right wing fascist propaganda from Saudi Arabia.

In any case..if Zimmerman changed parties and ran as a Republican..he'd probably get elected to something.

That is one of the reasons that I refuse to carry a loaded weapon. I know that it's a coin-flip I may have to use it. He's paying a price for carrying that thing. Course he didn't think it would be like this, but he is paying a price.

I guess his chance of being a cop is not so good now.

No its not good at all. Matter of fact, if he is convicted of anything at all he will be forbidden to posses or have access to firearms at all. CCW is very serious. Here, they advertise it here like its no big deal. I dont like that at all.

Every time I work on a criminal case and I see where the case is on the calendar, how many jail cases are on that calendar where the defense attorney has filed a speedy trial motion I see at least 50% of ALL the cases are drug cases.
Such a waste of time and resources. Over 50% of ALL prisoners in prison are for non violent drug offenses.
Citizens should go see for themselevs. Every person I have ever known that has served jury duty except a few can not believe petty drug cases are prosecuted in the courts.

How many of those drug defendants get some kind of alternative sentencing? If drugs were legalized, we could get rid of the costs associated with alternative sentencing. No more counseling, no more court ordered rehab. No more medical care. It's time to legalize drugs and keep these addicts on the street using. Until they die of course.

How many of those drug defendants get some kind of alternative sentencing? If drugs were legalized, we could get rid of the costs associated with alternative sentencing. No more counseling, no more court ordered rehab. No more medical care. It's time to legalize drugs and keep these addicts on the street using. Until they die of course.

How can you be all over America giving them the $$ to use, everywhere at the same place?
Wnat you propose causes the street crime as they need cash for the dope.
That never works, sound good but never works.
Education, prvention and rehab-not soft core Hollywood baby sitting rehab but tough rehab where if you do not do it you go the county work camp.
Orange suited street cowboys with a swing blade or picking up trash.

How can you be all over America giving them the $$ to use, everywhere at the same place?
Education, prvention and rehab-not soft core Hollywood baby sitting rehab but tough rehab where if you do not do it you go the county work camp.

Drug users need cash for MUCH more than buying dope. Drug users have every need to you have. They just don't have any money to fulfill those needs. They commit crimes to fulfill those needs. Like the two kids who murdered a pizza delivery man for a pizza and hot wings. They didn't kill him for drugs. They killed him for a pizza.

What you propose is to put people in work camps for nothing but taking drugs, which will be legal! Would you support that? This is what is done in China. After medical care efforts have been exhausted users are "sentenced" to a tough rehab at a forced labor camp for three years. Repeat as necessary. A forced labor camp is quite a good idea, but how likely is forced labor for a legal activity?

Drug users need cash for MUCH more than buying dope. Drug users have every need to you have. They just don't have any money to fulfill those needs. They commit crimes to fulfill those needs. Like the two kids who murdered a pizza delivery man for a pizza and hot wings. They didn't kill him for drugs. They killed him for a pizza.

What you propose is to put people in work camps for nothing but taking drugs, which will be legal! Would you support that? This is what is done in China. After medical care efforts have been exhausted users are "sentenced" to a tough rehab at a forced labor camp for three years. Repeat as necessary. A forced labor camp is quite a good idea, but how likely is forced labor for a legal activity?

Never said that. Put them in a day work camp for VIOLATION OF PROBATION.
Decriminalization of drugs is what I propose. We will have to deal with the addicts that represent a small % of drug users.
As of today how many millions are addicted to prescription dope that do not need it? Tens of millions and they represent the largest group of emergency room visits for overdoses by 10 to 1 over illegal drugs.
We can start dealing with them also. The addicts will be given time to clean up and if they don't then they are charged under the decrimianlzation laws, NOT for doing the drugs but for not complying with their rehab. Given probation for it and if there is another offense of probation violation off they go.
Works in European countries and use is down 20% there over the last 10years and dropping.

When are we to expect indictments for The New Black Panther Party members for solicitation of murder?

How come they get a free ride and Holder does not start an investigation into them for civil rights violations? Because the New Black Panther Party members LOOK LIKE HIM? You have it ass backwards. THEY are the racist whelps.

You are certainly not stupid, but you are sounding it. NBPP is racist, those neo-facists defending the shooting are racists.

I agree that something should done about the NBPP but in no way does that excuse anything the racist extremist right is up to.

Only NBC hires assholes.

Naw..your confused. FOX isn't news. It's right wing fascist propaganda from Saudi Arabia.

In any case..if Zimmerman changed parties and ran as a Republican..he'd probably get elected to something.

Right......I don't have time for your nonsense Swallow.

How come they get a free ride and Holder does not start an investigation into them for civil rights violations? Because the New Black Panther Party members LOOK LIKE HIM? You have it ass backwards. THEY are the racist whelps.

You are certainly not stupid, but you are sounding it. NBPP is racist, those neo-facists defending the shooting are racists.

I agree that something should done about the NBPP but in no way does that excuse anything the racist extremist right is up to.

If the evidence and facts are that Zimmerman was defending himself, and you and I both do not know what all of the facts and witness testimony will be in the case then Zimmerman is acting in self defense. That is a possibility. I have not ruled that out so why have you? Have you already convicted him? Is he already guilty in your mind?
So folks that are defending the shooting are doing so on their belief that he was defending themself how does that make them feel that their race is superior to another?
That is the definition of a racist. A racist is someone that feels their race is superior to another.
So possibly since you may believe Martin is not guilty of anything and you believe Zimmerman is because he was the shooter maybe there are those that believe you are a bigot for believing that.

I will accept the verdict of the jury.

You are trying to play one side while condemning the other. Screw you for that.

Grow up.

Forum List

Back