your ideal government?

REVxERIK

CLASSIC LIBERAL
Sep 2, 2009
Alot of people on this board do alot of criticizing of our government. This is not a bad thing really, it's good that people care about government activities.

Here's a question, what is your ideal government? how it works, who works it, etc. Put down your ideas and stuff. Or don't, it's a free country!

My personal opinion is that the system of government in the U.S. is the absolute worst system in the world - except for every other system in the world.

The only thing I would tweak is that I believe it is slightly too hard to ammend our constitution. I don't want the constitution to be subject to fickle whims, but I think it is just a bit too difficult right now.

Oh - and campaign finance reform.

My personal opinion is that the system of government in the U.S. is the absolute worst system in the world - except for every other system in the world.

The only thing I would tweak is that I believe it is slightly too hard to ammend our constitution. I don't want the constitution to be subject to fickle whims, but I think it is just a bit too difficult right now.

Oh - and campaign finance reform.

"the us sytem is the best piece of trash in the dumpster" haha

Yeah, it's messy sometimes and it certainly isn't perfect, but (imho) it's head and shoulders above anything else I see going on out there

Alot of people on this board do alot of criticizing of our government. This is not a bad thing really, it's good that people care about government activities.

Here's a question, what is your ideal government? how it works, who works it, etc. Put down your ideas and stuff. Or don't, it's a free country!

A very small government, commited to the defense of our nation.

A government that defends the nation and defends the constitution. A government for the people and by the people.

It may not be perfect, but in a mere 300 years, we have become the strongest. most prosperous, most generous AND most envied nation in the world.

In thousands of years, other nations couldnt come close.

Such is why I laughed at the fact that "change" was the mantra of the winner.

A benevelant dictatorship run by me, hell I can't do any worse than than last two. I pledge to have a witch doctor on every corner, a bicycle in every garage, Alpo on every dinner table and peace in the Middle East through 'glow in the dark glass mining'.

Methinks you confuse a hyper-affinity for bitching with actually giving a damn! :lol:

That said, my ideal government is by the people, for the people and of the people, and allows me do to pretty much as I damn well please so long as it doesn't unfairly infringe on someone elses ability to do as they please.

It's an irrelevant question. For example, all of these saying "the Constitution", that's the most subjective answer ever.

Great addition Polk....you are an asset to this forum.

Please.....elaborate.....

Let me help you.....

e⋅lab⋅o⋅rate  /adj. ɪˈlæbərɪt; v. ɪˈlæbəˌreɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [adj. i-lab-er-it; v. i-lab-uh-reyt] Show IPA adjective, verb, -rat⋅ed, -rat⋅ing.

–adjective 1. worked out with great care and nicety of detail; executed with great minuteness: elaborate preparations; elaborate care.
2. marked by intricate and often excessive detail; complicated.

–verb (used with object) 3. to work out carefully or minutely; develop to perfection.
4. to add details to; expand.
5. to produce or develop by labor.
6. Physiology. to convert (food, plasma, etc.) by means of chemical processes into a substance more suitable for use within the body.

–verb (used without object) 7. to add details in writing, speaking, etc.; give additional or fuller treatment (usually fol. by on or upon): to elaborate upon a theme or an idea.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.txt

Strict adherance to that document with little to no room for interpretations. That means it says EXACTLY what it means and nothing more.

It's an irrelevant question. For example, all of these saying "the Constitution", that's the most subjective answer ever.
Only to people who hold the words in that document as subjective and fungible.

Which of course, is virtually everyone.

I dont think the constitution is a living document, i think it has limitations on the governments power that are set in stone.

My ideal govt would be the smallest possible govt that you can realistically have.

Forum List

Back