your ideal government?

Alot of people on this board do alot of criticizing of our government. This is not a bad thing really, it's good that people care about government activities.

Here's a question, what is your ideal government? how it works, who works it, etc. Put down your ideas and stuff. Or don't, it's a free country!

As long as they adhere to the Constituion? Instead of usurping it since has been going on since the 1930's?

Of course? MOST people miss this because they haven't been TAUGHT properly of it, and I mean the Constitution.

Too bad you missed that caviat in your thread. As it stands? You've relegated your thread to alot of "Christmas Wishes" in my view.

My $.02

Well, I think I can speak for Republicans. I know what kind of government they want.

One that will declare this a "Christian Nation".

One that won't include blacks or gays.

One that will make science illegal.

One that believes torture is "good".

One that refuses to fund, properly equip, or give benefits to it's military.

One where the clergy is the "real" power.

One that likes war.

Did I get them all?

Well, I think I can speak for Republicans. I know what kind of government they want.

One that likes war.

Did I get them all?

Got a hold of some bad acid?

The ideal gov't would be a monarchy with limits on its power. It would also insure that the monarch would be an educated enlightened selfless person.
Since that's pretty well impossible, I vote for the U.S. Constitution as originally enacted, with voting qualifications in every state.

The foundations of the United States government are magnificently solid. We have a wonderful system. We've also kind of botched it up over the last two hundred years. An ideal government believes that people make the best decisions for themselves rather than believing government needs to save us from ourselves. An ideal government has a congressional system without parties or affiliations that divisively shift the focus away from the actual needs of the country. An ideal government taxes as lightly as possible so it doesn't become a burden to its people. An ideal government is ready for battle but hates war. Just to name a few...

Alot of people on this board do alot of criticizing of our government. This is not a bad thing really, it's good that people care about government activities.

Here's a question, what is your ideal government? how it works, who works it, etc. Put down your ideas and stuff. Or don't, it's a free country!
Here's a damn good start. Of course it really has nothing to do with gooberment.
The "FED" has nothing to do with the US of fallen Empires utterly useless government..

Fed plans to approve banking salaries: report - Yahoo! Canada Finance

My ideal Federal Government would be one that fits the following:

Provides for the common defense (national security)

Provides for the preservation of public peace, as well against internal convulsions as external attacks.

Provides for the regulation of commerce with other nations and between states.

Provides for the superintendent of our intercourse, political and commercial, with foreign countries (foreign affairs).

Does not waste the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Recognizes that it was formed to protect the individual rights of its citizens.

Allows the States to control all the objects which in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives and liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement and prosperity of the State.

Recognizes that rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others, and not within the limits of the law because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

In other words my ideal government would be the Constitutional Republic as established by our Founding Fathers, not the one it has morphed into over the years through interpretation.

You know----

The Founding Fathers added the ammendment process just in case we began to differ from their ideals. I think that was the most brillant act of the founding fathers regarding the constitution itself. It was an implied admission that they may not be correct on all matters concerning the republic.

Provides for the preservation of public peace, as well against internal convulsions as external attacks.

Provides for the superintendent of our intercourse, political and commercial, with foreign countries (foreign affairs).

Does not waste the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Allows the States to control all the objects which in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives and liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement and prosperity of the State.

Recognizes that rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others, and not within the limits of the law because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

In other words my ideal government would be the Constitutional Republic as established by our Founding Fathers, not the one it has morphed into over the years through interpretation.

You know----

The Founding Fathers added the amendment process just in case we began to differ from their ideals. I think that was the most brillant act of the founding fathers regarding the constitution itself. It was an implied admission that they may not be correct on all matters concerning the republic.

True, just as the Constitution, as a written document, means the same today as it did when written, and can only be changed through the amendment process, not through interpretation.

The very fact that our Constitution has been amended a total of 27 times shows that amendment is the correct process of altering our Constitution, not by the process of interpretation, in spite of what some people believe.

You know----

The Founding Fathers added the ammendment process just in case we began to differ from their ideals. I think that was the most brillant act of the founding fathers regarding the constitution itself. It was an implied admission that they may not be correct on all matters concerning the republic.
Exactly. And the Fouders wrote it that way to make if difficult on purpose. How many Amendments have been added since the original document was ratified? Not that many.

The ideal gov't would be a monarchy with limits on its power. ....

I've got something for you...

noose2.jpg
\

Death to all torries

Personally, I advocate a form of decentralized social democracy. My criticism of [some forms of socalism] as bureaucratic collectivism is much like the criticisms of the CCCP by Shachtman. If there is a group to manage the system,such a system simply creates a new ruling class, resolving nothing. If it is left to direct democracy, it can function only with the smallest and most homogeneous groups.What is left, then? Representative democracy? If the system is homogeneous and small enough for the system to work in the first place, it will remain, in reality, a direct democracy with a few extra titles. If it is large and homogeneous enough for representative democracy, then it is too large and heterogeneous for your warehouse system to work.

The solution lies in a number of towns, cities, communes, etc that govern themselves as they will and a confederation of these societies into States with yet looser bonds uniting what councils or congresses they might elect to to coordinate major efforts and decisions among the united parties. Now, this necessitates that each party have control not only of its own affairs but of the land where it resides. This necessitates recognized borders to prevent conflict over resources.

What we have created is a (con/)federated set of nations, states, counties, and cities and towns in which local government is strongest ans the common governance is given supremacy is a few specified areas. Necessarily, the conditions and terms of these arrangements must be recorded and binding- this necessitates written constitutions. To protect the rights of humanity, this constitution must focus upon protection of individual rights.

In form, it is not unlike what the FF envisioned. The key difference is the spirit of cooperation and of empathy- social safety nets for the sick and injured,for instance. Indeed, the form has been seen before in the United States some time before Lincoln and Texas v. White. The abuses of the day, like those we see now, and the indifference that has been with us all this time come not from a failure of form but of spirit, from a failure to achieve the necessary changes in the heart of Man. Indeed, progress was made rise of first bourgeois liberalism and the of later ideologue and concepts expanding upon social liberalism, but there remains much to be done and I'm not convinced it will occur, if ever, in our lifetime.

Until then, we can only effect our spheres of influence as best we can, reform and improve the systems we are able to form and maintain, and work to show the way to the rest of humanity in the hopes that, as a species, Man will walk the path to peace and prosperity.

Last edited:

One that likes war.

Did I get them all?

I think you beat TM in today's Most Ridiculous Post.

Forum List

Back