Young Sheldon

Tonight's show was good, but it leaves me with a question that I have wondered before. Why does the preacher allow smoking to be done at the church?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Because it was back in the late 70's/early 80's. Everyone smoked back then.
Actually the show is supposed to currently take place in the year 1990.

^^^ You may have misunderstood me or I might be misunderstanding you. Did Sheldon know how upset his dad was before Sheldon started gloating?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Are you sure you watch the same show? Sheldon does not know how to pick up on other people's emotions and he gloats over being better than others all the time. That's why he gets beat up a lot.
Sheldon showed some consideration when asking his mom again if she could take him to Radio Shack not long after she learned about her friend's daughter being killed in a car accident. I love how he asked her if she had gotten any bad news.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

Tonight's show was good, but it leaves me with a question that I have wondered before. Why does the preacher allow smoking to be done at the church?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Because it was back in the late 70's/early 80's. Everyone smoked back then.
Actually the show is supposed to currently take place in the year 1990.

^^^ You may have misunderstood me or I might be misunderstanding you. Did Sheldon know how upset his dad was before Sheldon started gloating?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Are you sure you watch the same show? Sheldon does not know how to pick up on other people's emotions and he gloats over being better than others all the time. That's why he gets beat up a lot.
Sheldon showed some consideration when asking his mom again if she could take him to Radio Shack not long after she learned about her friend's daughter being killed in a car accident. I love how he asked her if she had gotten any bad news.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

Actually, according to the site, it takes place in 1989. And yeah, smoking was still pretty big in this country back then.

1989 was the year the show started in and so of course with it being in its second season now, the current timeline is one year later. Sheldon said yesterday at one point that he is ten, but I think that his and Missy's 11th birthday is to be sometime this month.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I wish that Mr. Cooper had gotten onto Mrs. Cooper during tonight's episode when she only started crying harder after he reminded her that Missy and George Jr. were still around.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Tonight's show was awesome! What made Sheldon's competitor think that he wouldn't fight back once she showed him how the game was played?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Only seen a few minutes of it a few times; I like the character actors who play his Grandma, her boyfriend, and his mother. Not a regular viewer of it nor BBT though.

You know, I liked the way Missy did her part. She got all the dirt on Sheldon's opponent, but gave it to him on a folded piece of paper, so it was up to Sheldon as to whether or not he played dirty.

And, it was also good to see that Sheldon never looked at the paper, until AFTER she had started slinging mud at him.

And yeah....................the only thing worse than a smart atheist in Texas is a Yankee.

Tonight's episode was awesome although I think that Veronica should've told George Jr. about her dream.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I also think that he should've been the one who took the swing at her mother's boyfriend.

P.S. I also think that he should've been the one who took the swing at her mother's boyfriend.

That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Having the big brother take a swing at a full grown adult that outweighs him by at least 50 lbs? I think not. Besides, you could see that Georgie wanted to do something, but he knew he would get creamed. But, when the dude grabbed him, then the dad came into it, and he was bigger than the boyfriend.

I liked the last line of the episode, when he told Mary to call the cops because there was a bum "sleeping" on their porch.

I knew then that he knocked the boyfriend clean out.

Wonder if that is going to come up again in next weeks episode? I mean, what if the boyfriend presses charges?

^^^ If that jerk were to press charges, I don't believe that he would have a leg to stand on when he came to the door of another person's house uninvited and demanded that someone he has no authority over to come home. If its true that he is no stranger to the booze, there is a good chance that the cops already know who he is and will not go on anything that he spews to them about Mr. Cooper.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I think that Georgie could've taken the guy. If he had taken a swing at him, he would've had every right to because like I already said, the jerk came to the Coopers' door uninvited and did nothing but demand that Veronica come when he has no right to tell her to do anything.

Tonight's show was awesome! My only question is would there have been an apology out of MeMaw still had that money not come her way?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

George Jr. was my favorite part of tonight's show. I was glad to hear that he is still working at that store.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The way that the show ended was sweet. You don't have to be a Big Bang Theory viewer in order to know what was happening there.

The season three opener was so good tonight! Even though I hate when Sheldon questions the Lord's existence, I get why he went in that direction. His mother couldn't be anymore in sheer and severe need of a chill pill!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I love Georgie and I hope that Dr. Stirgis. eventually finds out about what Dr. Link Letter said to MeMaw in the season two closer.

After seeing tonight's show, my question is how much longer does Sheldon remain in high school before becoming a full time college student? Him and Georgie are both in their junior year of high school now.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ If what I said is considered spoiler content, I am floored. Once you see what happens, hopefully you'll know why I am wondering about how much longer Sheldon remains in high school.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, the only thing that Mr. Cooper does wrong is not report Sheldon AND his teachers to the principal. Missy and the preacher are the best parts of the episode in my opinion and normally they are not my most favorite characters.

Last night's show was good! Is George Jr. ever going to find out that Veronica dreams about kissing him?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back