Young Sheldon

I saw last night's show. I hope this is the last that we see of that Paige girl. She knows that she gets on Sheldon's nerves and she loves it!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I saw last night's show and my most favorite part was seeing that wink come from George Jr. when him and Mr. Cooper were at the body shop. :) :) :)

God bless you and Montana (George Jr.) always!!!

Holly

P.S. I don't blame him for picking his new job over football practice by the way. If he isn't going to be given a fair share of playing time, what's the point in remaining in such a picture?

I saw last night's show and my most favorite part was seeing that wink come from George Jr. when him and Mr. Cooper were at the body shop. :) :) :)

God bless you and Montana (George Jr.) always!!!

Holly

P.S. I don't blame him for picking his new job over football practice by the way. If he isn't going to be given a fair share of playing time, what's the point in remaining in such a picture?

Guess you missed the part where his father said that he had to earn his time on the field. What exactly do you consider "a fair share of playing time"? I know that my coaches in high school wouldn't give me a fair share of playing time, because they told me if I wanted varsity, I had to earn it and show I was the best person for that position on the team.

^^^ What if George Jr. is already giving it all that he has and still comes up short? I heard him talk about how much he must not weigh compared to the other players and so why should he be banished to the bench for not being as big or as good as the other players?

God bless you and those in real life who are like him always!!!

Holly

^^^ What if George Jr. is already giving it all that he has and still comes up short? I heard him talk about how much he must not weigh compared to the other players and so why should he be banished to the bench for not being as big or as good as the other players?

God bless you and those in real life who are like him always!!!

Holly

Size doesn't matter as much as some might think. I knew several people in HS (Tim H., PJ O'), who maybe weighed in at around 130, but were strong, fast, and fearless, which is why they played football on the varsity and were good at it. Sorry, but if you are a coach, your job is to win games, not make sure everyone feels good about getting enough play time, which means you put your best and brightest out there, leaving the others for standby players to give the first string a rest, or they are JV players.

Guess you never played much sports in HS, did you? The goal isn't to make people feel good about going out for the sport, the goal is to win as many games as possible.

And, while I feel bad for Georgie not being able to play, I also think he needs to understand how the world works, and that the best people get the most time in sports.

But, I also applaud him for sticking to his guns and becoming a mechanic, as well as the fact that he was able to get his father to finally understand why mechanics and tires were so important to him.

But no...........................if you aren't big enough or good enough, you need to get bigger and better if you expect to play varsity. I know I had to spend many summers getting into shape before the fall season came around, otherwise I would have been on the JV teams.

^^^ I will admit that I never did any sports when I was in school, but I do remember a big stink that took place once while I was in junior high. During my 7th and 8th grade year, the lead role in the school play was given to the same person both times. I never tried out for any of the plays, but I do remember that those who did try out got mad about that leading role being given to the same person. To me, they have a point. Next Wednesday is the CMA awards and Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood have been hosting that show ever since 2008. I love Brad, but I am ready for someone else to be standing next to him if he is going to continue being the show host. In my opinion, other people should be allowed to have a turn at hosting, especially if the winners of the awards themselves are not going to change. How many more times will Little Big Town get the Group Of The Year award when they haven't had a big song since two years ago?

God bless you and them and Brad always!!!

Holly

Hate to tell you, but sports is based on something much more than what a host for some idiot awards show. Not only do you need the ability to work as a team, but you also need strength, endurance, good reflexes, as well as a good understanding and mastery of the sport or game in question.

It's NOTHING like hosting an awards show, or getting the lead in a play. Most of that is based on popularity, not ability.

^^^ If you don't have the ability to give a good performance, then there won't be any role in any play for you, lead, supporting, or even as an extra.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I saw last night's show and to me, the job offer should've been taken if it was going to mean better money compared to what was already coming in.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I saw last night's show and to me, the job offer should've been taken if it was going to mean better money compared to what was already coming in.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

So....................you place money over family in your life priorities? Granted, there was more money to be had, but it came at a huge cost.

Grandmaw wouldn't be able to see her grandkids as often, and apparently, she's got a pretty good relationship with all of them, but Sheldon seems to benefit a great deal from her.

The mom would miss out on all her church duties (which she loves since she got the job), as well as would have to leave all the friends she has at her church.

The kids wouldn't like it much, apparently from their reactions.

And finally, when George was sitting in the office of the head coach, the head coach was making cracks about Texas. George then asked him if he wasn't from Houston originally, and the head coach said "yeah, but don't let it get out, I'm trying to fit in here". It was at that time that George realized he would have to compromise who he was as a person just to fit in with the guys in OK.

And yeah...................it's a fact..................Texans have little to no regard for those from Oklahoma.

Sorry, but I come at it from a different point of view. Because of the circumstances of my life, I had moved over 10 different times by the time I was 18, and I moved every 3 to 4 years after that for the next 20 years.

Now? I've set down roots, and have lived in the same place for the past 13 or so years, and I absolutely love it. I know my neighbors, have some history with them, and now can say "isn't that the old -------- place? I remember when...............".

And, if someone offered me more money to go work somewhere else, I'd have to think long and hard about that, because I like having roots and history. I don't prize money over my life priorities.

^^^ You have nothing to apologize for. You've made plenty of good points. What I have always wondered though is how Mr. Cooper's current job has been enough to take care of a family of five especially before Mrs. Cooper went to work at the church which you know doesn't bring in that much.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ You have nothing to apologize for. You've made plenty of good points. What I have always wondered though is how Mr. Cooper's current job has been enough to take care of a family of five especially before Mrs. Cooper went to work at the church which you know doesn't bring in that much.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

None of the kids are starving, and there is enough money to get Sheldon and the kids some nice extras once in a while, so no, they are doing okay.

Like I said, those that prioritize money over family and loved ones have got it all wrong. People have often asked how much money does one need, and the answer that I have figured out for myself is "lagniappe", which means "enough, and a little extra". I have enough money to have cable, a full fridge, a couple of extras on occasion and can eat out once a week if I choose, with enough for a get out of town weekend a couple of times a year.

Do I need more? Not really, I'm doing okay. Do I want more? Not if it cuts into the time that I have carved out for my various hobbies.

^^^ I second what you say. I just hated the selfish attitude that Mrs. Cooper had. What I loved about Mr. Cooper was him asking the kids about their thoughts on moving before he went to go checkout where their new residence would've been. My dad most definitely never did that.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What you said earlier about Mr. Cooper having to compromise who he is as a person just to fit in if the move had happened, that I do not get. What would've had to change exactly? There are plenty of people in my area who do not cheer for the football team here which of course is the UT college football team. If the Oklahoma people didn't like Mr. C. cheering for something in Texas, that would only be their problem.

^^^ I second what you say. I just hated the selfish attitude that Mrs. Cooper had. What I loved about Mr. Cooper was him asking the kids about their thoughts on moving before he went to go checkout where their new residence would've been. My dad most definitely never did that.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What you said earlier about Mr. Cooper having to compromise who he is as a person just to fit in if the move had happened, that I do not get. What would've had to change exactly? There are plenty of people in my area who do not cheer for the football team here which of course is the UT college football team. If the Oklahoma people didn't like Mr. C. cheering for something in Texas, that would only be their problem.

You're not too good at reading cues, are you? Sheldon's mother was more honest in her response to moving, because she didn't want to do it. Sheldon's father was interested in finding out what his kids thought, because at first, he was all for moving. But.................he wasn't interested in the kids true feelings, because when the kids responded with a half hearted yes, that is all he needed and he didn't go any further.

What did I mean that Mr. Cooper had to compromise who he was? Again, Texans have a very low regard for those from OK. If he went there, he would have to stop telling Okie jokes (and yes, Texans tell them all the time), as well as swallow his pride in being a Texan and start rooting for OK. And, a Texan rooting for OK, is like an American rooting for Hitler. It just doesn't happen, which is why I said that Mr. Cooper would have had to become a sell out.

^^^ Maybe I don't understand certain things because I've never been a resident of either state of even all that big of a sports fan in the first place. All that I do know is that I was never once asked about my feelings first before having to pack up and leave the two times that I have had to relocate in my life.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ Maybe I don't understand certain things because I've never been a resident of either state of even all that big of a sports fan in the first place. All that I do know is that I was never once asked about my feelings first before having to pack up and leave the two times that I have had to relocate in my life.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The only time in my life that I relocated by choice was when I ran away from a foster family to go back and live with my Grandparents.

Every other time? It was decided for me by circumstances and adults, or by the Navy.

I like Young Sheldon. Sometimes when you're watching the Big Bang Theory, Sheldon will tell a small story about why he acts the way he does, from being scared of birds to why he loves comic books.

Young Sheldon takes those 2 min stories and puts them in a half hour show.

The writing is brilliant, and the show is pretty funny. I like it!
The Big Bang Theory is my favorite active show.
I liked Grimm and Parks & Recreation, but they're kaput now...
I watch them all on Blue Ray or Firestick.

Wow.................as long as we don't talk politics, we seem to agree on a lot.

I really enjoyed Grimm. Also like Supernatural (well, did until they started to get a bit weird with all the other dimensions), and my current favorites on television at night are The Good Doctor and Lethal Weapon.

The writers on Lethal Weapon do a really good job of keeping the story snappy and the comedy funny.
Okay, that made Me laugh. I don't have cable so I don't get any current TV shows, though I think that I can stream some of them through other sources.

I have never watched the Big Bang Theory show, but I have seen some of this show which of course is about one of the BBT characters during his child hood and to me, Iain (Sheldon) couldn't be anymore precious. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I've glanced at Young Sheldon, but in the final analysis realize it is only a spin off of TBBT, which itself is now in its 10th-11th season a mere shell of how it started originally only being milked for its last dollars with Young Sheldon, whatever charms it might have, being only there to try to bleed a few more dollars off TBBT's success.

The really odd thing is how the show started out with John Galecki as the central star but ended up only one of the straight men for unknown Jim Parsons who was the real talent. Sadly, what made his character great has now largely been lost as well.

Again, Texans have a very low regard for those from OK. If he went there, he would have to stop telling Okie jokes (and yes, Texans tell them all the time), as well as swallow his pride in being a Texan and start rooting for OK. And, a Texan rooting for OK, is like an American rooting for Hitler. It just doesn't happen, which is why I said that Mr. Cooper would have had to become a sell out.
I grew up just north of the Red River in the great state of Oklahoma.

We looked down on Texan's and made jokes about them all the time.

Because every time we flushed the toilet it flowed down hill into Texas ...:cool:

Forum List

Back