You know....it is possible to be for/against one thing and not be a traitor.

Anytime you let the government take something from you, they will use that in the future to take more. Our founders understood this. They never wanted the government to be more powerful than the people, not in an authoritative way or in a firepower way.

The STUPIDEST thing one can do is to relinquish ANY of their rights to government. That is . . . so retarded. Lol.

What rights are you speaking of?

I said "any" of them which would mean ANY rights.

I thought you were answering the OP...nevermind

I am addressing the OP. If you think it is "okay" for the government to dictate what you can or cannot have based on the actions of a lunatic, then I think that is foolish and leads to just more "bans" and one day perhaps something you do like would be banned because somebody somewhere thinks it's "bad."

The STUPIDEST thing one can do is to relinquish ANY of their rights to government. That is . . . so retarded. Lol.

I am addressing the OP. If you think it is "okay" for the government to dictate what you can or cannot have based on the actions of a lunatic, then I think that is foolish and leads to just more "bans" and one day perhaps something you do like would be banned because somebody somewhere thinks it's "bad."

Perhaps you do not know what a bump stock is...it is a device that essentially turns a semi-automatic rifle into an automatic rifle. Which is already banned in every state.
A bump stock is a device with only one purpose - to circumvent the existing law. It has been tried to outlaw, but due to the reasons in my OP - it remains "legal" because it technically is still a semi rifle.

I truly hate the division that exist in this country. Neither side is any better or worse than the other.
And one of the things that urks me is the "all or nothing" mentality. If you are on Side A - you must be for everything that side A conceivably favors and against 100% anything that could even be construed as a Side B opinion.

And today there are two examples.
Bump stocks and High capacity magazines.
I am no gun banner...I have a 12 gauge security shot gun right beside my bed. And that is not the only gun I have. I am totally against banning guns.
But then there is just common sense. But what prevents common sense, is the notion that if you don't like ANYTHING that sounds like Side B would favor it - you must be against it. And that is just stupid.
There is absolutely no conceivable reason to have a bump stock other than delivering a mass amount of ammunition very quickly. It is absolutely no good in a tactical situation. It actually makes you less likely to defend yourself since it greatly impairs your ability to hold a target. The only good it can do is deliver a spray of bullets indiscriminately. And that is not a good thing.

Flame away.
Welcome to the club. I seemingly switch sides every other hour depending on which nut you talk to.

"people dont need that"
Then people dont need 4 houses
a family of 4 doesnt need 7 vehicles
cars shouldnt go over 70
people dont need 4 fourwheelers
people dotn need <insert just about anything>
I get the argument, but it can easily die...

Perhaps you do not know what a bump stock is...it is a device that essentially turns a semi-automatic rifle into an automatic rifle. Which is already banned in every state.
A bump stock is a device with only one purpose - to circumvent the existing law. It has been tried to outlaw, but due to the reasons in my OP - it remains "legal" because it technically is still a semi rifle.
no, because it technically is a semi auto rifle with a device that simulates automatic gun fire. Even with it attached, it STILL doesnt meet the criteria of the legislated definition of "machine gun"

??? You are just supporting what I said in my post. I said that I am against the banning of these types of things which also would mean making them illegal. If you haven't killed anyone or committed any crimes, then why should these things be off limits to you? Maybe you find them fun to shoot or something?

We don't NEED the government (of all the EVIL things!) telling us what we can and cannot own if we haven't done anything wrong. That is not true freedom. Basically, that is saying that we need the government to step in and tell us that we can't be trusted with certain "tools" because some freakazoid had a freak episode and killed a bunch of people. Well, you can do that with a hammer too, maybe not as many people, but you can still kill people with one if you freak out and have one handy!

We don't NEED the government (of all the EVIL things!) telling us what we can and cannot own if we haven't done anything wrong. That is not true freedom. Basically, that is saying that we need the government to step in and tell us that we can't be trusted with certain "tools" because some freakazoid had a freak episode and killed a bunch of people. Well, you can do that with a hammer too, maybe not as many people, but you can still kill people with one if you freak out and have one handy!

So citizens should be allowed to have hand grenades or anti-aircraft guns or heck why not tanks?
Why limit anything? Why have speeding limits?
Why is it illegal to shoot guns in city limits? If I practice safe shooting...why can't I do it on my property next to a school...doesn't make sense.

Even the NRA is for banning bump stocks now. And some people on here are still against it...

Forum List

Back