You can't make this stuff up.... a TV series based off the movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith"

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Hollywood will stop at nothing to regurgitate and retread anything they can think of.
And now - they have retread the this one.

Only now - the Mrs. is Asian, and the Mr. is black.

:lol:

th

:laughing0301:

Hollywood will stop at nothing to regurgitate and retread anything they can think of.

I gave up on Whorywood a looooong time ago.

They are fictional characters. Why do you care what skin tone the actors have? Nevermind. i know why you care.

They are fictional characters. Why do you care what skin tone the actors have? Nevermind. i know why you care.
In this case you are right the characters were assassins and spies it really doesnt matter what color they are or were. In the case of some other examples it matters, take Snow white for example, the story was clear she was a white woman. It is IN her name for shits sake.

the first episode makes it clear that the roles of man and woman under the names "john and jane smith" are changeable. There are many iterations of the pair, all with the same name.

I watched the first 2 episodes. Moments were very good but it was also drawn out and a bit quieter than I expected. It does achieve the frenetic pace of the movie but in short bursts and then it settles into the more tense and character-based scenes.

I like Donald Glover (he's a steely eyed missile man) I'll give it a go...

For the record, I don't think the Amazon series is a remake of the movie, but rather a reboot of the 1996 TV series with Scott Bakula...

In fact, from the IMDb page for the Amazon series, under "Connections:"

Remake of Mr. & Mrs. Smith (1996)

For the sake of transparency, that section also lists the 2005 movie and the 2007 television movie (which I believe was a pilot for a possible TV series) as being connected. Both of these, however, have the characters employed as assassins whereas they are spies in the 1996 and 2024 version. So I wouldn't necessarily consider them connected...

None of these have any connection to the 1941 Mr. & Mrs. Smith with Carole Lombard and Robert Montgomery...

Was not a great fan if the film. Nit a fan of whats her face. No desire to see this either

Forum List

Back