Yet another turn in the Zimmerman/Martin Case!

Or full of FEAR that a pale faced, skin headed, gun toting person was chasing after him. Face it Zimmerman looks like a skinhead and Martin had every right to fear for his life and stand his ground.

Zimmerman looks like a skinhead! Pale!

Oh my my my.

Whose photo are you looking at?

It is highly likely that Martin had no idea Zimmerman was gun toting. Otherwise he wouldn't have attacked.
Zimmerman claimed Martin tried to take away his gun. How could Martin try to disarm Zimmerman if he didn't know he had a gun?????
His gun was at his waist and his jacket was wide opened as he chased Martin. It is much more highly likely that Zimmerman's gun was in plain sight.

It was also dark. Gun at waist, with a jacket.... quite likely he didn't see it until they were fighting... then, maybe, he went for it. Who knows? I don't.... you don't either... but that doesn't seem to stop you from thinking you do.

reverend al says he's guilty, even congress said he was hunted down with the hoodie on.

what else do we need ??

how about a real trial instead of a "witchhunt" ;)

Which never would have happened if it wasn't for Al Sharpton.

:eusa_eh:

I'm not sure I follow.....Al Sharpton sounds like he has already convicted Zimmerman as guilty "No Justice, No Peace"

Just listen to him in this video (first 2 minutes should show my point), he has alraeady convicted zimmerman, he is one of those on a Witchhunt.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSX1hYRjeNM]WFTV9: Reverend Al Sharpton & Trayvon Martins' Parents Speak at Fort Mellon Park Rally 3/22/12 - YouTube[/ame]

how about a real trial instead of a "witchhunt" ;)

How about we just stick to the fucking process, regardless of the outcome?

exactly.....dead kid, gun used to kill him, dude who admits to doing it in self defense...time for a courtroom.

That's not the process. The process says investigate, gather evidence - IF the evidence warrants a GJ... convene one... then we talk about trials. That is our process. Flawed though it is sometimes, it is what it is. What we don't do.... we don't try people in the media.... we don't rely on the media to present the 'facts'... and it appears that is a wise thing given the lies spread by NBC to create a 'race' issue... and the use of old images to make Martin look like some little boy and Zimmerman like a convicted criminal.... we don't do an American Idol vote for guilt or innocence.

Somebody on Something Awful offered this:
Again, the "damning" shot of the head injury, is so high-quality, that it also reveals that the officer with a notepad has lost his right eye and most of his right ear, appears to have suffered severe burns, and is cel-shaded.

It also reveals, on Zimmerman, the red "neck halo" you can see just off the collar of his jacket. The NRA has stated that the neck halo only happens after a just killing by CCW permit holder.

===================
:lol:
Are those burns on the cop's face or is that blood? It's so hard to tell.

How about we just stick to the fucking process, regardless of the outcome?

exactly.....dead kid, gun used to kill him, dude who admits to doing it in self defense...time for a courtroom.

That's not the process. The process says investigate, gather evidence - IF the evidence warrants a GJ... convene one... then we talk about trials. That is our process. Flawed though it is sometimes, it is what it is. What we don't do.... we don't try people in the media.... we don't rely on the media to present the 'facts'... and it appears that is a wise thing given the lies spread by NBC to create a 'race' issue... and the use of old images to make Martin look like some little boy and Zimmerman like a convicted criminal.... we don't do an American Idol vote for guilt or innocence.

They have the following

1) Dead Body
2) weapon used to kill dead body
3) Person who used weapon on record saying it was done so in self defense

That isn't enough evidence to have a court decide if it was self defense or not? What else is needed?

And I'm not sure why you are throwing all that into your response to me, it doesn't really fit into what I am calling for or saying, my position is very simple and has been laid out over and over.

They have the following

1) Dead Body

That isn't enough evidence to have a court decide if it was self defense or not? What else is needed?

And I'm not sure why you are throwing all that into your response to me, it doesn't really fit into what I am calling for or saying, my position is very simple and has been laid out over and over.
And,

4) The statute in Florida where a presumption that he was in fear is given.
5) Corroborating witness statements.

DAs make calls whether to take cases to the grand jury or not all the time and they don't whenever there is little chance to win. Going to trial before there is enough evidence will rule out any possible conviction in the future. And, going to trial when there is little chance to win is prosecutorial abuse, a rules violation.

That's part of the process, as well.

They have the following

1) Dead Body

And the person who used the weapon saying it was self defense. What if that's all there is? What if it really was self defense? People are on record on this forum as saying they want him in prison... some say he should get the DP.... and we haven't even bothered to find him guilty. We have the NBPs issuing a reward for his capture 'dead or alive'... and there isn't even an arrest warrant out on the man. We have the media providing dishonest edited versions of 911 tapes.... what kind of fucking country is this? Is it one of laws or one of trial by media?

The Justice Dept. and the FBI are involved now. Dont you think he would have been arrested by now if they had a case, also you got NBC backing off and crawling back into thier hole.

They have the following

1) Dead Body

And,

DAs make calls whether to take cases to the grand jury or not all the time and they don't whenever there is little chance to win. Going to trial before there is enough evidence will rule out any possible conviction in the future. And, going to trial when there is little chance to win is prosecutorial abuse, a rules violation.

Yes but as part of the process is it the courts or the police that decide that Zimmerman was in fear or not, do the police get to be the judge in that instance under the law? Honest question.

They have evidence (Body, Weapon, Admission of person who ended the life). I just don't think the law allows for the police to make the judgement call if it was self defense/stand your ground or not, that is the role of the judiciary.

They have the following

1) Dead Body

And,

Yes but as part of the process is it the courts or the police that decide that Zimmerman was in fear or not, do the police get to be the judge in that instance under the law? Honest question.

They have evidence (Body, Weapon, Admission of person who ended the life). I just don't think the law allows for the police to make the judgement call if it was self defense/stand your ground or not, that is the role of the judiciary.

Not the police... the State.

They have the following

1) Dead Body

And the person who used the weapon saying it was self defense. What if that's all there is? What if it really was self defense? People are on record on this forum as saying they want him in prison... some say he should get the DP.... and we haven't even bothered to find him guilty. We have the NBPs issuing a reward for his capture 'dead or alive'... and there isn't even an arrest warrant out on the man. We have the media providing dishonest edited versions of 911 tapes.... what kind of fucking country is this? Is it one of laws or one of trial by media?

Yes I said that

If that is all there is then Zimmeman would be found innocent under the evidence they have. That is fine with me as long as it is the court and not you, me, the police, the media, or Al Sharpton making that call.

I never said I thought he should go to prison, i came out against the "murder for hire" move by the black panthers, and I haven't taken any media accounts as complete fact....this is why I'm saying we need a trial in the court and not the media.

I'm not sure why you seem to disagree with that assesment still. Help me out.

They have the following

1) Dead Body

And,

And, part of the process is what leads up to an actual trial.

As I described.

And that pretrial process involves a lot of persons who are not judges.

Why would the police presume Zimmerman was NOT in fear, even though he said he was AND the witness statements corroborate it, AND they say he has injuries?

Last edited:
And,

Not the police... the State.

Ok. We agree there.....lets continue and find the place we are splitting.

Last edited:
And,

As I described.

Why would the police presume Zimmerman was NOT in fear, even though he said he was AND the witness statements corroborate it, AND they say he has injuries?

I don't think the police should assume one way or the other. They should just process and leave that up to the judiciary.

It doesn't matter what the cops *think* IF THERE'S NO EVIDENCE to justify an arrest.

Cops *think* things all the time...and they get in serious trouble if they act on their thoughts and feelings without having the evidence to support their actions.

Just because a cop *thinks* someone is guilty of a crime, if there's no evidence of that crime, they don't get to arrest. DAs are not keen to go in front of a judge and say "well we don't really have any evidence but Officer Dumbfuck over there has a real strong feeling that things aren't what they seem."

As I described.

I don't think the police should assume one way or the other. They should just process and leave that up to the judiciary.
The police DID! They sent it to the DA. The DA chose not to pursue it further, likely for the reasons I stated.

And my bet is that the new DA will do the same.

I'm a little disturbed that the majority of people posting on this site seem to have a really limited understanding of how law enforcement and our legal system work.

Forum List

Back