Yet another child dies at the jaws of pitbulls

The statistics are there for your consideration when choosing a home pet, folks.

Ignore them at your own risk.

They are quite telling about how dangerous this breed is (statistically speaking)

The statistics are there for your consideration when choosing a home pet, folks.

They are quite telling about how dangerous this breed is (statistically speaking)

Attacks by all breeds September 1982 to November 13, 2006
2209 dog attacks ~ 1110 by Pit bulls and 409 by Rottweilers = 1519 (69%)
1142 dog attacks on children ~ 495 by Pit bulls and 231 by Rottweilers = 726 (64%)
658 dog attacks on adults ~ 397 by Pit bulls and 109 by Rottweilers = 506 (77%)
264 dog attacks that caused a human DEATH ~ 104 by Pit bulls and 58 by Rottweilers = 162 (61%)
1323 dog attacks that caused a human MAIMING ~ 608 by Pit bulls and 223 by Rottweilers = 831 (63%)

Any dog can bite. Pit bulls and Rottweilers don't just bite...they attack with the intent to kill.

1142 dog attacks on children ~ 495 by Pit bulls and 231 by Rottweilers = 726 (64%)
264 dog attacks that caused a human DEATH ~ 104 by Pit bulls and 58 by Rottweilers = 162 (61%)
1323 dog attacks that caused a human MAIMING ~ 608 by Pit bulls and 223 by Rottweilers = 831 (63%)

Any dog can bite. Pit bulls and Rottweilers don't just bite...they attack with the intent to kill.

Millions of dogs and all you have is 2209 attacks over 24 years? Ya that is telling. The breed is fine, it is the owners and the way they treat them that is the problem. I had a pit bull for 8 years, he was the sweetest tempered dog in the world. Granted you don't just let strangers walk up to him though. Make sure he sees them and has a chance to react to their presence. He was originally my daughters dog but like all kids she didn't do the taking care part. I had to do that.

Millions of dogs and all you have is 2209 attacks over 24 years? Ya that is telling. The breed is fine, it is the owners and the way they treat them that is the problem. I had a pit bull for 8 years, he was the sweetest tempered dog in the world. Granted you don't just let strangers walk up to him though. Make sure he sees them and has a chance to react to their presence. He was originally my daughters dog but like all kids she didn't do the taking care part. I had to do that.

Out of 2209 attacks over 24 years, 69% have been by Pit bulls and Rottweilers. It is not just a human or owner problem. It is a breed problem.

worse thing you can do to any dog is cage it...lock it up and neglect it

That's right!

And if you're thinking of getting a dog and you're not sure if you can make it as much of a part of your family as your kids are, do yourself and the dog a favor and get a cat instead.

It's a big terrier.

Terriers are twitchy killers, that's all there is to it. They're bred to kill things, it's hardwired in them.

You can circumvent that impulse and control it; but it doesn't go away.

The secret is SUPERVISED socialization (no, letting them run in a pack does not constitute "socialization" in a meaningful way).

I love my son's pit bull. But he's put years into making him a very, very nice dog. As a puppy he carried him with him everywhere, and he travelled with him everywhere. He still does. When he CAN'T supervise him, the dog is in a kennel. But it's a good sized kennel, and he's only in there for part of the day. He sleeps with the family, he goes to school with my son. He goes into the kennel when they go out to eat or somewhere dogs aren't allowed. The result is a dog that is at ease in all sorts of situations. I've seen dogs run up to him and attack him and all he does is roll them over. I've seen kids pull on his ears and roll on the ground with him, he just flops on his side like a hound.

We STILL don't leave him alone with kids, and sneak up on him at your own peril. If you spook him, he's a scary hombre.

Sure, if by 'properly maintained' you mean locked up in a cage.

I say we deny access to any dog by anyone who has been charged with any drug violation

Does your boy Rush Limbaugh own any dogs?

Since the comment was made that only durg dealers have pitbull's I say again, we deny access to any dog by anyone who has been charged with any drug violation. I really don't give a shit who you are.

I say we deny access to any dog by anyone who has been charged with any drug violation

Since the comment was made that only durg dealers have pitbull's I say again, we deny access to any dog by anyone who has been charged with any drug violation. I really don't give a shit who you are.

That's not a bad idea, but do you really think someone that is selling illegal drugs is going to obey a law that says they can't own a dog? I sure don't.

That's not a bad idea, but do you really think someone that is selling illegal drugs is going to obey a law that says they can't own a dog? I sure don't.

You can hide a gun easier than you can hide a dog.

Another good way to keep kids off the street and out of trouble.

What an asshole you are. Kids don't have to be doing anything wrong to be attacked if theses dogs are allowed to run free.

I'm an asshole? I may be an asshole but I don't shit on American soldiers like you did in that other thread.

This is getting quite interesting...you appear to have this thing about scatology images around American soldiers....pissing and shitting....you think about them both to write about them...a fair number of times too.

Have I said you're a dipshit in the last few minutes, Bod? Because if I haven't, it's time I did.

Forum List

Back