Little girl mauled by pitbulls told to leave restaurant because her face was scaring

What a bunch of insensitive jerks.

That child deserves hugs and smiles and kind words, not rejection.

Hopefully, KFC will realize the harm caused by the callous indifference of its employees and will pay for the little girl's medical expenses. A nice, big party for her wouldn't hurt either.

KFC "donated" 30k for her medical expenses. I'm sure they had to sign a release, too.

Pretty good deal for KFC. This is a clear violation of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. The family probably could have gotten a lot more. If it had been my girl I would have sued the shit out of them.

https://news.yahoo.com/kfc-girl-face-pit-bull-30k-201111771.html

EDIT - just saw post above. Everything I just wrote is irrelevant.

Last edited:
She should have to return all the fraudulently obtained money. At the very least.

I am conflicted about that. The money should at the very least be put in a trust managed by a bank or something. Perhaps give the donors the option of getting it back. i think it is the mauling not the alleged rudeness that elicited most of the sympathy. If I had given money, at least, I would still want the girl to receive it, but I would want a third party overseeing it so it did not get wasted on Ma & Pa Kettle's legal bills.

Hopefully, KFC will realize the harm caused by the callous indifference of its employees and will pay for the little girl's medical expenses. A nice, big party for her wouldn't hurt either.

KFC "donated" 30k for her medical expenses. I'm sure they had to sign a release, too.

Pretty good deal for KFC. This is a clear violation of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. The family probably could have gotten a lot more. If it had been my girl I would have sued the shit out of them.

You must have missed the part where the whole thing was a hoax cooked up by grandma to make money.

They should have to give the money back and make restitution to the people they defrauded including KFC.

You must have missed the part where the whole thing was a hoax cooked up by grandma to make money.

They should have to give the money back and make restitution to the people they defrauded including KFC.

Worse should happen.
They are criminals.

If some of the money was donated from out of state donors it constitutes federal wire fraud.

She should have to return all the fraudulently obtained money. At the very least.

I am conflicted about that. The money should at the very least be put in a trust managed by a bank or something. Perhaps give the donors the option of getting it back. i think it is the mauling not the alleged rudeness that elicited most of the sympathy. If I had given money, at least, I would still want the girl to receive it, but I would want a third party overseeing it so it did not get wasted on Ma & Pa Kettle's legal bills.

They could offer to donors to refund all or half.
And/or change their donation to a fund that helps ALL kids/victims going through surgery to recover from pitbull attacks, and share the money between Victoria and the other families.

That way, more people would be helped, Victoria can still be included since it wasn't her fault, and the lesson can still be learned about ethics and fairness.

Since KFC pledged 30,000 and has more legal resources that could help establish a legitimate foundation for outreach as PR,
maybe they could set it up as a central pitbull fund, and urge ALL customers
or citizens to donate to the general fund instead of wasting legal resources suing or fighting.

Just give all that money to kids like Victoria who have years of surgery ahead.

Last edited:

If I were on KFC PR team, I would push to set up a foundation/fund
similar to Wendy's adoption outreach, and convert this incident
into donations to help all kids like Victoria with surgery and recovery.

you don't have to say it's caused by the stupidity and criminality of the adults involved.
The research will speak for itself. If KFC takes the higher road, they deserve good PR!
They can focus on helping the kids who did not choose to be victims of irresponsible adults.

If I were on KFC PR team, I would push to set up a foundation/fund
similar to Wendy's adoption outreach, and convert this incident
into donations to help all kids like Victoria with surgery and recovery.

you don't have to say it's caused by the stupidity and criminality of the adults involved.
The research will speak for itself. If KFC takes the higher road, they deserve good PR!
They can focus on helping the kids who did not choose to be victims of irresponsible adults.

It is basically extortion against a major corporation and defrauding charitable contributors

It is basically extortion against a major corporation and defrauding charitable contributors

Yes, and all the donors could choose to correct the problem by transferring donations to an ethical fund, and avoid incurring greater legal costs where that money could be donated to help more kids who suffer expensive medical surgeries.

We could still support people to resolve this as civilly and cost-effectively as possible,
and save the MONEY for the kids who need help. More than expensive lawyers.

Yes, and all the donors could choose to correct the problem by transferring donations to an ethical fund, and avoid incurring greater legal costs where that money could be donated to help more kids who suffer expensive medical surgeries.

We could still support people to resolve this as civilly and cost-effectively as possible,
and save the MONEY for the kids who need help. More than expensive lawyers.

The donors could have chosen to make a donation to any one of dozens of ethical funds and chose not to. They were defrauded. The perpetrators should have to give the money back and not to mention, lose custody of the child. There isn't any greater legal costs to the donors. Not even KFC. It's a criminal proceeding. All KFC is, is a witness.

Hats off to the members here who said we should wait to see if this story is true.

This is a great lesson.

Grandmother's claim that disfigured three-year-old was thrown out of KFC is a HOAX, claims investigation - after fast-food giant gave family $30,000
Three-year-old Victoria Wilcher was seriously injured when she was mauled by three pit bulls in her grandfather's backyard
Her grandmother claims she was getting her mashed potatoes at KFC when they were asked her to leave because the young girl was making other customers 'uncomfortable'

KFC publicly apologized and donated $30,000 to help pay for Victoria's medical bills
Now an independent review has found that the incident didn't actually happen

Surveillance video shows that the woman and girl didn't go to KFC that day and there are no receipts showing the combination of items they bought
Since the story made news headlines grandmother Kelly Mullins has raised over $135,000 for her granddaughter
It is unclear if she will face criminal charges if found to have made the incident up

The story of a little girl being thrown out of a KFC restaurant in Jackson, Mississippi, after an employee said her scarred face was 'scaring the other diners' is a hoax, an investigation has claimed.

Victoria Wilcher, who was left disfigured after being attacked by dogs, made national headlines earlier this month after her family posted a photo entitled 'Does this face look scary to you?' on a Facebook page entitled Victoria's Victories.

The allegations against KFC drew widespread condemnation and prompted the fast food chain to donate $30,000 towards Victoria’s charity while promising to pay for an independent review to be carried out to determine what happened.

Read more: Claim that disfigured Victoria Wilcher, 3, was thrown out of KFC is a HOAX | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

You know, with stories like this it's sometimes tough to take the "hey, let's take a step back and get all the facts" approach. More often than not people think that someone taking that tact is heartless. Especially when everyone else is jumping on the "that corporation or those people are evil" bandwagon.

I've seen too many people over the years exploit their sick, and often times not sick, children in misguided efforts to get some cash. Stories like this little girl's are tragic. No child should be scarred in such a fashion. But to take stories like this at face value? Well, best to wait, in my opinion, until all the facts are available...

If that lady really did lie about this whole thing, my only question for her would be this one: Is that the kind of person that you want your grand daughter to be when she is older?

God bless you and the little girl always!!!

Holly

P.S. If they were at KFC and were ordered to leave because the other customers there at the time were scared of the little girl's appearance, well then them customers couldn't be a more perfect example of the saying "You are what you eat." :D :D :D

Yes, and all the donors could choose to correct the problem

They COULD. But so could ANYONE else. And one more thing. They aren't DONORS anymore - they are VICTIMS.

The contract is null and void as it is based on fraud. The donation never occurred - they were robbed.

And I wouldn't trust this family to even give a truthful accounting of the girls medical expenses
They may have already had them paid for by other kind people for all we know - or Medicaid may be covering all or part of it. You trust this family to tell you if that's the case? Fuck that. I'd presume any money I give these criminals isn't going to the girl.

Last edited:
Grandma no doubt heard about all these black people who faked up a racist claim and got money. She wanted to hop on the bandwagon herself.

Forum List

Back