Yet another child dies at the jaws of pitbulls

The statistics are there for your consideration when choosing a home pet, folks.

Ignore them at your own risk.

They are quite telling about how dangerous this breed is (statistically speaking)

Attacks by all breeds September 1982 to November 13, 2006
2209 dog attacks ~ 1110 by Pit bulls and 409 by Rottweilers = 1519 (69%)
1142 dog attacks on children ~ 495 by Pit bulls and 231 by Rottweilers = 726 (64%)
658 dog attacks on adults ~ 397 by Pit bulls and 109 by Rottweilers = 506 (77%)
264 dog attacks that caused a human DEATH ~ 104 by Pit bulls and 58 by Rottweilers = 162 (61%)
1323 dog attacks that caused a human MAIMING ~ 608 by Pit bulls and 223 by Rottweilers = 831 (63%)

Any dog can bite. Pit bulls and Rottweilers don't just bite...they attack with the intent to kill.

Millions of dogs and all you have is 2209 attacks over 24 years? Ya that is telling. The breed is fine, it is the owners and the way they treat them that is the problem. I had a pit bull for 8 years, he was the sweetest tempered dog in the world. Granted you don't just let strangers walk up to him though. Make sure he sees them and has a chance to react to their presence. He was originally my daughters dog but like all kids she didn't do the taking care part. I had to do that.

That alone ought to tip you off that you've got a serious potenial problem.

It's like you're saying,

Sure that bomb is perfectly safe. Just don't bump into it or make any loud noises and it probably won't go off.

Pitt Bulls can be real sweethearts. The problem is that they are as tough an animal that there is. Mine has almost knocked me out several times just "playing". That head is like a 4 by 4 and when they swing it around it can be a lethal weapon. I've seen stars a few times from him accidentally bumping into my head with his. I've got a nice nick in my nose from two days ago from one of his playful accidents. There is no way I would allow my very loving Pit Bull around a child. He could kill a small child easily without any intention to do so.

Another good way to keep kids off the street and out of trouble.

What an asshole you are. Kids don't have to be doing anything wrong to be attacked if theses dogs are allowed to run free.

I'm an asshole? I may be an asshole but I don't shit on American soldiers like you did in that other thread.

You are a disingenuous asshole. HERE was our conversation. I am not the one that shit on our troops. AND you never answered my question about the war in Afghanistan.

Bfgrn said:
I am very sensitive to the loss of life by our service men and women. I'm sure you stood with me in opposing the invasion of Iraq, and the criminal acts of the Bush administration's preemptive war of ideology. The BEST way to honor our brave men and women in the military, is to never send them into a needless and immoral war.

No mother would ever willingly sacrifice her sons for territorial gain, for economic advantage, for ideology.
Ronald Reagan

bigrebnc1775 said:
If you are sensitive shut the fuck up you have said enough already

Obama just sent more troops to Afghanistan but they don't count do they. You really don't give a shit for them it's just your party that you care about.

Bfgrn said:
I do care. I think our troops in Afghanistan need to be removed. Do you?

DO YOU???

What an asshole you are. Kids don't have to be doing anything wrong to be attacked if theses dogs are allowed to run free.

I'm an asshole? I may be an asshole but I don't shit on American soldiers like you did in that other thread.

You are a disingenuous asshole. HERE was our conversation. I am not the one that shit on our troops. AND you never answered my question about the war in Afghanistan.

bigrebnc1775 said:
If you are sensitive shut the fuck up you have said enough already

Obama just sent more troops to Afghanistan but they don't count do they. You really don't give a shit for them it's just your party that you care about.

Bfgrn said:
I do care. I think our troops in Afghanistan need to be removed. Do you?

DO YOU???

care to post the replies that lead up to those comments made

Last edited:
There is no way I would allow my very loving Pit Bull around a child. He could kill a small child easily without any intention to do so.

Very sensible.

You apparently understand your dog's potential to do enormous damage and without advance warning, too.

I think if people treated these dogs like dynamite we wouldn't be reading about how many people a few of them kill and maim.

Sadly, any moron with a few bucks can own one.

Man charged in pit bull attack that killed NC girl :: WRAL.com

WAXHAW, N.C. — A man was charged with involuntary manslaughter after two of his pit bulls mauled and killed a 5-year-old girl.

The Charlotte Observer reported Wednesday that Michael Brandon Gordon, 23, was charged in connection with the death of Makayla Woodard.

Gordon's whereabouts weren't immediately clear Wednesday night.

State Department of Correction records show that he was released from jail last May after serving eight months for a violation of his probation for three 2008 felony convictions on breaking-and-entering charges.

WAXHAW, N.C. — A man was charged with involuntary manslaughter after two of his pit bulls mauled and killed a 5-year-old girl.

The Charlotte Observer reported Wednesday that Michael Brandon Gordon, 23, was charged in connection with the death of Makayla Woodard.

State Department of Correction records show that he was released from jail last May after serving eight months for a violation of his probation for three 2008 felony convictions on breaking-and-entering charges.

He was a felon and should never had access to any dog.

Good. It wasn't so much the vicious four leggers as it was the vicious two legger who was at fault.

Good. It wasn't so much the vicious four leggers as it was the vicious two legger who was at fault.
Four legs good, two legs bad...

Pitt Bulls can be real sweethearts. The problem is that they are as tough an animal that there is. Mine has almost knocked me out several times just "playing". That head is like a 4 by 4 and when they swing it around it can be a lethal weapon. I've seen stars a few times from him accidentally bumping into my head with his. I've got a nice nick in my nose from two days ago from one of his playful accidents. There is no way I would allow my very loving Pit Bull around a child. He could kill a small child easily without any intention to do so.

Dogs in general are wonderful loving creatures The caretakers of dogs..on the other hand..

Every day, I see people with dogs.

Few of them should have dogs.

If your dog is walking you- you shouldn't have a dog.

If you dog doesn't come when called- you shouldn't have a dog.

People should be required to get a certification showing they know how to handle and train a dog before they can own one.

Especially when it comes to pits, terriers, German Shepherds, Rotties, and other breeds that can do serious harm to humans

Years ago I use to have a pitbull German Sheppard Rottwilder mix. 135lbs of sweetest dog you could ever have, smart, and very protective. The kids in the neighborhood would pick at her just to get her to bark. I told them to leave her alone and if I ever caught them teasing her anymore I would go kick their father’s asses. Needless to say I never had anymore problems out of the kids in the neighborhood.

Forum List

Back