Yet another child dies at the jaws of pitbulls

Do you happen to remember the woman mauled to death in an apartment hallway in San Fransisco? The dogs that attacked her were Presa Canarios, another breed bred to fight but unlike pits, these are enormous....as big as mastiffs.

Across the street from my brother's old house, where my neice now lives alone, there's just such a dog, and it is allowed out without a leash or fence (not that either one would be much help).

IMO, the people who want to own such animals (and I'd include wolf-dog hybrids here as well) have a screw loose.

Presa Demand Grows for All Wrong Reasons / Dogs wanted for killing, fighting - SFGate

Really? Wolfhounds? Most wolfhound breeds are pretty good with kids- they just have an instinctual and seething hatred for anything resembling a wolf.

When Pitbulls first came to America they were sold off and used for work.

If people discriminated for years against your "breed" maybe you would be more violent too.

No intelligent parent would leave any child unsupervised with any dog. Dogs are not human, even the most docile dog can snap.

Humans can attack children, too, and often do. It's a matter of knowing who to trust, regardless of the number of legs.

Usually, aggressive dogs, like aggressive humans, are made that way, not born that way.

I strongly disagree. Again...........

It is the breed.

You both have valid points. Any child can be made violent, but some genetic stocks are more inclined towards violence than others.

Army ants, negroids, pitbulls- all have been shaped at the genetic level to be more inclined towards aggression than other closely related populations.

It's not nurture versus nature. It's nature and nurture.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sociobiology-New-Synthesis-Twenty-fifth-Anniversary/dp/0674002350]Amazon.com: Sociobiology: The New Synthesis, Twenty-fifth Anniversary Edition (9780674002357): Edward O. Wilson: Books[/ame]

I love my Mylo and she bites my daughter and all the neighborhood kids on a regular basis..and it's not cute play biting, either. It isn't as hard as she COULD bite, but it leaves a mark and makes them cry (though it doesn't make them avoid her, lol). She bit my daughter in the face the other day...my daughter stuck her face down on her when she was sleeping, and Mylo bit her; I could see teeth marks (again, didn't break the skin, just red marks that went away after a few minutes) on her cheek and under her chin.

That woul have taken off her face if it was a pit bull bite.
I always knew you were a retarded piece of shit...

Do you happen to remember the woman mauled to death in an apartment hallway in San Fransisco? The dogs that attacked her were Presa Canarios, another breed bred to fight but unlike pits, these are enormous....as big as mastiffs.

Across the street from my brother's old house, where my neice now lives alone, there's just such a dog, and it is allowed out without a leash or fence (not that either one would be much help).

IMO, the people who want to own such animals (and I'd include wolf-dog hybrids here as well) have a screw loose.

Presa Demand Grows for All Wrong Reasons / Dogs wanted for killing, fighting - SFGate

Really? Wolfhounds? Most wolfhound breeds are pretty good with kids- they just have an instinctual and seething hatred for anything resembling a wolf.

No, JB. NOT a wolfhound....a cross between a wild animal (a wolf) and a domesticated one (a dog). Thought to be a "cool" animal to own among the more challenged members of our society.

Why would you cross a dog and a wolf? Isn't the reason we bred dogs because wolves are not good pets?

Apparently, to a certain type of sociopath with adequacy issues, this sounds like a fun idea. It happens a lot here in Ohio -- and oddly, it also happened in Florida, where I used to live. Needless to say, the offspring are unreliable at best.

I love my Mylo and she bites my daughter and all the neighborhood kids on a regular basis..and it's not cute play biting, either. It isn't as hard as she COULD bite, but it leaves a mark and makes them cry (though it doesn't make them avoid her, lol). She bit my daughter in the face the other day...my daughter stuck her face down on her when she was sleeping, and Mylo bit her; I could see teeth marks (again, didn't break the skin, just red marks that went away after a few minutes) on her cheek and under her chin.

That woul have taken off her face if it was a pit bull bite.
I always knew you were a retarded piece of shit...

Why? Because I don't shoot my little dog for acting like a terrier when the kids torment her?

Forum List

Back