Little girl mauled by pitbulls told to leave restaurant because her face was scaring

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
customers.

My god, she's three years old !!

Can you be any more heartless than this ?

Girl asked to leave restaurant because scars were scaring customers, grandmother says

The grandmother of a 3-year-old girl who was viciously attacked by three dogs says she was asked to leave a KFC in Jackson, Miss., by an employee who said the girl's scars were scaring other customers.

“They just told us, ‘We have to ask you to leave because her face is disrupting our customers,’" Kelly Mullins, Victoria Wilcher's grandmother, told WAPT-TV. "She understood exactly what they said."

Mullins said she was driving her granddaughter home from the hospital in early June when they stopped at KFC for mashed potatoes.

The dog attack, Mullins explained, has made it difficult for her granddaughter to swallow.

"The right side of her face is paralyzed," Mullins said. "She's got a lot of surgeries to go through and she won't even look in the mirror anymore. When we go to a store, she doesn't even want to get out [of the car]. She's 3 years old and she's embarrassed about what she looks like."

The incident, Mullins said, left the girl in tears.

“No matter what’s wrong with a person, if a person’s different, if a person’s scarred, or is a different color or anything, people shouldn’t be discriminated against,” Mullins continued. “Her being 3 years old and already being discriminated against, it makes me mad, because I know for the rest of her life it’s going to be like that.”

KFC said it is investigating the incident.

"We take this very seriously, as we have zero tolerance for any kind of hurtful or disrespectful actions toward our guests," KFC spokesman Rick Maynard said in a statement. "Our investigation is ongoing, but we have been in touch with the family and are committed to doing something appropriate for this beautiful little girl and her family. We will also work with the franchisee to take appropriate action at the restaurant once the specifics of the incident are determined."

Not surprisingly, her story has gone viral. Facebook page launched in April to give friends updates on Victoria's recovery has garnered more than 30,000 likes, thanks in large part to a post about her experience at KFC.

KFC, it's worth noting, responded on Facebook the next day.

"Please accept our sincere apologies while we try to investigate this incident," the restaurant wrote in a comment. "If you could help provide details of the incident ... we will look into this immediately. We have zero tolerance for any kind of disrespectful behavior by our team members. Once we have further details, we will immediately investigate this and take action, and we wish nothing but the best for Victoria in her recovery."

A donation page set up to help Victoria's family pay for her medical bills has raised nearly $20,000.

According to investigators, three pit bulls attacked Victoria the backyard of her grandfather's home. According to WAPT-TV, the grandfather, Donald Mullins — Kelly Mullins' ex-husband — shot and killed two of the dogs; a third was euthanized. The grandfather and his girlfriend were later arrested on child endangerment charges.

According to Simpson County Sheriff Kenneth Lewis, Donald Mullins was keeping 10 pit bulls at his home at the time of the attack.

"This is probably the worst (pit bull attack) we've ever had," Lewis said.

The month before, a 3-year-old boy died after being mauled by two pit bulls in Holmes County, according to the (Jackson, Miss.) Clarion Ledger, "an attack that prompted Sheriff Willie March to state his support for a countywide ban on the breed."

Girl asked to leave restaurant because scars were scaring customers, grandmother says

What a bunch of insensitive jerks.

That child deserves hugs and smiles and kind words, not rejection.

Hopefully, KFC will realize the harm caused by the callous indifference of its employees and will pay for the little girl's medical expenses. A nice, big party for her wouldn't hurt either.

It's amazing in this day and age of social networking, that anyone working in such an establishment would think they could do something like this and not have a big news story come up.
Along with being heartless, someone is a idiot as well.

o please what about the places that allow you to make comments on the receipts? i am always amazed at that......

people are stupid and cruel

Oh gawd, that's just so heartbreaking.

That poor little girl has such a long hard road ahead - wth is wrong with people that they would add to her burden like this.

I wish it reported that customers walked out. I wouldn't consider actually eating at a KFC but no way would I stay if I saw that happen. I hope that those who do eat that garbage make their feelings known so this doesn't happen again.

It's amazing in this day and age of social networking, that anyone working in such an establishment would think they could do something like this and not have a big news story come up.
Along with being heartless, someone is a idiot as well.

And we should just accept the family's story at face value?

Oh gawd, that's just so heartbreaking.

That poor little girl has such a long hard road ahead - wth is wrong with people that they would add to her burden like this.

I wish it reported that customers walked out. I wouldn't consider actually eating at a KFC but no way would I stay if I saw that happen. I hope that those who do eat that garbage make their feelings known so this doesn't happen again.

Agree with all above posters. :mad:

To me, that KFC should not only be sued for whatever it is that they are worth which is obviously not that much sadly, but also put out of business for being so heartless, as if that little girl had not been through enough nightmare. :mad: :mad: :mad:

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. And before certain people here ask me why the Lord didn't stop the attack from happening, maybe it happened so that the Lord could see how the rest of us would respond to it, in other words, how would the rest of the world treat this little girl when she did nothing to deserve what had already been done to her. Well I wouldn't be surprised if the Lord were to have special plans in store for those who have done nothing but treat her like dirt. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thank you for having expressed your approval of the treatment of that little girl. I wondered what sort of person might get their rocks off over that!

customers.

Seriously, you had to go political ?
Not the time dude, not the time.

To me, that KFC should not only be sued for whatever it is that they are worth which is obviously not that much sadly, but also put out of business for being so heartless, as if that little girl had not been through enough nightmare. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Holly

P.S. And before certain people here ask me why the Lord didn't stop the attack from happening, maybe it happened so that the Lord could see how the rest of us would respond to it, in other words, how would the rest of the world treat this little girl when she did nothing to deserve what had already been done to her. Well I wouldn't be surprised if the Lord were to have special plans in store for those who have done nothing but treat her like dirt. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes, your god (if you believe in him) did this to that baby.

But-

What is the difference between this the whole gay baking crap?

If the baker doesn't have to serve those they hate, why not the slimy KFC?

There's no real difference.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Holly

And what a petty nasty little god to put an innocent baby through years of hell just to see what emotional torture others would put her through.

I could never believe in or commit my own life to such a totally vile vindictive little "god".

And what is wrong with you that you can blather god crap while believing he would do that to a precious little baby?

You say some really disturbing stuff but this is your worst.

customers.

What you say is true of course but doesn't really belong in this thread.

How bout deleting this and reporting in a new thread?

Thank you for having expressed your approval of the treatment of that little girl. I wondered what sort of person might get their rocks off over that!
You know, I always thought you were a sick one. You've just gone on to prove it!

customers.

Seriously, you had to go political ?
Not the time dude, not the time.
It's in the very context of things or haven't you noticed? But why am I not surprised? It's never the right time for you Republicans to come clean about why you are so merciless and heartless against those people who are in the most need in this country. Not surprising at all.

It's in the very context of things or haven't you noticed? But why am I not surprised? It's never the right time for you Republicans to come clean about why you are so merciless and heartless against those people who are in the most need in this country. Not surprising at all.

Maybe it would be best if you just left the thread before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.

In this rare instance of compassion, I really wish the best in life for that girl. I can't imagine the suffering she must endure throughout the rest of her years.

If I could sacrifice ten random healthy humans to give her her unscarred face back, I would in a heartbeat. :-(

Yes, your god (if you believe in him) did this to that baby.

But-

What is the difference between this the whole gay baking crap?

If the baker doesn't have to serve those they hate, why not the slimy KFC?

There's no real difference.
Yes there is a difference. Unlike the homosexuals, the little girl can not help how she is.

And what a petty nasty little god to put an innocent baby through years of hell just to see what emotional torture others would put her through.

I could never believe in or commit my own life to such a totally vile vindictive little "god".

And what is wrong with you that you can blather god crap while believing he would do that to a precious little baby?

You say some really disturbing stuff but this is your worst.
Oh well, if you do not like what I bring to this forum, it isn't my problem.

God bless you and the little girl always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back