No Wal Mart in DC?

so lessseeee here.. they don't want know stinking wal marts, which gives them jobs but we the people are supposed to see to their general welfare? Really?

Give me a break.

If you go to the 'contact the developer' page.... You can delete their standard text and write your own. I wrote...

Dear Sir

Please stand firm in the face of the protests against WalMart.

Thank you.

XXX

My bad.

I think it's the liberal means to reduce crime. If the residents have to spend more money on clothes and food there is less to spend on drugs and guns.

Are they still using the 'cross hairs' to incite their mobs to commit murder?

You mean the little smiley face in the crosshairs? Yep,, they were supposed to go to the developer's house last night and terrorize him.

Are they still using the 'cross hairs' to incite their mobs to commit murder?

That really has nothing to do with Wal-Mart in DC though...

It has everything to do with the WalMart. The website linked in the OP was, until yesterday, carrying a 'cross hairs' symbol.... next to the name and home address of the developer. By the left's own standard, that's incitement to commit murder.

We are fighting them here in NYC too. And winning. We don't need their cheap crap from China nor do we need them devaluing wages and driving out local small businesses, which are the very heart of NYC. Many towns don't want them.

We are fighting them here in NYC too. And winning. We don't need their cheap crap from China nor do we need them devaluing wages and driving out local small businesses, which are the very heart of NYC. Many towns don't want them.

Spoken by someone with a job.

I believe there are many that would die for a mjaor retialer moving in to NYC.

No need for jobs now. We're gonna pay for them to not work. That's the new American Dream.

It's a free market

supply and demand

If the majority want a wal-mart they can have one. if the majority don't know? Tuff shit, it's a free country, wal-mart can build where they want.

I personnaly don't shop at wal-mart, the "wal" implies segrigation so I don't go there and support them. I used to got to *gasp*choke* "Target" (please forgive me for saying that, I'm trying to live up to some fictional standards and will try to do better), but now I don't b/c that supports violence.
I'd go to "Kings" market but that supports elitism.

so now I go to down town, I mean the central part of town and pay 50% more for the same crap I coulda got at wally world.

No need for jobs now. We're gonna pay for them to not work. That's the new American Dream.

Don't worry, we're doing better on jobs here than most other places. I think I heard yesterday that unemployment has now fallen to 8.2%. We're recovering and we surely don't need a Wal-Mart here.

Heaven forbid a corporation expand and hire people.

that's the solution to the problem that we don't want fixed.

Heaven forbid a corporation expand and hire people.

that's the solution to the problem that we don't want fixed.

A coporation that is not under the thumb of a union must be evil.

Don't worry, we're doing better on jobs here than most other places. I think I heard yesterday that unemployment has now fallen to 8.2%. We're recovering and we surely don't need a Wal-Mart here.

Tell that to your neighbor who will take any job to feed his family.
Bet he slams the door on you.

I am positive that those who are on the lower end of the pay scale would disagree with you. :eusa_whistle:

So is the suggestion that we protect the small stores with the higher prices so people can buy the "cheap" crap from China at a higher price ?

I dont see the big deal here. this is a local community decided what they want in there town. You dont get much more conservative than this.

Then again the same people complaining about this didnt want the 9/11 mosque being built either.
which just shows they arent really conservative and just want people to do things their way.

Oh well.

So does this local comunity want it's people to pay more for the same cheap crap that's made in China ?

I dont see the big deal here. this is a local community decided what they want in there town. You dont get much more conservative than this.

Then again the same people complaining about this didnt want the 9/11 mosque being built either.
which just shows they arent really conservative and just want people to do things their way.

Oh well.

So does this local comunity want it's people to pay more for the same cheap crap that's made in China ?

When you're having to bus people in from other states to protest, I find myself wondering how we define 'local community' these days.

Forum List

Back