Yes, You Did!

Foreigners in general don't understand US Politics. They only think they do.

Thank you and you are correct. I'd never presume to know how Brits or New Zealanders should feel about their politics, especially if I didn't agree with their positions. To do so would say more about my hubris than their ignorance, no matter how I put it.

Actually, I think you will find it is historically provable that conservatives are ignorant of history as proven by the current idiot in the WH.

Then there are those conservative Americans who feel embarrassed that foriegners can easily understand US politics, when clearly so many US conservatives can't. That must hurt. Good smearing...

Proof of what I've already written in x number of posts. Hatred, hubris, ignorance, and foreign to boot.

well, I don't know Kath, perhaps you can wait UNTIL such time as Obama actually makes a decision that you disagree with. You know, after he's sworn in as President.

As for earning animosity, may I just :lol: at the idea that those on the right haven't earned their fair share as well!

Do I agree with calling someone an idiot if they agreed with Bush? No I don't. I have friends who agreed with him, I never called them idiots. I told them I didn't understand how they could agree but I never said they were stupid for agreeing.

You've been here since 2003 so I assume you're holding onto some bitterness and anger that might be left over from previous posters who are no longer here, esp since I've yet to see a lib who has been here as long as that. Maybe I'm missing them I don't know.

I'm not trying to be condescending here, really. What his response was to the Poles, actually was action. The Poles get it, the Russians get it. We've already sold out an ally and emboldened a potential adversary.

Thank you and you are correct. I'd never presume to know how Brits or New Zealanders should feel about their politics, especially if I didn't agree with their positions. To do so would say more about my hubris than their ignorance, no matter how I put it.

aren't the eyes of the world always on America? isn't our national business broadcast for the world on a daily basis? Our political system is probably the only one that has an effect on the entire world so I think it's within the realm of possibility that foreigners do pay attention and can grasp how our system works.

I know Americans like to pretend they are the end all and be all of intelligence but there are smart people outside the U.S. who can study our politics and understand it. and since they aren't getting it through a filter, they might even see and understand things we never even think about.

aren't the eyes of the world always on America? isn't our national business broadcast for the world on a daily basis? Our political system is probably the only one that has an effect on the entire world so I think it's within the realm of possibility that foreigners do pay attention and can grasp how our system works.

I know Americans like to pretend they are the end all and be all of intelligence but there are smart people outside the U.S. who can study our politics and understand it. and since they aren't getting it through a filter, they might even see and understand things we never even think about.

LOL! That was so much gobblety goop I'm at a loss to respond. What filter do you think missing that they have more 'clarity'?

in post six where you say ignorance is bliss, who were you referring to? Unlike most conservatives re Bush, libs know what they are getting. hell most libs knew what they were getting when Bush became president. Pity those that voted for him didn't...

I'd say most liberals have no clue what they're getting and are no better at seeing through the bullshit than conservatives.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I write for myself, always have. If some agree with me, that's fine. Sometimes I'm just inciting dialogue, sometimes not. I've been consistent though, I'm not going to attack Obama from a personal position, such as showing pics of him being a monkey, etc., rather his own actions-such as 'The President Elect of the United States' or his backing off from missile defense, leaving allies blowing in the wind. The attacks from the left not only upon Bush, but upon those that held viewpoints that coincided with his decisions, well those folks have earned animosity.

Many are here. Many will not be happy that some will not just stfu. I won't.

It's not our job to defend "allies". It's theirs.

LOL! That was so much gobblety goop I'm at a loss to respond. What filter do you think missing that they have more 'clarity'?

translation = I can't respond without looking like a dumbass because she's right so I'll claim she's unclear :eusa_whistle:

Foreigners in general don't understand US Politics. They only think they do.

I don't fit into that category. I find US politics pretty basic to be honest. Coming from a country where we have just over one percent of the US population but as of yesterday (we had our election yesterday) have six different parties in our parliament, ours is a lot harder to understand (that actual process that is, not hte politiking - that's the same as anywhere)

No hatred, dislike.
Ignorant? Hardly, for you to say so is the personification of ignorance. Go figure.

Foreign? OMG! Kathi a xenophobe - who'd a thought...:badgrin:

Since when is one xenophobic for saying foreigners shouldn't be involved in our electoral process? I haven't a right to insert myself in yours or others, nor would I presume to do so. There's a difference between spouting off on a messageboard and saying those we disagree with are xenophobes, ignorant, etc. Yet, for years you've chosen to do so.

Since when is one xenophobic for saying foreigners shouldn't be involved in our electoral process? I haven't a right to insert myself in yours or others, nor would I presume to do so. There's a difference between spouting off on a messageboard and saying those we disagree with are xenophobes, ignorant, etc. Yet, for years you've chosen to do so.

The day I can vote there is the day I'm involved. Anything else is just me jawing and giving my opinion on a messageboard. Now, if you have a problem with the latter, tough shit. That aside, if NZ politics had any affect on the US, I would absolutely expect you to have your say on it on a messageboard. The fact you were a foreigner commenting on our politics wouldn't even be an issue as far as I'm concerned..

All fair points, but just because it's on the news or in the papers doesn't mean that people really understand it. They may watch the news once a day and in amongst all the 'local' news may possibly be something about US politics. They'll watch it (probably), reach a conclusion (maybe) and remember a soundbite or two (possibly). Unless they go online and read up on it, they can hardly be expected to understand it in any depth.

Ask 10 foreigners who is in Bush's cabinet and you'd probably hear the names Rice and Rumsfeld. Ask them who the VP is and many would be scratching their heads.

Your point is valid - they can study and (to a degree) understand. My point is, very few of them bother.

I don't fit into that category. I find US politics pretty basic to be honest. Coming from a country where we have just over one percent of the US population but as of yesterday (we had our election yesterday) have six different parties in our parliament, ours is a lot harder to understand (that actual process that is, not hte politiking - that's the same as anywhere)

Correct, but you take the trouble to become informed and develop conclusions based on what you have read/heard and what you are predisposed (if anything) to gravitate towards. My point was that, "in general", foreigners do not.

Being a liberal yourself .. I'm quite sure you would

If OBama attacks Iran .. did liberals know he would?

Thanks and hello my friend. I was on another site earlier. Seems many are consoling themselves with the notion that Barack will actually conduct war much better than GW has, no talk of less war. I thought of you.

Forum List

Back