Yes on Prop 19 Winning 52%-36%; Majority Supports Legalizing Marijuana

The enthusiasm is using taxation as a way to achieve the personal freedom to burn Jah's tree. Were we not a racist obsessively wanting to imprison minorities it would be legal. I'd prefer decrim with no taxation, I just don't see it unfolding that way.

Quantum if you don't see a huge difference since Obama your not looking. Again Cali has a proposition to make recreational smoking legal for adults and it's polling a double digit lead. The ones continuing to get busted are not following state law.

It will pass in CA and will not be the first time that CA has moved this type of legislation forward. Comparing this to gay marriage is not a good comparison. There is clear support there for MJ and there has been support for some time. The fact that the feds will not stand in the way makes it clear the this will soon become a reality. It is funny though that the feds are blocking state law that agrees with federal law (AZ) and here is law that directly contradicts federal law and they are stepping aside. I would agree with legalization of MJ but find the actions of this administration highly hypocritical.

What makes you think the feds will not stand in the way? They routinely raid medical marijuana dispensaries, and even obtain convictions against people who use marijuana for medical reasons. Do you think they will step aside and allow people to freely and legally use marijuana for non medical purposes? They will subpoena the tax rolls and arrest everyone who sells the stuff.

Only dreamers think this will become law, and I am not a dreamer, despite being a libertarian who thinks that the feds do not have constitutional authority to even pass drug laws.

Obama has already said he won't. But it's dumb to trust any politician. We'll just have to see.

Obama believes in decrim shit he mocked Clinton for not inhaling. He's a pussy for being afraid of what republicans would do to him. I think his faux military tough guy routine is the same type of weakness.

Quantum if you don't see a huge difference since Obama your not looking. Again Cali has a proposition to make recreational smoking legal for adults and it's polling a double digit lead. The ones continuing to get busted are not following state law.

If you think there is a difference it is because you are not looking.

NORML Opposes President Obama’s Pick To Head The Drug Enforcement Administration | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

DEA raids first medical pot co-op applicant - Ukiah Daily Journal

Drug enforcement agents raid Thomas Township home of medical marijuana protest organizer | MLive.com

You need to stop listening to what Obama says and look at what he actually does. My ancestors had a word for people like him. That little thing about complying with state law is a smoke screen, because the Michigan law defines a primary caregiver as anyone who has agreed to assist with a patient's medical use of marijuana. This is a much easier standard to meet than the one in California that calls for the grower to be involved in the actual care, yet the DEA sees no problem with raiding anyone there who challenges them.

the only effective difference between the DEA under Bush and Obama is that they justify their raids in a way that allows them to pacify saps who do not actually look at what they are doing. They play lip service to state laws, and follow their own interpretation that allows them to prosecute anyone and everyone, because it is still a federal crime.

You now have a chance to open your eyes to the facts. Are you going to do it?

You missed the part where I called Obama a tool. That said you could try and deny the increase in states approving medical or the explosion of dispensaries. You'd just be flat wrong, we have miles to go but everybody in the movement knows we've come miles since Obama. I seriously doubt we'd even see a prop 19 under bushe's ghestapo. Remember Ashcroft the worlds biggest tool and bush's atty general. He spent millions to jail Tommy Chong for selling bongs. Yeah we've made no progress. Lofl

You missed the part where I called Obama a tool. That said you could try and deny the increase in states approving medical or the explosion of dispensaries. You'd just be flat wrong, we have miles to go but everybody in the movement knows we've come miles since Obama. I seriously doubt we'd even see a prop 19 under bushe's ghestapo. Remember Ashcroft the worlds biggest tool and bush's atty general. He spent millions to jail Tommy Chong for selling bongs. Yeah we've made no progress. Lofl

You claimed there is a difference in the way Obama is enforcing the law in that he is only going against people who break state law. Obama may, or may not be, a tool, but if you believe that soundbite you are definitely a fool. I proved that a lie without any trouble, and can provide dozens of examples of raids conducted by the DEA where the people were in compliance with state laws, and were convicted anyway.

Excellent news. I do certainly hope that this occurs in California, and that similar things occur all over the United States, which in turn triggers a larger legalization wave across North America. It could be a pipe dream, but if in 10 years time you see pot legalized in most of America, you can be certain at least in Central America most will follow (most governments are US lackeys anyway, and Mexico already decriminalized a ton of other drugs for small personal consumption). This would be infinitely better than having the current laws which are ignored and only encourage petty corruption. Not to mention that it frees up both police resources and prison space. It's good stuff, I hope it passes.

Isn't there still the fact that Pot is a federally regulated substance?

True, Obama is a tool on the issue. But that said, he has said several time he won't get in the way of the states deciding for themselves. Dude burned tree lots, he's had Bob Marley's kids at the white house. He's afraid of being labled by the right so he's just stepping aside. Cali has way more dispenceries since he's got in office, are they still raiding some that are using it as a cover to try and be Weedmart? Yes

How is he a tool? Saying that it is up to the states is the appropriate response from the Feds. Unlike the Bush administration that sent the DEA in to harass medicinal marijuania shops.

Since states have to deal with the minor criminality (i.e. DUIs) that legalizing pot will produce, it should be up to them. It's not a federal issue. I wonder if the Mexican cartels are going to buy airtime in California?

Frankly, I think they should just legalize it and skip the whole bogus "medicinal" aspect of it. I am sure that MJ will help some people medically, but it is not well studied and there isn't a lot of good evidence based medicine at this point for medicinal indications.

So if it becomes a medical issue, it will turn into what narcs currently are: something that a large number of people try and swindle Doctors into giving them a script for. For every terminal cancer or HIV patient that could benefit from it, there will be that many more trying to get MJ for "anxiety" and other indications that there are better medications and therapies for. At least if it's legal people can just admit that they want to get stoned (and there really isn't anything wrong with that).

It's annoying enough with percocet. If I were a Dr. and there was medicinal MJ, I would only write scripts for terminal patients or patients with chronic conditions.

The enthusiasm is using taxation as a way to achieve the personal freedom to burn Jah's tree. Were we not a racist obsessively wanting to imprison minorities it would be legal. I'd prefer decrim with no taxation, I just don't see it unfolding that way.

Why support decriminalization and not legalization. I have never understood that stance as it seems a half assed way of doing things. Either the substance is accepted as legal or not. Having it half way denies some of the basic advantages to legalizing a substance and failes to eliminate the negatives that come with illegalization. The only advantage you gain is the cessation of prosecutions for drug offences. I will not downplay that importance as it is a large gain but legalization brings in the control that would greatly benefit society as well as eliminating the criminal elements that are selling the drug in the first place. Legalization also allows for a tax revenue that can be channeled into dealing with the negative impacts that come with any mind altering substance.

It's a feedom issue, to me I'd rather have it not a criminal offense and not taxes and regulated/turned over to Malboro and company to Wallmartize it.

And to the guy, if you were a Dr. LOL well your not, and you might not understand it's benefit to all the other ailments that real doctors do.

Obama is still a tool because as a ghanja lover, he sits on a RACIST federal law and mocks the grassroots movement to legalize that helped get him elected. His progress realized is a joke compared top the good he could be achieving were in not is fear of republican reprisal.

Taxed marijuana isn't going to solve our financial crises.

But it will solve one thing.

It will stop making criminals of decent law abiding citizens who smoke pot.

And THAT is more than a good enough reason to legalize it...with or without the tax revenue incentive.

solve everything far from it, but if your curing terrible social ills and getting a billion in the tax till you didn't have is a decent deal. Lot's in Cali will only vote for the measure to collect that tax.

Smoking marijuania isn't a FEDERAL issue.

Its not a STATE issu, either.

It's a CIVIL RIGHTS issue.

What state has the right to tell anybody what they can do or not do with their bodies?

Those of you claiming that you love freedom, but who support the way we deal with issues like drugs and prostitution, don't love freedom.

What you love is your version of freedom.

Just like every other control freaking monster than mankind has ever spawned.

I understand some of you want to see it legalized. Honestly, I am not sure what my position is on it anymore. But it seems that focusing on this when there are so many other important issues out there, is kind of short sighted.

What does it matter if marijuana is legalized if we are unemployed, have no control over our health care, have to pay $8 Gasoline, and have widespread corruption through the system?
There's something to be said, for minimizing stress!

Never allow a "conservative" to see you "sweat". You've no obligation to feed their sadistic-nature.

frank01.gif

freak+bros+sunset.jpg

big_10.jpg

the biggest two groups fighting against this type of legislation are:
1) drug cartels
2) big government politicians and their minions

does that tell you anything?
....Not to mention.....

Jonik-Marijuana-User.GIF

Forum List

Back