YES, America CERTAINLY WAS FOUNDED as a CHRISTIAN NATION...

"We do: there are no penalties for being an atheist, no bar to any office"

The idiot here would be the one who took my words above and distorted them. I never claimed an atheist (it's not a religion so shouldn't be capitalized) could be elected currently. ALL I claimed, truthfully, was that there is no legal bar to an atheist running for election for ANY office.

People have previously been certain that a Catholic or a Black could never be elected as POTUS, and certain that a woman or a Jew would never be on a major party's Presidential ticket......

The idiot here would be the one who took my words above and distorted them. I never claimed an atheist (it's not a religion so shouldn't be capitalized) could be elected currently. ALL I claimed, truthfully, was that there is no legal bar to an atheist running for election for ANY office.

People have previously been certain that a Catholic or a Black could never be elected as POTUS, and certain that a woman or a Jew would never be on a major party's Presidential ticket......

Ok tard, ONE DAY you think an atheist will be prez? :dig:

Ok tard, ONE DAY you think an atheist will be prez? :dig:

I'll go with a smart man any time:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature." ~ Dr. Albert Einstein~

Sorry bout that,

1. Obama is no Christian folks, sorry to break the news to you.
2. If anything he is a muslim, having a two hour prayer service at the DNC Convention, that the *PISS BOY MEDIA* didn't air.
3. Hummmm,.......now who is carrying the water for this muslim sack of shit?
4. Turn off the news channels folks, they are after the over throw of America.
5. The evidence is clear, when the shit hits the fan, first thing we need to clear the decks of is the *PISS BOY MEDIA* and *ALL* its workings, including the news casters.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Ima, why don't you explain why you think it's impossible for an atheist to become president?

WoW! You really are a major retard if you need an explanation. :lmao:

No, YOU are the one not equipped to debate, which is probably why you've focused on those feeble attempts to insult me.

My assertion is that it's possible because it's not forbidden by law. To support it, I've cited other 'impossible' things which have come to pass.

Logically, you would be presenting *reasons* why you consider it impossible - and so far, all you've done is make derogatory remarks. I fail to see where your opinion of my intelligence is relevant to the discussion, or where it constitutes anything approaching a reason for your assertion.

It would appear you've no concept of how to debate a topic.

Ima, why don't you explain why you think it's impossible for an atheist to become president?

WoW! You really are a major retard if you need an explanation. :lmao:

No, YOU are the one not equipped to debate, which is probably why you've focused on those feeble attempts to insult me.

My assertion is that it's possible because it's not forbidden by law. To support it, I've cited other 'impossible' things which have come to pass.

Logically, you would be presenting *reasons* why you consider it impossible - and so far, all you've done is make derogatory remarks. I fail to see where your opinion of my intelligence is relevant to the discussion, or where it constitutes anything approaching a reason for your assertion.

It would appear you've no concept of how to debate a topic.

You think that an atheist could get elected prez and you want to debate it. Sorry, I don't debate stupid. :D

Of course not. 8% of the population does not wag the dog.

The Tea Party has not learned that basic idea yet, either.

In the United States, the religious civil liberties are guaranteed by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

If we weren't founded as a religious (christian) country, then why don't we have freedom FROM religion?
We do: there are no penalties for being an atheist, no bar to any office.

:lmao: You're such an idiot. Do you actually believe your last statement? You think that an Atheist could get elected Prez of the US? :lol:

Sorry bout that,

1. Obama is no Christian folks, sorry to break the news to you.
2. If anything he is a muslim, having a two hour prayer service at the DNC Convention, that the *PISS BOY MEDIA* didn't air.
3. Hummmm,.......now who is carrying the water for this muslim sack of shit?
4. Turn off the news channels folks, they are after the over throw of America.
5. The evidence is clear, when the shit hits the fan, first thing we need to clear the decks of is the *PISS BOY MEDIA* and *ALL* its workings, including the news casters.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

George Bush and his oil buddies, the Bin Ladens planned and executed the hijackings and destruction on 9/11. As soon as Bush got the word he jumped aboard AirForce 1 and disappeared. The military couldn't even get in touch with him for orders they needed to become combat ready. Then...when all planes had been grounded he authorized a special flight to take about 20 members of the Bin Laden family back to Saudia Arabia. I guess you being from Texas is why you think that dumb bastard actually has some sense.

Muslims are using the UN to stomp all over your freedom of religion and speech (to protect the dead prophet, Mohammed).

Looks like mighty whitey is doing all the stomping.

So where is "mighty whitey" murdering people for not believing as they do? Where are whites burning mosques or pagan temples because they belong to another faith? Where are whites passing laws that other religions cannot be practiced in their countries? Where are whites subjugating women and stoning them in the streets? Where are whites hanging homosexuals (after raping them) because homosexuality is against their religion?

Love how "you people" (against Christian conservatives) look the other way for crimes against man and God, while pointing out insignificant faults of those that you ENVY.

In Iraq, Afghanistan, and America by racist ilk anti American cave dwellers. Has your master Chaney outed any CIA agents lately?

Looks like mighty whitey is doing all the stomping.

So where is "mighty whitey" murdering people for not believing as they do? Where are whites burning mosques or pagan temples because they belong to another faith? Where are whites passing laws that other religions cannot be practiced in their countries? Where are whites subjugating women and stoning them in the streets? Where are whites hanging homosexuals (after raping them) because homosexuality is against their religion?

Love how "you people" (against Christian conservatives) look the other way for crimes against man and God, while pointing out insignificant faults of those that you ENVY.

In Iraq, Afghanistan, and America by racist ilk anti American cave dwellers. Has your master Chaney outed any CIA agents lately?

Are you claiming muslim extremists are "white"?

Any one who supports neo-con imperialism has no reason to expect any respect for their opinions.

I'm agnostic: I don't believe that a god has yet been proven but I leave the door open in the event that someone ever comes up with solid, tangible proof. So my questioning is totally relevant, I'm trying to find some proof out there. I have an enquiring mind. :D
Just answer the question: if he did exist, do you think that the "miracles" attributed to him actually happened?

Sorry, I disagree that you have an "enquiring mind". You are a gutter snipe and seek to degrade the Lord down to your level.

Just for giggles, pretend that you have to explain to the King over all of man why you insulted Him so. Let's see just how "open" your mind really is.
If I meet "the Lord" one day, I'll ask him: why the f didn't you show anyone some proof of your existence?
So in my book, if He wants me to find him, being invisible and living in another dimension isn't getting the job done. So my guess would be that either a) "He" doesn't exist, or b) "He" doesn't want me to find "Him", and wants to force critical thinkers away from "Him" by hiding so well. Know what I mean?

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Sorry, I disagree that you have an "enquiring mind". You are a gutter snipe and seek to degrade the Lord down to your level.

Just for giggles, pretend that you have to explain to the King over all of man why you insulted Him so. Let's see just how "open" your mind really is.
If I meet "the Lord" one day, I'll ask him: why the f didn't you show anyone some proof of your existence?
So in my book, if He wants me to find him, being invisible and living in another dimension isn't getting the job done. So my guess would be that either a) "He" doesn't exist, or b) "He" doesn't want me to find "Him", and wants to force critical thinkers away from "Him" by hiding so well. Know what I mean?

Faith is wishful thinking; the certainty that imaginary things are real. :lol:

Last edited:

I am sorry that you do not understand what faith is.

I understand quite clearly what faith is. But you are free to disagree. I cannot help but notice that despite the obvious opportunity you had, you failed to detail exactly where you think my error is.

I understand quite clearly what faith is. But you are free to disagree. I cannot help but notice that despite the obvious opportunity you had, you failed to detail exactly where you think my error is.

Opportunity? To do what? I said what I thought at that moment.

You are no different than any other human being, you just have not come to the point of realizing there is something bigger than yourself and your thoughts. But I have faith that you will :D

I am not going to point out your errors, I am sure you will realize them in time :D

Faith is complete trust and loyalty in something or someone regardless of how bad things may look.

Opportunity? To do what? I said what I thought at that moment.
I cannot help but notice that despite the obvious opportunity you had, you failed to detail exactly where you think my error is.

You are no different than any other human being, you just have not come to the point of realizing there is something bigger than yourself and your thoughts.
Rather arrogant of you to imply that you know this.

But I have faith that you will :D
Since I know what faith is, and considering how just about everything you know about me is a fabrication of your imagination, I am sure you do.

I am not going to point out your errors, I am sure you will realize them in time :D
Well, that just makes you look like a coward, and a bit of a douche. :D

Forum List

Back