YES, America CERTAINLY WAS FOUNDED as a CHRISTIAN NATION...

It's a non-answerable question.

Whether you can see Him or not is your issue.

Not ours.

You are going to have to live with it.

You have no more right to impose your opinion of agnosticism as do the IDers or Creatinists their silliness.

It's a non-answerable question.

Whether you can see Him or not is your issue.

Not ours.

You are going to have to live with it.

You have no more right to impose your opinion of agnosticism as do the IDers or Creatinists their silliness.

So you're saying that you can see this invisible being?

"Gen. Washington never received the communion in the churches of which I am the parochial minister." -- Bishop White.
"On sacramental Sundays, Gen. Washington, immediately after the desk and pulpit services, went out with the greater part of the Congregation." -- Rev. Dr. Abercromble.
"After that, [Dr. Abercrombie's reproof,] upon communion days, he absented himself altogether from the church." -- Rev. Dr. Wilson.
"The General was accustomed, on communion Sundays, to leave the church with her [Nelly Custis], sending the carriage back for Mrs. Washington. " -- Rev. Dr. Beverly Tucker.
"He never was a communicant in them [Dr. White's churches]." -- Rev. Dr. Bird Wilson.
"I find no one who ever communed with him." -- Rev. William Jackson.
"The President was not a communicant." -- Rev. E.D. Neill.
"This [his ceasing to commune] may be admitted and regretted." -- Rev. Jared Sparks.
"There is no reliable evidence that he ever took communion." -- Gen. A.W. Greely.
"There is nothing to show that he was ever a member of the church." -- St. Louis Globe.
"I have never been a communicant." -- Washington, quoted by Dr. Abercrombie.

FYI. Many people will not take communion if they are in a state of "sin" (that is sins that have not been repented, or knowingly participating in sinful acts, like a soldier might have cause for getting thru battles or even a whole war before they feel they are able to take communion in the right state of mind).

As a person that professes to be like the Christians of that time period, you sure do seem judgemental of a very personal act.

America was not founded as a religious state and even when Britain owned the country the Catholic charter was made to read the church could not interfere with other peoples beliefs.

This nonsense that America was founded by god to allow it's people to expand and murder at will is horse hockey.

You are the only one that has made that statement. But you feel free to hand the country over to "Allah", how do you think your freedoms will be then?

I'm agnostic: I don't believe that a god has yet been proven but I leave the door open in the event that someone ever comes up with solid, tangible proof. So my questioning is totally relevant, I'm trying to find some proof out there. I have an enquiring mind. :D
Just answer the question: if he did exist, do you think that the "miracles" attributed to him actually happened?

Sorry, I disagree that you have an "enquiring mind". You are a gutter snipe and seek to degrade the Lord down to your level.

Just for giggles, pretend that you have to explain to the King over all of man why you insulted Him so. Let's see just how "open" your mind really is.
If I meet "the Lord" one day, I'll ask him: why the f didn't you show anyone some proof of your existence?
So in my book, if He wants me to find him, being invisible and living in another dimension isn't getting the job done. So my guess would be that either a) "He" doesn't exist, or b) "He" doesn't want me to find "Him", and wants to force critical thinkers away from "Him" by hiding so well. Know what I mean?

If the question is uncomfortable for you, make up your own...

Simple. We all have the freedom to believe as we wish, and none of us have the right to force others to believe or not believe.

End of this OP.

The white invaders of Indian lands introduced Christianity to those lands.
They had to murder a lot of the Indians to do so but I'm sure that, along with the rapes, murdering Indian children and so on, were entirely justified.

Yes we brought Christianity with us. That's the point.

The rest of your post is entirely off topic.

Who is we? Is your family from Great Britain?

FYI. Many people will not take communion if they are in a state of "sin" (that is sins that have not been repented, or knowingly participating in sinful acts, like a soldier might have cause for getting thru battles or even a whole war before they feel they are able to take communion in the right state of mind).

As a person that professes to be like the Christians of that time period, you sure do seem judgemental of a very personal act.

America was not founded as a religious state and even when Britain owned the country the Catholic charter was made to read the church could not interfere with other peoples beliefs.

This nonsense that America was founded by god to allow it's people to expand and murder at will is horse hockey.

You are the only one that has made that statement. But you feel free to hand the country over to "Allah", how do you think your freedoms will be then?

You can make all the uninformed remarks you want but the truth is your religious rhetoric does not support the American constitution that makes religious beliefs a personal not political movement. My constitution says all people have a right to their own religious beliefs thats ALL PEOPLE not just any given religious sect. My Constitution also says all men are created equal and our republic is government of the people, by the people, for the people not the religion. :eusa_hand:

Jack, my Constitution says the same as yours.

And that Constitution is the supreme law of our land. NOTHING supersedes it, not even your Bible or mine.

You can make all the uninformed remarks you want but the truth is your religious rhetoric does not support the American constitution that makes religious beliefs a personal not political movement.

The Constitution was written to limit the federal government, not the states and in no way limits the people from engaging in any religiously motivated political movements that they want. So the Constitution prohibits no kind of religious political movement in any way, but only the federal goverenment.

My constitution says all people have a right to their own religious beliefs thats ALL PEOPLE not just any given religious sect.

A relgiously based movement does not necesarily prohibit any other religious expression.

My Constitution also says all men are created equal and our republic is government of the people, by the people, for the people not the religion. :eusa_hand:

The Founding Fathers founded this nation in the belief that it would be a Christian population that lived in it. They had no belief that an amoral population could ever conduct themselves with the self discipline needed to have a successful Republic.

The two lying sacks of shit that are running for President on the Dem and GOP tickets prove that the FF were exactly right.

Exodus 20:3
Deuteronomy 17:2 - 5

VS.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ..."

Game over.

Muslims are using the UN to stomp all over your freedom of religion and speech (to protect the dead prophet, Mohammed).

Looks like mighty whitey is doing all the stomping.

'Mighty whitey'?

So you are a racist as well as an anti-Christian secularist?

And that Constitution is the supreme law of our land. NOTHING supersedes it, not even your Bible or mine.

And WHO says the Bible supercedes the Constitution as the law of the land?

The Bible is morally superior to the Constitution, but not legally superior.

The white invaders of Indian lands introduced Christianity to those lands.
They had to murder a lot of the Indians to do so but I'm sure that, along with the rapes, murdering Indian children and so on, were entirely justified.

Yes we brought Christianity with us. That's the point.

The rest of your post is entirely off topic.

Who is we? Is your family from Great Britain?

Plenty of Christians that came here came from nations other than Britain.

And WHO says the Bible supercedes the Constitution as the law of the land?

The Bible is morally superior to the Constitution, but not legally superior.

Would be nice if you guys actually lived as if you believed that.

AMjZB.jpg

Forum List

Back