Yellow is kaput

And BTW - this is large enough to cause price hikes in a variety of products.
LTL (Less than truck load) and end of the line trucking is a massive part of our nations transportation system.
Yellow is large enough to affect the system quite a bit for months until other companies can absorb it's loads. Won't happen overnight.

Two weeks, wasn't Trump's fault liberal cities stayed shut down for months. Like I said doing what Fauci said was his biggest mistake.

Trump expanded it from 2 weeks to 6 weeks. And Republican cities and states were closed for months.

Fauci advised shutting down. Fact.

The role of the president is to decide which advisor's advice to promote. The buck stopped at Trump's desk, not Fauci. You're also speaking about March, 2020, with today's perspective of covid. But in reality, in March, 2020, much less was known about the virus, a pandemic was declared, there were no viable treatments to fight it and the entire fucking planet was freaked out about it.

HAhaha... whoops had the year wrong.
Okay - then the Trump administration loaned the company $700m despite the company wasn't even worth that much when considering it's debts.

Thanks. That's why I was saying this is Trump's Solyndra.

JC on a cracker. Banks and governments were bailing out YRC back when it was still Roadway and Yellow. They survived for years giving us worthless stock options in place of any sort of genuine compensation. Some with old money apparently insisted upon keeping us going for nostalgic reasons if nothing else. I'm amazed it lasted this long. That said, a lot of good, hard, expert workers just lost their decent paying jobs. :(

This is true.
Companies like this use investor money to subsidize low prices to attract more customers to grow their market share to bump up share values. Rinse-Repeat.
It is a risky strategy, but most CEOs could care less what damage is done to a company long term if they can get short term gains.
I have been saying it for years - CEOs are compensated wrong. Giving massive bonuses based on share value encourages high risk moves and sacrificing the company to make bonuses.
An Enron Economy Run by Ambitious Imbeciles

But liberal cities did. New York didn't open till Biden won. Pretty sad you will lock people down for that long to make Trump look bad.

Big cities squeeze more people into restaurants, bars, gyms, etc. Big cities also had far more cases. So it's not surprising big cities took longer to reopen. New York and Big cities in California did take the longest though. I'm not in a big city and with a Republican governor, it took about 6 months or so to fully reopen.

The economy gets worse everyday... don't fall for the media liars BS... Joe's economy sucks...

I count 9 unions on strike or threatening to strike from one side of the nation to the other... big layoffs are happening from big tech to big trucking and shipping... UPS just barely averted a strike... this striking news and big companies shutting down would be all over the news if Trump were president....

I saw the thread and immediately thought it was the Coldplay song I just so happened to be listening to at the time. :\

Coldplay?

dave-chappelle-half-baked.gif

Forum List

Back