Knight-Swift starts layoffs...America's second largest carrier...due to economic slowdown...

Yellow Freight was having financial difficulties before your boy was President.
Yellow Freight has been in trouble for a long, long time...but they managed to hang in there my entire lifetime and then some.

Yellow was trucking before Carter deregulated the industry in 1979.

This article is from 1978...

Supply chain logistics like Trucking, Shipping and Rail are upstream from Wall St. and Main Street.

When the wave of economic bad news washes towards shore, it hits our sector first.

The collapse of Yellow Freight was likely the first red flag you who depend on Legacy Media heard about, but it was actually the lack of freight that preceded the collapse of spot rates that was a major contributor to Yellow's failure...

This is more bad news...

In other unsettling news...Coyote Logistics, America's third largest freight brokerage has ALSO laid off 7% of it's workforce...

C.H. Robinson, America's largest freight broker has been continuously downsizing it's staff as well...

And last but not least, Schneider National... America's largest multi-modal trucking carrier... Downgraded their economic outlook by 13% in August.

Forewarned is forearmed.

So....Coyote laid off office workers, not drivers.

CH Robinson laid off a total of 300 office workers....worldwide.

And Schneider lowered their outlook due to....

The outlook calls for a slight sequential step down in EPS during the third quarter as the full impact of prior contractual rate negotiations will be felt. However, the fourth quarter should improve from that level as normal seasonality presents some project opportunities.

Did you even open any of your links before making your latest chicken little thread?

The outlook calls for a slight sequential step down in EPS during the third quarter as the full impact of prior contractual rate negotiations will be felt. However, the fourth quarter should improve from that level as normal seasonality presents some project opportunities.

Did you even open any of your links before making your latest chicken little thread?
I suppose it's easier for me to read between the lines.

If you want to to understand the more technical aspects...you cans start here...

But the cliff's notes version is...when freight slows...the largest carriers and the largest brokerages are the last to feel the impact and the first to benefit from any recovery.

If the large carriers and brokerages are still suffering...that's bad news.

Much worse if you're NOT a large carrier.

As for Schneider counting on peak...it's not looking good so far...

From six days ago...

If you want to to understand the more technical aspects...you cans start here...

But the cliff's notes version is...when freight slows...the largest carriers and the largest brokerages are the last to feel the impact and the first to benefit from any recovery.

Much worse if you're NOT a large carrier.

As for Schneider counting on peak...it's not looking good so far...

From six days ago...

70% of the domestic economy is retail and services; trucking is indeed a measure of what is happening, not Wall Street bubbles built on 7 or 10 giant companies like Apple and MS.

The fun part about reading between the lines is you can make it say whatever you want.

From your own link the large carriers are not "still suffering", they are below last years levels (meaning they were not suffering last year) due to retailers being over stocked after all the good hung up during COVID were finally received.

Lets face it, you need economic disaster to happen to help the chances for your beloved party to gain a few more votes. Everything you read between the lines is based on the hope and prayer that the US economy tanks sometimes in the near future. As long as your beloved party gains a few more votes you do not give a flying fuck about the pain caused in the process

The fun part about reading between the lines is you can make it say whatever you want.

From your own link the large carriers are not "still suffering", they are below last years levels (meaning they were not suffering last year) due to retailers being over stocked after all the good hung up during COVID were finally received.

Lets face it, you need economic disaster to happen to help the chances for your beloved party to gain a few more votes. Everything you read between the lines is based on the hope and prayer that the US economy tanks sometimes in the near future. As long as your beloved party gains a few more votes you do not give a flying fuck about the pain caused in the process
It works both ways. Democrats wanted the Trump economy to tank.

Lets face it, you need economic disaster to happen to help the chances for your beloved party to gain a few more votes. E

Let's face it, your Party is just as fond of billionaire robber barons, racial violence, and sexual fetishists as any other gang of sociopaths, and you need to lie constantly to gain a few more votes.

So no more trucker shortage?

Cool. Maybe they can get my packages here on time for a change.
Wow.... That's not right...It's so far off it's not even wrong.

This is the indicator of REAL INFLATION....not the heavily doctored picked cherries DC is constantly putting out.

Jo

Last edited:
The Biden economy is doing anything but tanking.
Oh man.... I sure hope there's still room on the reservation for you johnny-slow...Not only is this economy tanking it's heading for an historic implosion.
Having said that let me also say that there has been some improvement on grocery prices however. Let's hope that continues.

Oh man.... I sure hope there's still room on the reservation for you johnny-slow...Not only is this economy tanking it's heading for an historic implosion.
Having said that let me also say that there has been some improvement on grocery prices however. Let's hope that continues.
No, it is not. As long as UE is historically low, as long as we have 8mm good paying jobs available, as long as consumer spending is so strong ~~ the economy is not tanking.

The real problem will be if the Chinese slowdown crashes.

We are all in trouble then.

No, it is not. As long as UE is historically low, as long as we have 8mm good paying jobs available, as long as consumer spending is so strong ~~ the economy is not tanking.

The real problem will be if the Chinese slowdown crashes.

We are all in trouble then.
Employment is meaningless in the face of a devaluating currency... This is why we now have a growing number of working homeless.

If you think the economy isn't bad already, you're living in a dream world.

And IGNORING the pain American's are already suffering.

If you think the economy isn't bad already, you're living in a dream world.

Not a dream world, just a successful one.

Sorry your life is sucking. Maybe you should do something to better your situation.

This was already mentioned upthread. Learn to read. Cocky asshole.

Not a dream world, just a successful one.

Sorry your life is sucking. Maybe you should do something to better your situation.
And YOU are giving ME a lecture about "...as long as your beloved party gains a few more votes you do not give a flying fuck about the pain caused in the process..."

What a joke.

Forum List

Back