Yellow is kaput

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014

Never paid the taxpayer back for their bailout. After talking to a Yellow driver last week I cant believe some of the stuff they let their employees do. One that would get me fired on the spot is disabling the collision avoidance system.

Yellow Fright has sucked for years. Crap drivers and equipment. When I worked for Dupont we would not allow their drivers to back into our docks because they kept fucking up. We made them drop their trailer and our spotter tractor moved it.

Yellow has ceased operations. 30,000 employees, 12,000 trucks

Trucking giant Yellow collapsed on Sunday, ceasing operations immediately and leaving some 30,000 workers without jobs.

The closure is the biggest in terms of jobs and revenue in the U.S. trucking industry, according to The Wall Street Journal - which first reported its shutdown.

The company, which received $700 million in federal COVID relief funds in 2020, is preparing to file for bankruptcy and is in talks to sell off all or parts of the business.

The nearly 100-year-old firm is known for its competitive pricing and has more than 12,000 trucks shipping freight across the US for brands including Walmart and Home Depot.

Wow. You would think a company that old in a nation like the U.S that requires transport would never go under. What challenges did they face?

Yellow has ceased operations. 30,000 employees, 12,000 trucks

Trucking giant Yellow collapsed on Sunday, ceasing operations immediately and leaving some 30,000 workers without jobs.

The closure is the biggest in terms of jobs and revenue in the U.S. trucking industry, according to The Wall Street Journal - which first reported its shutdown.

The company, which received $700 million in federal COVID relief funds in 2020, is preparing to file for bankruptcy and is in talks to sell off all or parts of the business.

The nearly 100-year-old firm is known for its competitive pricing and has more than 12,000 trucks shipping freight across the US for brands including Walmart and Home Depot.

When I ran out of podcasts and books to listen to while driving around Texas this past weekend, I listened to XM Radio. One of the stations they have is for truck drivers. This was a hot topic of discussion.

I didn't know Yellow was such a large player in the LTL industry--that means Less Than Truckload to the uninformed. What that also means is that they perform a lot of the "last mile" deliveries; not warehouse to depot but from depot to customer/wholesaler. Of all of the links in the supply chain; this is arguably the most crucial.

It was brought up by more than one of the guests that Yellow may fall into that category of being "too big to fail".

I didn't know Yellow was such a large player in the LTL industry--that means Less Than Truckload to the uninformed. What that also means is that they perform a lot of the "last mile" deliveries; not warehouse to depot but from depot to customer/wholesaler. Of all of the links in the supply chain; this is arguably the most crucial.

HOLY SHIT! :shock:

Mark this day in history!!!

CanOcorn actually posted something worth reading!

Forum List

Back