Yea Obama

Why the fuck would I care if it helps Obama? :cuckoo:

Moron.

Because you are arguing against those who are pointing out what Obama listened to in Rev Wright's Church for 20 years.

Now there has to be a reason WHY you object to those obvervations about Rev Wright's Church.

Now, either Obama fully knew what Wright was saying, agreed with it and that's why he went to that Church.

OR Obama was being "forced" to go (as you suggest) by his family.

If you don't care about Obama, then why make so many excuses for him?

It just doesn't wash.

What I have been doing is arguing that we can never truly know what is in another's heart. If you haven't read the whole thread, or at least my part in it, that's where this all started. I just said that it's not a fact what Obama believed, not that he didn't believe it. I am just saying that only Obama himself can know for certain. I have no problem with anyone who thinks he was a devoted follower of Wright. The discussion simply got a bit out of hand when I was attacked for my original statement.

I've let this get to me, which I usually don't do with message board stuff (or at least, I usually don't let that translate into my posting). I'd like to let this whole thing go as a case of me being unclear in what I mean.

What I have been doing is arguing that we can never truly know what is in another's heart.

This only applies to those who call themself Christian and obama has done that

so without any further delay:

Mathew 7 :16
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

1 John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

LOL...Gunny grunts, then he farts and a whole bunch of worshipers line up to tell him it smells like roses.

Moron.

Because you are arguing against those who are pointing out what Obama listened to in Rev Wright's Church for 20 years.

Now there has to be a reason WHY you object to those obvervations about Rev Wright's Church.

Now, either Obama fully knew what Wright was saying, agreed with it and that's why he went to that Church.

It just doesn't wash.

What I have been doing is arguing that we can never truly know what is in another's heart. If you haven't read the whole thread, or at least my part in it, that's where this all started. I just said that it's not a fact what Obama believed, not that he didn't believe it. I am just saying that only Obama himself can know for certain. I have no problem with anyone who thinks he was a devoted follower of Wright. The discussion simply got a bit out of hand when I was attacked for my original statement.

I've let this get to me, which I usually don't do with message board stuff (or at least, I usually don't let that translate into my posting). I'd like to let this whole thing go as a case of me being unclear in what I mean.

Of course what you meant to write was "Look, obviously he didn't sit in a church for 20 years without believing what they were teaching, but I'll lose points with the Obamanation if I admit that, so I'd rather this whole discussion just went away"

Stop being a brain dead zombie for Obama and admit that it is an obvious fact that no one attends a church for 20 years that they don't agree with.

PS - You do know that Obama's whole defense was that those types of sermons were never given when he attended right? He didn't say "Oh I was there and I just didn't agree with those messages " instead he tried to act like Wright only preached hate when Obama wasn't around.

It just doesn't wash.

Of course what you meant to write was "Look, obviously he didn't sit in a church for 20 years without believing what they were teaching, but I'll lose points with the Obamanation if I admit that, so I'd rather this whole discussion just went away"

Stop being a brain dead zombie for Obama and admit that it is an obvious fact that no one attends a church for 20 years that they don't agree with.

PS - You do know that Obama's whole defense was that those types of sermons were never given when he attended right? He didn't say "Oh I was there and I just didn't agree with those messages " instead he tried to act like Wright only preached hate when Obama wasn't around.

Sorry, but I DID attend a church I disagreed with socially and politically for more than 20 years. Why? Because my friends and family were there. I didn't believe the social gospel that was preached and frequently complained about it. The basic doctrine was okay and I had no problems with that.

BUT. . . .having said that. . . .I most definitely did by my presence tolerate and condone that social gospel even though I did not personally embrace it. I thought it wrong then and I think it wrong now. But it was a "Democrat" kind of social gospel, fuzzy headed but well intended, not one that encouraged people to resent and hate people. It was not until the doctrine shifted to one I could no longer tolerate that I left.

I would not have accepted a gospel of black liberation theology, Marxist concepts, and teaching people to resent and oppose people of another race. And a pastor who obviously promoted a political candidate from the pulpit would have been dismissed within the week.

America has become so Dumbed-Down that silly slogans like "Hope & Change" really do work with so many. There have been many many broken Hopey Changey promises. The Patriot Act is just one. We've seen even more stunning dishonesty & hypocrisy from him on raising the Debt Limit too. Just go back and read his own rants about how awful the Patriot Act & raising Debt Limits were when he was a Senator. Now it's suddenly "Raising the Debt Limit is a good thing and is absolutely vital for the very survival of our Nation." In the end "Hope & Change" really does = "You silly suckas will believe anything wont ya?" It's very sad.

Last edited:

The ignorance of voters should concern us all.

But more importantly, the media that no longer reports the news objectively but is either an advocate/protector of their chosen icon or an attack machine going after any threat to their chosen icon, should be of greater concern.

The media obviously is able to dictate what the average man or woman on the street knows and thinks about just about everything.

And of course a Fox News or conservative talk radio or any source that might provide a more balanced perspective is demonized to make sure it has as little influence as possible.

The last woman to speak in the video sums it up.."I an not as informed as I thought I was, but I'm still not going to change my vote."
This is a nation filled with uninformed or those who just do not take the time to care type people. People when when they enter the polling place have not a clue about for whom or what they are about to vote.
The fact that the political Left's agenda to create as much dependency on government to acquire political power is derived from instances such as what is in the video.
A bunch of simple minded uninformed ninnies who hear what they want to hear and will vote for candidates who most likely to create or support policy that benefits them.
As long as we have morons like this eligible to vote, we are going to struggle as a nation.

Last edited:
obama.jpeg

Moron.

It just doesn't wash.

Oh please stop the nonsense.
Here's some cold hard logic....One does not participate in an activity for 20 years if he or she is not convinced what they are doing is in their best interest. TO believe that, one must then be accepting of the message.
This "heart" thing is a spin cover-up. No one buys it. So please..Stop pushing this notion of not knowing what was in his heart. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. He was there and a willing participant.

Gotta love their "Hope & Change"...Or do ya? For example,this President and the Democrats were absolutely vicious in condemning DA BOOOSH for raising Debt Limits. Now raising the Debt Limit is suddenly wonderful and essential for the survival of our Nation? It still shocks me that people can be blatantly lied to their faces yet still run around boasting about their "Hope & Change." Are Americans becoming Dumber or what? SHEESH!

It just doesn't wash.

Here's some cold hard logic....One does not participate in an activity for 20 years if he or she is not convinced what they are doing is in their best interest. TO believe that, one must then be accepting of the message.
This "heart" thing is a spin cover-up. No one buys it. So please..Stop pushing this notion of not knowing what was in his heart. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. He was there and a willing participant.
I don’t understand your guys complaints on this. Montrovant already capitulated this to you as clarified that it was not his intent in our exchange in this post:
Completely true. He went to the church, he owns that, whether he believed in what was being said or not.
Let it ride, this is a non issue now.

Gotta love their "Hope & Change"...Or do ya? For example,this President and the Democrats were absolutely vicious in condemning DA BOOOSH for raising Debt Limits. Now raising the Debt Limit is suddenly wonderful and essential for the survival of our Nation? It still shocks me that people can be blatantly lied to their faces yet still run around boasting about their "Hope & Change." Are Americans becoming Dumber or what? SHEESH!

Yes especially the Moocher Class of Americans that refuse to do for themselves.

I don’t understand your guys complaints on this. Montrovant already capitulated this to you as clarified that it was not his intent in our exchange in this post:
Completely true. He went to the church, he owns that, whether he believed in what was being said or not.

Sorry but it is an issue. By the time the 2012 election rolls around we will have had four years with our current President. We will have four years of evaluating what he meant by 'hope and change' or many other slogans that were used as if they were from God's lips to our ear. We have four years of evaluating the kinds of people he has appointed from czars to radical extremists in positions where they can do some serious damage.

And with another campaign firing up, those who aren't idiots will be rethinking some of those phrases from his two autobiographies, will be evaluating what he was in fact condoning in a church that celebrated Louis Farrakkhan as a great leader, posted black liberation theology on their website (until it became a liability for Obama and they took it down) and promoted a definite Marxist theology.

Obama had to sell himself in the first campaign. He has to sell himself in the next one PLUS defend a record that is going to be pretty difficult to defend to anybody who hasn't drunk the kook-ade.

Sorry but it is an issue. By the time the 2012 election rolls around we will have had four years with our current President. We will have four years of evaluating what he meant by 'hope and change' or many other slogans that were used as if they were from God's lips to our ear. We have four years of evaluating the kinds of people he has appointed from czars to radical extremists in positions where they can do some serious damage.

And with another campaign firing up, those who aren't idiots will be rethinking some of those phrases from his two autobiographies, will be evaluating what he was in fact condoning in a church that celebrated Louis Farrakkhan as a great leader, posted black liberation theology on their website (until it became a liability for Obama and they took it down) and promoted a definite Marxist theology.

Obama had to sell himself in the first campaign. He has to sell himself in the next one PLUS defend a record that is going to be pretty difficult to defend to anybody who hasn't drunk the kook-ade.

I don't want to presume to speak for FA_Q2, but I think what is a non-issue is just my posts about never being completely certain what another person thinks. Of course Obama's relationship with Wright will be an important factor in people's thinking. And not being 100% certain doesn't mean there isn't any evidence. :)

That's what I got from his post, not that Obama's time at the church wasn't relevant.

Forum List

Back