Yale Study Shows That Scientific Literacy Correlates With Scepticism!

Oh no, I had read the study thouroughly. I just like leaving little missives to see who runs with them as you most kindly did.

You purposefully post misleading titles to imply that research papers you believe are shoddy support positions you hold, even though you know they don't suggest what you pretend they do? I've seen a fair amount of intellectual dishonesty in my time, but never exhibited so brazenly and gleefully.

Such intellectual dishonesty is SOP for this boards partisans, GB.

One wonders if it is done out of sheer ignorance or perverse spite.

Often I suspect it is a little of both.

Partisans, at least the ones who frequent this place, aren't particularly intelligent or well educated people to begin with.

They don't really understand that what they think is passing for clever reparte is fairly obvious to some of us as nothing more than intellectual dishonesty.

To many of them the word intellectual isn't an honorable phrase, anyway, it's an epithet.

funny as hell.........the dumb guys are winning!!:rock:

anybody who works in a technology field knows that many of the papers published in their field are a bit flaky and at best just a start in a certain direction. most stunning new ideas wither on the vine. unfortunately climate science got big press and big funding to create wilder ideas and wilder methodologies to feed global hysteria. Mann's hockey stick methods should have been dismissed by now but the money and prestige has turned it into 'zombie science'. zombie science is research that only continues because of funding and political clout to produce more funding, not because it produces functional results.

anyone with a college level IQ and a few stats courses should be able to figure out that a lot of climate science just doesnt pass the smell test.

Forum List

Back