WTF is this? I can't vote Repub in Calif for POTUS?

Just got a notice in the mail that I HAVE to fill out in order to vote for POTUS. But...it only lists 3 choices: American Independent, Democratic, Libertarian. Thats it.
What some of it says:

To vote in the Presidential Primary for the Green, Peace and Freedom, or Republican Party, you must re-register to vote with one of those parties.

I heard somewhere that California was not even going to put Trump as a choice on the ballot. WTF? Since when are our votes not allowed for any certain party??? Is this legal?
CA made it a law that you have to release your tax returns to be on their presidential ballot.

Sorry about your luck.

And it is not legal!

The Constitution does not dictate you must show your Tax Returns to run for President...

What is funny Progressives like you use Tax Returns to oppress the vote but whine about Voter ID...

California tried that sneaky trick, but it failed. That doesn't mean there won't be plenty of vote fraud there though. If they'd stoop that low, you know damned well they have other tricks up there sleeve.

Just got a notice in the mail that I HAVE to fill out in order to vote for POTUS. But...it only lists 3 choices: American Independent, Democratic, Libertarian. Thats it.
What some of it says:

To vote in the Presidential Primary for the Green, Peace and Freedom, or Republican Party, you must re-register to vote with one of those parties.

I heard somewhere that California was not even going to put Trump as a choice on the ballot. WTF? Since when are our votes not allowed for any certain party??? Is this legal?

It's not a big deal. Those letters weren't sent to everybody. They were only sent to people whose voting record indicates they voted for Trump. The preferred voters just keep doing what they have been doing.

That would be considered "election interference." California's fixing to get dick-slapped.

Feel free to take it to court. By the time all the appeals are done, and it makes it to the Supremes, the election will be over. It's just Trump supporters anyway. There can't be more than a couple dozen of them in California anyway.
Too Late... The 9th Circuit slapped it down hard and SCOTUS refuses to hear the case.. The law is dead.

Link?
Here is the suit---> Judicial Watch Sues over California Law Requiring Presidential Candidates Appearing on Primary Ballot to Disclose Tax Returns - Judicial Watch

Here is the Cali Supreme Court article-----> California Supreme Court Strikes Down Tax Return Disclosure Law

What some of it says:

CA made it a law that you have to release your tax returns to be on their presidential ballot.

Sorry about your luck.

And it is not legal!

The Constitution does not dictate you must show your Tax Returns to run for President...

What is funny Progressives like you use Tax Returns to oppress the vote but whine about Voter ID...

California tried that sneaky trick, but it failed. That doesn't mean there won't be plenty of vote fraud there though. If they'd stoop that low, you know damned well they have other tricks up there sleeve.

It is amazing how the Progressives love the idea of showing Tax Returns when it was Nixon that started that tradition...

What some of it says:

Does not really matter. California does not have any electricity to power the voting booths.

It's not a big deal. Those letters weren't sent to everybody. They were only sent to people whose voting record indicates they voted for Trump. The preferred voters just keep doing what they have been doing.

That would be considered "election interference." California's fixing to get dick-slapped.

Feel free to take it to court. By the time all the appeals are done, and it makes it to the Supremes, the election will be over. It's just Trump supporters anyway. There can't be more than a couple dozen of them in California anyway.
Too Late... The 9th Circuit slapped it down hard and SCOTUS refuses to hear the case.. The law is dead.

Link?
Here is the suit---> Judicial Watch Sues over California Law Requiring Presidential Candidates Appearing on Primary Ballot to Disclose Tax Returns - Judicial Watch

Here is the Cali Supreme Court article-----> California Supreme Court Strikes Down Tax Return Disclosure Law

That's not what the OP was talking about dumb ass.

What some of it says:

That's what Primaries are all about....didn't you know that?

What some of it says:

Actual, the COTUS doesn't require any election at all. It leaves completely up to the states how they choose their Elector set. So yeah they can do whatever they like, including not even having an election.

MrG is die hard democrat. Even he said "that ain't right to give just 3 choices. Good thing you read the backside".

You just have a "closed" primary, Gracie. They want you registered with a political party in order to vote in that party's primary. It's one of the rare reasons to register with a political party at all.

And it's a waste of time. Here in NC I can vote in whichever primary I want. Unfortunately I can't vote in both though.

Ultimately what's the point. A party is going to nominate who it wants, primary or no primary. Primaries are bread and circus put there for illusion. At best a popularity contest focus group to tell the party what's "marketable".

What some of it says:

If you're registered as a republican already, and you've voted in the last 6 years, there should be no reason to re-register. If it were me, I'd call your county registrar and ask some questions.

Last edited:
What some of it says:

Actual, the COTUS doesn't require any election at all. It leaves completely up to the states how they choose their Elector set. So yeah they can do whatever they like, including not even having an election.

Fine with me. Without California, Trump would have won 1.4 million more popular votes than Hillary.

Without California, Trump Would've Won 1.4 Million More Popular Votes Than Clinton

What some of it says:

Flee California, it’s bliss in the outside world.

What some of it says:

Sorry about your luck.

And it is not legal!

It is amazing how the Progressives love the idea of showing Tax Returns when it was Nixon that started that tradition...

Actually it was George Romney. In 1967.
Even then, "Progressives" had been going for two generations.

Last edited:
What some of it says:

Fine with me. Without California, Trump would have won 1.4 million more popular votes than Hillary.

Without California, Trump Would've Won 1.4 Million More Popular Votes Than Clinton

And without those 74 points we gave up in the first half our team WOULDA won the game.

Your point?

They tried to keep him off the ballot unless he released his tax returns but it was struck down by the courts. They want you reregister just to make it hard for you to vote for him in the primary. Dems like to play those games, they don't really believe in democracy.

What some of it says:

Sorry about your luck.

And it is not legal!

Actually it was George Romney. In 1968.

George Romney was not the main ticket Presidential candidate that year and was the son of a Former FLDS member and was born in Mexico...

So quit moving the goal posts because it was Nixon that was the first main ticket Presidential Candidate to show start this tradition and you know it!

Sorry about your luck.

And it is not legal!

Actually it was George Romney. In 1967.

George Romney was not the main ticket Presidential candidate that year and was the son of a Former FLDS member and was born in Mexico...

So quit moving the goal posts because it was Nixon that was the first Presidential Candidate to show start this tradition and you know it!

Nope. It was George Romney, running in the primary that year. Actually the previous year.

>> United Press International reported in 1967 that "Republican president contender George W. Romney, in a move believed without precedent in American politics, Saturday made public his income tax returns for the last 12 years. Look magazine said an examination of the Michigan governor's standard "1040 forms" filed with the Internal Revenue Service since 1955 showed he made $2,972,023.58 over the period." << -- Politico
Here's a clipping from the St. Joseph Gazette with the UPI story dated November 27 1967.

>> Many presidential candidates in the past have disclosed their net assets, stock holdings and other financial data which might relate to the public trust. But Romney was believed the first to make his income tax returns public -- including his annual wages, dividends, interest, capital gains and other compensation.<<
Twelve years worth, back to 1955.

Last edited:
And it is not legal!

Actually it was George Romney. In 1968.

So quit moving the goal posts because it was Nixon that was the first Presidential Candidate to show start this tradition and you know it!

Nope. It was George Romney, running in the primary that year.

So he was not the Nominee and had he won he was going to be challenged if he was legal to run for President!

So the first Presidential Nominee to show his tax returns was Nixon and you know it, so shove your nonsense you partisan hack!

Also why are those like you wanting to suppress voters by leaving off a main political party candidate?

That is against The Law.

And people want to trust these assholes with abolishing The Electoral College?

Did you contact The Republican Party?

upload_2019-12-13_20-46-21.jpeg

What some of it says:

What some of it says:

No it's not legal.

Jo

That was turned over and Called Unconstitutional”. If they are still pulling that crap, then they are breaking the law.
But that’s what lawless sinners on their way to Hell for eternity do.

What some of it says:

Sorry about your luck.

Forum List

Back