WTF is this? I can't vote Repub in Calif for POTUS?

That is against The Law.

And people want to trust these assholes with abolishing The Electoral College?

Did you contact The Republican Party?

View attachment 294687

Just got a notice in the mail that I HAVE to fill out in order to vote for POTUS. But...it only lists 3 choices: American Independent, Democratic, Libertarian. Thats it.
What some of it says:
To vote in the Presidential Primary for the Green, Peace and Freedom, or Republican Party, you must re-register to vote with one of those parties.

I heard somewhere that California was not even going to put Trump as a choice on the ballot. WTF? Since when are our votes not allowed for any certain party??? Is this legal?

Oh do go on please. Tell the class what "law" even requires a Presidential election at all, let alone a primary.

Personally, I would be calling the news stations to show they tried to get away with it. Why should you have to reregister if you are a Republican, but the other parties?

You are a scum bag. If you are living in America, I hope you get deported.

WTF is wrong with assholes like you?

Go back to sucking Stalin’s dead frozen dick!

Just got a notice in the mail that I HAVE to fill out in order to vote for POTUS. But...it only lists 3 choices: American Independent, Democratic, Libertarian. Thats it.
What some of it says:

To vote in the Presidential Primary for the Green, Peace and Freedom, or Republican Party, you must re-register to vote with one of those parties.

I heard somewhere that California was not even going to put Trump as a choice on the ballot. WTF? Since when are our votes not allowed for any certain party??? Is this legal?

It's not a big deal. Those letters weren't sent to everybody. They were only sent to people whose voting record indicates they voted for Trump. The preferred voters just keep doing what they have been doing.

That would be considered "election interference." California's fixing to get dick-slapped.

Feel free to take it to court. By the time all the appeals are done, and it makes it to the Supremes, the election will be over. It's just Trump supporters anyway. There can't be more than a couple dozen of them in California anyway.

What some of it says:

CA made it a law that you have to release your tax returns to be on their presidential ballot.

Sorry about your luck.

Given that CA is not into enforcing laws and obstructing law enforcement, your post is weak.

California tried that sneaky trick, but it failed. That doesn't mean there won't be plenty of vote fraud there though. If they'd stoop that low, you know damned well they have other tricks up there sleeve.

It is amazing how the Progressives love the idea of showing Tax Returns when it was Nixon that started that tradition...

Actually it was George Romney. In 1968.
Even then, "Progressives" had been going for two generations.

George Romney was not the main ticket Presidential candidate that year and was the son of a Former FLDS member and was born in Mexico...

So quit moving the goal posts because it was Nixon that was the first Presidential Candidate to show start this tradition and you know it!

Nope. It was George Romney, running in the primary that year.

So he was not the Nominee and had he won he was going to be challenged if he was legal to run for President!

So the first Presidential Nominee to show his tax returns was Nixon and you know it, so shove your nonsense you partisan hack!

Also why are those like you wanting to suppress voters by leaving off a main political party candidate?

You didn't say "nominee" until you were corrected, goalpost-mover. You said, quote, "it was Nixon that started that tradition".

Whelp --- it wasn't. It was Romney. At least the continuous run. Actually, fifteen years earlier, Adlai Stevenson and his running mate John Sparkman had released their tax returns, calling Nixon's bluff, who was then a VP candidate and already in hot water that culminated in the infamous "Checkers Speech".

>> In his famous "Checkers speech," in which he painted himself as an American everyman struggling to make ends meet, Nixon called on the Democratic candidates for president and vice president — Adlai Stevenson and John Sparkman — to "come before the American people, as I have, and make a complete financial statement as to their financial history." He added, "And if they don't, it will be an admission that they have something to hide."

Stevenson and Sparkman matched Nixon's disclosures and upped the ante. They released 10 years of returns, far more information than Nixon provided, and demanded that the Republican candidates do the same. In response, Eisenhower grudgingly released a summary of his tax returns but refused to release the forms. Nixon, however, refused to release anything related to his taxes.

After his loss to John Kennedy in 1960, Nixon retreated from the public eye, moving to New York to work as a lawyer. In 1967, he sought the presidency again, facing off against Michigan Gov. George Romney (father of Mitt).

In the primary season, George Romney set a new standard for transparency. He released a dozen years of his returns to Look magazine. They revealed that he had made plenty of money but had also given much of it to charity. The disclosures cemented Romney's reputation for outsized business acumen and remarkable generosity.

Look then went to Nixon, who proved distinctly less forthcoming. He permitted a writer to inspect photocopies of his returns, but only three years' worth. A subsequent investigation by the Los Angeles Times raised questions about some of Nixon's tax claims, but nothing came of them. << -- Nixon's Failed Effort to Withhold his Tax Returns

Nixon's creative deductions were a somewhat forgotten fallout of Watergate but it was what the "I'm not a crook" line referred to. He got slapped with a back-tax bill of $471,431 plus interest.

So ----------------------------- nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno. Claiming that Richard Nixon of all creatures started the tradition of disclosing tax returns is wild fiction. George Romney was not the first but was the first in a continuous line that ended with Rump. Nixon was kicking and screaming all the way.

Last edited:
Chains Commie
Ass lickers like you want to out on Lady Liberty!

What some of it says:

It's not a big deal. Those letters weren't sent to everybody. They were only sent to people whose voting record indicates they voted for Trump. The preferred voters just keep doing what they have been doing.

That would be considered "election interference." California's fixing to get dick-slapped.

Feel free to take it to court. By the time all the appeals are done, and it makes it to the Supremes, the election will be over. It's just Trump supporters anyway. There can't be more than a couple dozen of them in California anyway.
Too Late... The 9th Circuit slapped it down hard and SCOTUS refuses to hear the case.. The law is dead.

Link?

They have given themselves over to Evil.
They tried to keep him off the ballot unless he released his tax returns but it was struck down by the courts. They want you reregister just to make it hard for you to vote for him in the primary. Dems like to play those games, they don't really believe in democracy.

What some of it says:

I have that notification too. Got mine maybe three weeks ago. County ROVs run at different speeds.

The passing of California's Proposition 14 in 2010 changed the voting in the Primaries. All voters get the same ballot with only two exceptions: voting for President/Vice-President (federal office) and voting for political party central committee members.

Therefore, to vote for President (and Central Committee members), you have to belong to that political party. However, for "no party preference" voters, and that's what this mailer is about, select parties will allow NPP voters to vote for President/VP. The Republican Party has chosen not to allow outsiders to determine their candidates.

So If I want to vote for the Republican candidate(s), I'd need to re-register as Republican to do so. Same with the Greens.

These notifications give ROVs advance time for a NPP voter to choose another party's ballot or to re-register to choose another party's ballot.

Law was struck down.

What some of it says:

Actual, the COTUS doesn't require any election at all. It leaves completely up to the states how they choose their Elector set. So yeah they can do whatever they like, including not even having an election.

Fine with me. Without California, Trump would have won 1.4 million more popular votes than Hillary.

Without California, Trump Would've Won 1.4 Million More Popular Votes Than Clinton
10000 votes in a few states would have swung the EC for H. Clinton.

What some of it says:

That's bullshit, unless it is a primary.

What some of it says:

That's bullshit, unless it is a primary.

It's a primary

What some of it says:

CA made it a law that you have to release your tax returns to be on their presidential ballot.

Sorry about your luck.

Unconstitutional in a presidential election. They risk having all votes trashed.

What some of it says:

Sorry about your luck.

Unconstitutional in a presidential election. They risk having all votes trashed.

Where does the Constitution say anything at all about having a presidential election?
Or about political parties?

What some of it says:

Actual, the COTUS doesn't require any election at all. It leaves completely up to the states how they choose their Elector set. So yeah they can do whatever they like, including not even having an election.

Fine with me. Without California, Trump would have won 1.4 million more popular votes than Hillary.

Without California, Trump Would've Won 1.4 Million More Popular Votes Than Clinton
10000 votes in a few states would have swung the EC for H. Clinton.

Didn't happen. :113:

What some of it says:

Sorry about your luck.

Where does the Constitution say anything at all about having a presidential election?
Or about political parties?

Maybe if you read it you would learn the requirements - the only requirements - to run for office.

Maybe.

What some of it says:

Sorry about your luck.
Your a fucking idiot...
That law was given the boot by SCOTUS.. They can not subvert FEDERAL LAW...
You just destroyed creepy and bingdogs wet dream must suck to watch CNN all the time and not have any idea of what is going on.

Forum List

Back