WTF is this? I can't vote Repub in Calif for POTUS?

Just got a notice in the mail that I HAVE to fill out in order to vote for POTUS. But...it only lists 3 choices: American Independent, Democratic, Libertarian. Thats it.
What some of it says:

To vote in the Presidential Primary for the Green, Peace and Freedom, or Republican Party, you must re-register to vote with one of those parties.

I heard somewhere that California was not even going to put Trump as a choice on the ballot. WTF? Since when are our votes not allowed for any certain party??? Is this legal?
CA made it a law that you have to release your tax returns to be on their presidential ballot.

Sorry about your luck.

Unconstitutional in a presidential election. They risk having all votes trashed.

Where does the Constitution say anything at all about having a presidential election?
Or about political parties?

Maybe if you read it you would learn the requirements - the only requirements - to run for office.

Maybe.

Are you trying to say "Jeepers Mistah Pogo, you're right, it doesn't say anything, my bad"?

Don't grovel. I hate that.

Just got a notice in the mail that I HAVE to fill out in order to vote for POTUS. But...it only lists 3 choices: American Independent, Democratic, Libertarian. Thats it.
What some of it says:

To vote in the Presidential Primary for the Green, Peace and Freedom, or Republican Party, you must re-register to vote with one of those parties.

I heard somewhere that California was not even going to put Trump as a choice on the ballot. WTF? Since when are our votes not allowed for any certain party??? Is this legal?
CA made it a law that you have to release your tax returns to be on their presidential ballot.

Sorry about your luck.

Unconstitutional in a presidential election. They risk having all votes trashed.

Where does the Constitution say anything at all about having a presidential election?

Maybe if you read it you would learn the requirements - the only requirements - to run for office.

Maybe.

Are you trying to say "Jeepers Mistah Pogo, you're right, it doesn't say anything, my bad"?

I believe you meant "gravel". You just had a bath in it.

What some of it says:

Sorry about your luck.

You should be more sorry the Democrats and PROGS are clearly corrupt, but don't let it bother you.

What some of it says:

Does not really matter. California does not have any electricity to power the voting booths.
I know. Hell, POTUS is elected while we are still at the polls. Its the general principle of the thing that pisses me off. And I was registered to vote already. Now they want me to do it AGAIN? Fine. I did.

What some of it says:

Is there a Republican primary in California? I thought Trump people were recommending against some states going to the expense having a Republican primary, because it was decided Orange Man was "The Man".

Did you report this to The Republican Party?
What some of it says:

Does not really matter. California does not have any electricity to power the voting booths.
I know. Hell, POTUS is elected while we are still at the polls. Its the general principle of the thing that pisses me off. And I was registered to vote already. Now they want me to do it AGAIN? Fine. I did.

What some of it says:

Dumb ass, you want to blame someone, blame the Republicans for not allowing "independent" voters (No Party Preference) to vote in their primary. Re-register as a Republican.

www.registertovote.ca.gov

What some of it says:

Sorry about your luck.

And that law got bitch slapped down.

In California, they have closed primaries. This means you can only vote in the primary for the party you have chosen to align with when you registered to vote. In the general election in November, you can vote for whomever you wish.

That someone who lives in the state doesn't know this makes me question whether or not they should be voting at all...

In California, they have closed primaries. This means you can only vote in the primary for the party you have chosen to align with when you registered to vote. In the general election in November, you can vote for whomever you wish.

That someone who lives in the state doesn't know this makes me question whether or not they should be voting at all...

It would appear the OP hasn't voted in the primary election before.

That she's planning to vote in the Republican primary this time tells me she wants to do her part to oust Rump.
I can't fault that.

What some of it says:

Sorry about your luck.

That'll last.

No wonder the state is such a mess.

Sorry about your luck.

Maybe.

I believe you meant "gravel". You just had a bath in it.

Dood, you must be stoned. :420:

What some of it says:

Dumb ass, you want to blame someone, blame the Republicans for not allowing "independent" voters (No Party Preference) to vote in their primary. Re-register as a Republican.

dumbass...read the fucking thread before sticking your foot in your mouth. I did reregister and I already posted the website link.
Fuck you.

Did you report this to The Republican Party?
What some of it says:

Not yet.

What some of it says:

Sorry about your luck.

Not putting President Trump on the 2020 ballot in California would be a wonderful thing.

California is a not a swing state. It's electoral votes are foregone conclusion. If California generated an extra 2 million, 10 million, 40 million votes for President Trump, it still casts the same 55 electoral college votes.

If President Trump wins the election on EV votes this time while not gaining the popular vote because of a petulant gesture by California, the victory and the schadenfreude will be doubly great.

What some of it says:

dumbass...read the fucking thread before sticking your foot in your mouth. I did reregister and I already posted the website link.
Fuck you.
ShamefulFrenchArgentinehornedfrog-max-1mb.gif

What some of it says:

Fuck you.

I read your OP and responded to it. It's how threads work, stupid person. Don't post dumb ass shit if you don't want people to reply to it. And don't blame California for what is not their decision to make, it is the GOP's.

Actually, we have modified open primaries. Party affiliation only matters in Presidential primaries and it is up to the parties whether or not to let unaffiliated voters (independents) to vote in their primaries.

What some of it says:

/——/ I read keeping Trump off the ballot was struck down by the USSC, but the part about re-registering Republican is something new. I expect lawsuits in the making.

Forum List

Back