wow...One HUGE reason to keep the Kerry's out of office...

-=d=- said:
Those who smoked and got cancer are not 'cancer victims'? Those who got AIDS are not 'aids victims'?

That is correct, if their choice created the action they are not a victim. They can be sick with AIDS and Cancer without being a victim.

If you choose an action that may be detrimental to your health, I would not consider you a victim if it happens that your health is threatened.

If you hit yourself in the head with a hammer and injure yourself you are not a victim, just injured.

no1tovote4 said:
That is correct, if their choice created the action they are not a victim. They can be sick with AIDS and Cancer without being a victim.

If you choose an action that may be detrimental to your health, I would not consider you a victim if it happens that your health is threatened.

If you hit yourself in the head with a hammer and injure yourself you are not a victim, just injured.

:clap:

-=d=- said:
Those who smoked and got cancer are not 'cancer victims'? Those who got AIDS are not 'aids victims'?
Gay people are not victims because they have aids. They are victims because of bigots like you. Everyday hate crimes against gay people occur because of who they have sex with!!!! It's just the same as a hate crime against an African American person.

lolita715 said:
Gay people are not victims because they have aids. They are victims because of bigots like you. Everyday hate crimes against gay people occur because of who they have sex with!!!! It's just the same as a hate crime against an African American person.

Ok. if gay hate crimes occur everyday. find one that has happened within the past week.

lolita715 said:

Please stop calling me names...you don't know me well enough to 'kid' or 'joke' with me.

ANYONE who gets AIDS is a 'victim' of the disease.

-=d=- said:
Please stop calling me names...you don't know me well enough to 'kid' or 'joke' with me.

ANYONE who gets AIDS is a 'victim' of the disease.

You are being offensive and insulting gays. A person that does do that is a bigot. Sorry I just dont share the same views as you. I will not call you names again

lolita715 said:

And so what is a crime against a white person by an African American called??? First of all you are the first person who would claim that we can't legislate morality, and hate crime legislation is exactly that. Secondly any crime happens because some people are Assholes. Thirdly if we follow your logic then abortion is also a hate crime, because we are hurting and killing unwanted babies, sounds discriminitory to me. You want it both ways, we are to legislate morality for certain things that fit your litmus test for politically correct, but yell in outrage when conservatives want to make the horror of abortion illegal citing that's too much faith in Government.

Hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
lolita715 said:
You are being offensive and insulting gays. A person that does do that is a bigot.

What about tolerance?

Let's look at what 'bigot' means, to see if I qualify:

Bigot
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

The closest you could come is saying my 'group' is 'non-gays'. I'll give you that - I am partial to my group, however I am not 'intolerant' of another group. I call their behaviour as it is.

Frankly, YOU are 'intolerant' of my suggestion/truth that Homosexuality is a choice. Perhaps 'you' are biggoted?

lolita715 said:
Sorry I just dont share the same views as you. I will not call you names again

Indeed you do not. If anyone is intellectually honest with their arguments, they'd have to aggree linking Race-Crimes to Homo-crimes is bad logic...One can not 'do' black..one is, or is not. One 'can' do homosexual acts.

-=d=- said:
What about tolerance?

Indeed you do not. If anyone is intellectually honest with their arguments, they'd have to aggree linking Race-Crimes to Homo-crimes is bad logic...One can not 'do' black..one is, or is not. One 'can' do homosexual acts.
so you think homo sexual acts are wrong???

Yes, its not obvious?
No it's not. I dont discriminate against gay people, i think its wrong and ignorant!!! Does everyone relize we live in 2004???

lolita715 said:
so you think homosexual acts are wrong???

Homosexuality 'is' wrong. Morally. I concede the right of particpants in such behavior. On the other hand, when those participants ask for special rights or consideration for their 'preference in sexual partners', i draw the line. Just as I don't ask for special laws saying no car can be larger than my motorcycle, so if it hits me, I won't die on the freeway - I'm a man who chooses to Ride a motorcycle, and because I 'prefer' a motorcycle to a car, I am prepared to deal with the consequences of my choice.

lolita715 said:
No it's not. I dont discriminate against gay people, i think its wrong and ignorant!!!

You are talking about two different subjects here:

First: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong.

Answer: Yes

Second Question: Do you discriminate against gay people

Answer: No - they are afforded EVERY right as Hetero people; both groups must abide by the same restrictions too.

You keep using the word 'ignorant' improperly.

-=d=- said:
Homosexuality 'is' wrong. Morally. I concede the right of particpants in such behavior. On the other hand, when those participants ask for special rights or consideration for their 'preference in sexual partners', i draw the line. Just as I don't ask for special laws saying no car can be larger than my motorcycle, so if it hits me, I won't die on the freeway - I'm a man who chooses to Ride a motorcycle, and because I 'prefer' a motorcycle to a car, I am prepared to deal with the consequences of my choice.
I guess we can agree to disagree, because I dont want to fight anymore.

lolita715 said:
No it's not. I dont discriminate against gay people, i think its wrong and ignorant!!! Does everyone relize we live in 2004???

Yes Lolita you are a shining example of virtue and a paragon of light..........Trouble is you are also a hypocrite and don't have the sense to know it. You judge others for having an opinion that differs from yours, and that is exactly what you accuse the so called christian right of doing

-=d=- said:
Mrs. Kerry Would Focus on 'Gay Tolerance' As First Lady

I wonder how long before she'd move on to "Pedaphile Tolerance" or "Rapist Tolerance" or any of a myriad of OTHER behaviours people claim to be the victim of?

Please, how is a homosexual comparable to a pedaphile or a rapist?

-=d=- said:
You are talking about two different subjects here:

First: Is Homosexuality Morally Wrong.

Answer: Yes

Second Question: Do you discriminate against gay people

Answer: No - they are afforded EVERY right as Hetero people; both groups must abide by the same restrictions too.

You keep using the word 'ignorant' improperly.
ig·no·rant (gnr-nt) KEY

ADJECTIVE:

Lacking education or knowledge.
Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
Unaware or uninformed.

I believe you are unaware or uninformed if you believe it's wrong to be gay

lolita715 said:
I guess we can agree to disagree, because I dont want to fight anymore.

I will never agree to disagree...
The position you take - equating Sexual CHOICE with Race is WRONG. No 'maybe' about it.

:)

Enjoy your day.

lolita715 said:
ig·no·rant (gnr-nt) KEY

ADJECTIVE:

Lacking education or knowledge.
Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
Unaware or uninformed.

I believe you are unaware or uninformed if you believe it's wrong to be gay

Okay - then the obvious question is 'uniformed by whom'?

I state my beliefs on Science. And Biology. And a dash of "common sense" which tells me 'two boys screwing does NOT make sense'.

Forum List

Back