Would you vote for an atheist

Would you vote for an atheist for president of the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 47 77.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • MountainMan is an idiot for asking this question

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you don't believe that the Declaration of Independence is an accurate representation of who and what the Founders intended our country to be, and the ideal to which they then aspired when making our laws?
Precisely the intent of the Founders when they sent it to King George III.

They explained WHY they were doing what they were and at the end of the day? The Constitution accentuated the point over the imperfect Articles of Confederation that were too much like a Democracy.

Declaring war and independence is not the same as laying down a system of laws. They understood this when they failed at the Articles of Confederation, hence why we now have a very different constitution.

Who said it was the same? Who? Where was that said? I don't know about anyone else, but I am seriously getting sick and tired of you having this private little conversation with whatever voices live in your head, and then blaming the rest of us for whatever it was the voices said.

If you're incapable of comprehending and dealing with our actual words, tell us now so we can all ignore you.

Declaring war and independence is not the same as laying down a system of laws. They understood this when they failed at the Articles of Confederation, hence why we now have a very different constitution.

you are talking to a literal retard

A bit egotistical, aren't you? Hint: He was not talking to you.

Now, be nice. You know how often Plasma gets his pathetic ass handed to him, and he's all excited that he thinks he's found a friend to leech onto and kiss ass for. It's sorta cute . . . like watching chimps pick nits off each other.

I'm going to play nice and simply let you know that evolution has nothing to do with the beginning of life. That would be abiogenesis, which does have supporting experimental evidence.

Life As We Know It Nearly Created in Lab | LiveScience

Something creationism lacks in its entirety.

As to the polygamous marriage, that would seem more like tax evasion than actual marriage at that point. While I agree that it is not simply a Christian only talking point, it is primarily Christians that support the ban of marriage that is not between man and woman. Why, if you cannot discriminate in the constitution, should you be allowed to discriminate in a government institution?

Interesting article, but they lost me at "primordial soup".

Show me scientific evidence that there was any "primordial soup".

"Primordial soup" is an imaginary concept with no basis in reality.

The Miller-Uley experiment had to be custom tailored to produce any results.

When the Miller-Uley experiment was conducted with true atmospheric gases, there was no result.

I suspect this experiment was equally custom tailored, and in no way resembled true atmospheric/oceanic conditions on Earth.

It was an experiment created with lab conditions similar to what would be expected of early Earth at the time life is expected to have occurred. Creationism argues from the lack of evidence as evidence, that is not acceptable.

It would be somewhat more acceptable if they actually performed experiments instead of simply arguing.

Creationism doesn't "argue" anything, dumbass. It makes a simple statement that everything was created by God. It says nothing at all about HOW He did it.

What sort of experiment would you suggest they conduct to "prove" that God created the universe?

Jesus, you're an imbecile.

It was an experiment created with lab conditions similar to what would be expected of early Earth at the time life is expected to have occurred.

I didn't see that in the article regarding this experiment. I reread it, the search the article for "Earth", "Atmosphere", and "Conditions". Nothing.

Miller-Uley was certainly NOT conducted under conditions in any way similar to those of proto-Earth.

Yikes, that's embarrassing. I'm sorry I linked the wrong article!

Life’s First Spark Re-Created in the Laboratory | Wired Science | Wired.com

Just noticed. :(

Is there a point here?

This thread is a riot.

Christians and other religious people: Yes the atheists think they're smarter than you...they're convinced(possibly correctly) that you worship what amounts to a manifestation of your imagination...didn't you think David Berkowitz was crazy? Be honest, you act all offended, but you don't respect atheism...you might not be open about it, but the very premise involves denouncing the validity of most religions in the world...oh, and you think they're going to hell.

What does believing someone is wrong have to do with respecting them? Am I required to think someone is right about everything to respect him? And who the hell are YOU to tell me what I do and don't respect?

I don't respect the narcissistic tweekos who populate this board, but that's not because they don't believe in God. It's because they believe that not believing in God makes them better than everyone else.

Well NO more Christians please,for the past 30 years or more,they may know how to get to "THEIR CHURCH" BUT they collectively don't know their way out of a paper bag.....let alone how to run a Country like America. We just need competent people from all sides to run America, Black,White,Red or Yellow or Brown or Pink, AC or AC DC who cares...........just Motivated,Honest and Qualified Leaders.Enough SAID. theliq
Everybody that runs for president is 'expected' to proclaim their religious affiliation.

Would you vote for an atheist for president of the USA?
Why or why not?

Last edited:
Try if possible to improve your spelling and grammar. Thank You:clap2::cool:
So you are the arbitor of "true" Christian belief. You should tell god he can take a smoke break.

What God? Which God? Whose God? There are thousands! I put my faith in Santa Claus - he delivers.

God is Imaginary - 50 simple proofs
So who's proselytizing here?
I see damned few Christians posting link after ling about their beliefs. Sure there are some, but the atheists here seem a damned sight more evangelical.

What God? Which God? Whose God? There are thousands! I put my faith in Santa Claus - he delivers.

I see damned few Christians posting link after ling about their beliefs. Sure there are some, but the atheists here seem a damned sight more evangelical.

To be fair I, while I disagree with his message, attacking his grammar doesn't refute his point. :eusa_whistle:

Funny that the poll clearly shows that there are more that would vote for an aithist yet the thread itself shows another story.

Truth be told, the country will not vote for anyone that is not a Christian, period. At least not yet. Many people SAY they would vote for someone of another faith but the fact is that the past presidents have all shared one thing in common. That is no accident. It is a requirement at this time to be a Christian. I find it rather amusing though for those that are religious and say they will not vote for someone that is an atheist. It is rather bigoted to claim that you are open minded and accept others but then turn around and disqualify someone to be president based solely on their faith. There is no faith requirement for the office and there should be no faith requirement for your vote though I can see a person favoring another for sharing the faith. It gives common ground but to completely affirm that you would not vote for an atheist is something wholly different.

Would you vote for an atheist
.....As opposed to some.....
.....whacked-out, theocratic, fundamentalist nut-job?

related-image-make-a-difference.jpg

EASILY!!!!!

This thread is a riot.

Christians and other religious people: Yes the atheists think they're smarter than you...they're convinced(possibly correctly) that you worship what amounts to a manifestation of your imagination...didn't you think David Berkowitz was crazy? Be honest, you act all offended, but you don't respect atheism...you might not be open about it, but the very premise involves denouncing the validity of most religions in the world...oh, and you think they're going to hell.

What does believing someone is wrong have to do with respecting them? Am I required to think someone is right about everything to respect him?

Under most circumstances, it shouldn't matter much. The issue of religion or a lack thereof is usually much more important to many, since it tends to greatly define/dictate their life. Personally I try to refrain from such discussions with people I know, it's nearly impossible to not offend, even if that wasn't the intention.

And who the hell are YOU to tell me what I do and don't respect?

I'm bobcollum, and I was speaking generally...of course it can't be applied to every individual, otherwise generalizations would make discussions more efficient.

I don't respect the narcissistic tweekos who populate this board, but that's not because they don't believe in God. It's because they believe that not believing in God makes them better than everyone else.

Again, you may not feel that way, that's fine. I've had enough face-to face conversations with religious types to know that you don't speak for everyone.

I'm just trying to be logical about this. If you've spent your life worshiping a specific god, wouldn't you have some type of feeling towards someone that thinks the god doesn't even exist? Not even anger, but at the least pity? Wouldn't Christians prefer that everyone joined the ranks, or Muslims, or Jews? Why do you expect atheists to be any different? They feel there are aspects of it that would benefit humanity, just as the others do.

Absolutely! Religion does not determine morality! I would certainly trust a moral Atheist above a religious zealot who believes in the invisible Sky Daddy.

Yeah, you sound soooooooooooooo fair-minded.

:lol:

There aren't many in this forum who are. I just see a bunch of hate speech circulated by anyone with the capability to slam their face on a keyboard to reproduce a semblance of language.
I've had so few reasonable conversations with people I was sincerely hoping would be able to make a post without immediately resorting to personal attacks but it doesn't often happen like that.

Last edited:

Oh, you really want to go there? In that case, the grammatically correct version of YOUR sentences would read like this:

Try, if possible, to improve your spelling and grammar. Thank you.

Note the punctuation. If you want to condescend to others, you'd better be prepared to be absolutely perfect yourself.

Funny that the poll clearly shows that there are more that would vote for an aithist yet the thread itself shows another story.

Truth be told, the country will not vote for anyone that is not a Christian, period. At least not yet. Many people SAY they would vote for someone of another faith but the fact is that the past presidents have all shared one thing in common. That is no accident. It is a requirement at this time to be a Christian. I find it rather amusing though for those that are religious and say they will not vote for someone that is an atheist. It is rather bigoted to claim that you are open minded and accept others but then turn around and disqualify someone to be president based solely on their faith. There is no faith requirement for the office and there should be no faith requirement for your vote though I can see a person favoring another for sharing the faith. It gives common ground but to completely affirm that you would not vote for an atheist is something wholly different.

I can accept someone of other beliefs just fine without thinking they're qualified to be President. I can, in fact, accept and tolerate their beliefs just fine while thinking that those beliefs ALSO make their candidacy for President problematic. I also think that a lifetime career as an auto mechanic is acceptable and admirable, but don't think it makes one a good potential President.

Cecile,As one who has always been in a position of DO WHAT I SAY,I wish to thank you for bringing down to earth,with the rest of the Turkeys......There I was soaring with Eagles(I'm sure I saw you up there) Now where was I ????? Thats right,awaiting the next termal:lol:See you SOON and again THANKS.

theliq:cool:

Oh, you really want to go there? In that case, the grammatically correct version of YOUR sentences would read like this:

Try, if possible, to improve your spelling and grammar. Thank you.

Note the punctuation. If you want to condescend to others, you'd better be prepared to be absolutely perfect yourself.

This thread is a riot.

Under most circumstances, it shouldn't matter much. The issue of religion or a lack thereof is usually much more important to many, since it tends to greatly define/dictate their life. Personally I try to refrain from such discussions with people I know, it's nearly impossible to not offend, even if that wasn't the intention.

I'm bobcollum, and I was speaking generally...of course it can't be applied to every individual, otherwise generalizations would make discussions more efficient.

Again, you may not feel that way, that's fine. I've had enough face-to face conversations with religious types to know that you don't speak for everyone.

I'm just trying to be logical about this. If you've spent your life worshiping a specific god, wouldn't you have some type of feeling towards someone that thinks the god doesn't even exist? Not even anger, but at the least pity? Wouldn't Christians prefer that everyone joined the ranks, or Muslims, or Jews? Why do you expect atheists to be any different? They feel there are aspects of it that would benefit humanity, just as the others do.

No, I wouldn't (in re: anger and pity). YOU would, but I'm not really interested in you assuming that you represent everyone and projecting your issues onto me.

And while my preference for people being Christians has to do with my belief that NOT being one will result in an eternity in Hell, what possible motivation could atheists have for evangelizing THEIR beliefs, aside from a desire to feel superior to others? Not nearly as sympathetic and altruistic a reason, I'm sure you can agree.

Forum List

Back