• a polygamist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • eye candy with no work skills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A kind compassionate friend who will make the kid happy

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
Let's not deceive ourselves

Money Matters, baybee......, however, I'd draw the line if they wanted to marry a rich fudgepacker or rugmuncher.

How much money matters would be their decision, wouldn't it? It's their lives.

Of course.

But the thread is about what I would prefer, not what I think THEY would prefer.

Incidently, if I had to predict what they would prefer, I'd choose an illegal alien migrant worker, or any similarly unsuitable character.

The only things I prefer for them is that whoever they end up with is honest, plays it straight, treats them well and can handle that kind of commitment. Anything else, well, I'm smart enough to know there will come a time when I'll just have to trust I taught them right and hope they're happy.

Ideally my daughter in laws will have personality and brains, although I have no doubt that's what my sons would choose. My husband and I would have hard time bonding with a boring bimbo. Acceptance - of course. Love - prolly not.

I could accept a RICH boring bimbo a heluva lot easier than a POOR boring bimbo.

I have too much confidence in my kids to even dream of being disappointed in their selections.

Well, they are 15 and 13. They have yet to show any signs of hormonal based stupidity. It may be early days yet.

But I still think they are smart.

And I still have faith in them.

But there may be a difficult period coming my way. But I have every confidence they will get through it safely.

Not much to select from so I will have to say "None of the above." Besides, both of my kids are already happily married. Now if I can get them to stop making grand kids. I've got 7 grand kids between the two of them and I can't afford any more grandkids. We eat hot dogs for a month everytime they come to visit and I don't have any pocket money for ages. Maybe I should stop taking them to Toy R Us when they come to visit... Just a thought. My kids complain. "Dad, you never bought us all of this stuff when we were kids" I reply, "It's because I didn't like you." They get huffy but soon get over it. Besides, they both look like their mother. My brains but their mother's looks. What's up with that?

Well, they are 15 and 13. They have yet to show any signs of hormonal based stupidity. It may be early days yet.

But there may be a difficult period coming my way. But I have every confidence they will get through it safely.

Good Luck.:eusa_pray:

Not much to select from so I will have to say "None of the above." Besides, both of my kids are already happily married. Now if I can get them to stop making grand kids. I've got 7 grand kids between the two of them and I can't afford any more grandkids. We eat hot dogs for a month everytime they come to visit and I don't have any pocket money for ages. Maybe I should stop taking them to Toy R Us when they come to visit... Just a thought. My kids complain. "Dad, you never bought us all of this stuff when we were kids" I reply, "It's because I didn't like you." They get huffy but soon get over it. Besides, they both look like their mother. My brains but their mother's looks. What's up with that?

See, this is what I want from the persons I'd rather my kids marry: Grandkids.

I simply want to be able to sit back and watch them get tortured the same way I was.

Teenage hormonal based stupidity is (usually) temporary anyway. If for some reason it does hit and hard, there's still hope. Remember the "life begins at 30" theory:

When they're just little kids, they're little kids. They aren't really worried about "life". They're too busy creating the Barbie shoe mine field in the living room, trying to avoid brushing their teeth and smuggling worm colonies into their bedrooms.

Then they spend their teenage years hormonally influenced and frantically stuffing their heads up their own rear ends in an effort to prove their parents wrong and/or drive them crazy.

The twenties are usually spent starting to understand their parents might have been right about something after all and working to get their heads back out from where they stuffed them in the first place.

By the time they really get a grip on life....30, or close enough.

Of course, a few never go through this and a few more never quite succeed at the unstuffing part no matter how old they get. But if they're smart and well balanced you should be all right. :thup:

Last edited:

Ha ha. Sounds like the hperfect combination. Whenever my kids say "how come he gets to....?' My response is "Simple. I love him more" lol

So far my boys have only dated really smart girls. I fear that day might end..

Mr. F and I married when we were both very young by today's standards and that was a long time ago. Some people are beginning to think it might last now.

Our kids both married 'well' the first time. One was forced to divorce and is now remarried less 'well' but has been married much more happily for quite some time now. The second is finalizing a divorce and says marriage to anybody else is out of the question. Maybe. Maybe not.

What makes a good marriage anyway? Love. Compassion. Sympathetic to the others' views whether or not such views are shared. A shared faith can be important. I think being reasonably compatible in IQ and education helps. Shared basic values so that there can be respect. Personal integrity and maturity to carry one's own weight and not use or shame the other.

That's what I want for my kids.

So cool. My sons first love lasted four years. We loved her and her family (whom I'm still close with) Although they were children, it was like a divorce.

She set the standard. Uh oh for the next serious one.

Forum List

Back