Zone1 Would you marry a person of another religion?

you are the one whing about a marriage you had nothing to do with.
Really? whining?

I asked a simple question about whether an atheist going through the motions of a religious ceremony was dishonest or not.

And here you are WHINING about a simple question

Really? whining?

I asked a simple question about whether an atheist going through the motions of a religious ceremony was dishonest or not.

And here you are WHINING about a simple question
and then you keep going on and on after she answered you that is called whining

and then you keep going on and on after she answered you that is called whining

She never answered me.

She got all offended and started whining like you.

And why do you think you need to defend her? She is more than capable of defending hewrself.

I have told you over and over that I do not know if any such beings called gods exist and it is impossible to despise anything unless I agree to the existence of that thing.
I know what you "have told me" and I am calling you out on it. You despise God. Your posts indicate just how much. Therefore, you believe in God.
I have problems with religions and I have made that very clear.
Doubtful. Your problems are/were with your parents.

I know what you "have told me" and I am calling you out on it. You despise God. Your posts indicate just how much. Therefore, you believe in God.

Doubtful. Your problems are/were with your parents.
And you're wrong.

You are just all offended that anyone would dare to challenge your religion or your beliefs

And it looks like we have another Sigmund Fraud trying to psychoanalyze people here.

Show the post where you say I am "whining". Or, admit you are sniveling.
You never answered the question did you? You just started "guessing"
about my life and upbringing and how rude I was being and how I despise this or that

And you're wrong.
No, I am not. You have basically said as much all along. You resent being raised with religion.
You are just all offended that anyone would dare to challenge your religion or your beliefs
Again, a perfect example of what you "psychoanalyzing" and telling me what I "really" feel...just as you are always telling me what I "really" believe. That you think you can actually offend me shows a tremendous ego on your part. You can be frustrating. I lay out what I believe only for you to tell me what I "really" believe. Most discussions with you turns into me reading a discussion you are having with yourself, or at least someone other than me that you have created in your own mind.
And it looks like we have another Sigmund Fraud trying to psychoanalyze people here.
What it looks like is that you are looking in a mirror and talking to yourself.

No, I am not. You have basically said as much all along. You resent being raised with religion.

Again, a perfect example of what you "psychoanalyzing" and telling me what I "really" feel...just as you are always telling me what I "really" believe. That you think you can actually offend me shows a tremendous ego on your part. You can be frustrating. I lay out what I believe only for you to tell me what I "really" believe. Most discussions with you turns into me reading a discussion you are having with yourself, or at least someone other than me that you have created in your own mind.

What it looks like is that you are looking in a mirror and talking to yourself.

Where did I say that because I wasn't raised in a religion. I think I might have once said my mother was a Baptist but she didn't go to church or practice.

Really I told you what you feel about an atheist taking part in a religious ceremony?

I told you what I thought about it.

And you got triggered and made it about me and my childhood

You never answered the question did you? You just started "guessing"
about my life and upbringing and how rude I was being and how I despise this or that
Exactly. You weren't listening, you are not listening still...I am "guessing" perhaps you never will.

Look, I understand everyone has his/her own perspective and that we are all handicapped to some extent by that lens. Still, it does no harm to sometimes at least try to look through the lens through which another sees.

You are always telling me what I "really" believe, etc.,, but object when I guess about you. We are a pair. Perhaps we should take a break.

Where did I say that because I wasn't raised in a religion. I think I might have once said my mother was a Baptist but she didn't go to church or practice.

Really I told you what you feel about an atheist taking part in a religious ceremony?

I told you what I thought about it.

And you got triggered and made it about me and my childhood
I suggest rereading. Wondering about you and your childhood is not making it about you and your childhood...that happens when mere mention of something strikes a nerve. Just wanted you to consider it, is all, not make it about it.

I was raised in a Baptist church and was a regular church goer. All my family were Baptists.

I fell in love with a Lutheran chick. She graduated from a Lutheran college and was a Lutheran school teacher. Being a teacher in a church school system she was in effect a professional church worker.

When we decided to get married we had to deal with the difference. I decided that her connection to her church was greater than mine so I agreed to join the Lutheran church. Over 50 years later I have no regrets.

Some differences between the two but nothing to get butt hurt about.

I suggest rereading. Wondering about you and your childhood is not making it about you and your childhood...that happens when mere mention of something strikes a nerve. Just wanted you to consider it, is all, not make it about it.

Like your nerve that just got struck?

Like your nerve that just got struck?
Perhaps you recall that you were arguing that I didn't realize it was my subconscious that had me accepting what I have learned about religion. Of course, you paid no attention when I pointed out that was not the reason I believe in God. So, no nerve, just the usual annoyance about you telling me what is "really" happening with me.

So, I started with the guessing...what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander...and it got your attention. Hopefully now we can proceed without you telling me how I "really" think and what I "really" believe--and what is "really" happening with my husband. What say you?

Perhaps you recall that you were arguing that I didn't realize it was my subconscious that had me accepting what I have learned about religion. Of course, you paid no attention when I pointed out that was not the reason I believe in God. So, no nerve, just the usual annoyance about you telling me what is "really" happening with me.

So, I started with the guessing...what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander...and it got your attention. Hopefully now we can proceed without you telling me how I "really" think and what I "really" believe--and what is "really" happening with my husband. What say you?

I'm not going to do the you said this thing.

If you want to find the post and quote it I'll address what I said

I was raised in a Baptist church and was a regular church goer. All my family were Baptists.

I fell in love with a Lutheran chick. She graduated from a Lutheran college and was a Lutheran school teacher. Being a teacher in a church school system she was in effect a professional church worker.

When we decided to get married we had to deal with the difference. I decided that her connection to her church was greater than mine so I agreed to join the Lutheran church. Over 50 years later I have no regrets.

Some differences between the two but nothing to get butt hurt about.
Here in the southern USA it has always been a tradition for the gentleman to attend the church of his wife.

So I guess the ceremony you engaged in was completely different than the average Catholic wedding service
Most churches would not sanction or perform a marriage between a catholic and an atheist.

Many wouldn't even marry "bad Catholics" in a Catholic Church.. This is a fact.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back