Zone1 Would you marry a person of another religion?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
I would marry any Christian or Jew, but unlikely any other Religion. I mean if the person detaches from her religious traditions and is agnostic and i can relate to her thinking and values then it could be ok and then i wouldnt demand that she converts, but i would still want that the children are baptised.

I would marry any Christian or Jew, but unlikely any other Religion. I mean if the person detaches from her religious traditions and is agnostic and i can relate to her thinking and values then it could be ok and then i wouldnt demand that she converts, but i would still want that the children are baptised.
Not going to happen.

#endofthread

It's possible I have seen when two people really Love each other they will marry and go through any cultural differences together.
I remember an old CBS sit-com from the early 70s that explored this idea. A Jewish man marries a Catholic wife - BRIDGET LOVES BERNIE

Italian Catholic-Reformed Jewish marriages were fairly common in Chicago and New York, weren't they?

It depends how active your brain is and the strength of your so called inner moral compass .

With you, I doubt it would matter because you are so gullible that I could talk you into marrying my cat, Lord Benny , based on his inheritance value .

I would marry any Christian or Jew, but unlikely any other Religion. I mean if the person detaches from her religious traditions and is agnostic and i can relate to her thinking and values then it could be ok and then i wouldn't demand that she converts, but i would still want that the children are baptised.
But you have more confidence in what she doesn't believe than in what she believes. Remember, A very strong morality that comes from ego or habit or private view -- it changes when they change. You want a right-minded believer over any strong non-believer.
The Catholic informal rule, one of them, is : Don't date anyone you know you can't marry. Because if your hormones take over you've got decades to regret it when hormones wear off.

Don't date anyone you know you can't marry. Because if your hormones take over you've got decades to regret it when hormones wear off.

I advised my children to wait until they were 25 or older to marry. Two out of the three did, but all three have done well and stayed married so far, and they're in their 30's and 40's now.

I would never get married in a religious ceremony so the answer is to the OP is no

I would never get married in a religious ceremony so the answer is to the OP is no
Gide sure does not look good for your point.

n the last jottings he published after his Journals we may read these sentences: “There is more light in Christ’s words than in any other human word. This is not enough, it seems, to be a Christian: in addition, one must believe. Well, I do not believe.”

THERE IS MORE LIGHT IN CHRIST"S WORDS THAN IN ANY OTHER HUMAN WORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See, I smell cut-and--paste but I might be wrong.

Gide sure does not look good for your point.

n the last jottings he published after his Journals we may read these sentences: “There is more light in Christ’s words than in any other human word. This is not enough, it seems, to be a Christian: in addition, one must believe. Well, I do not believe.”

THERE IS MORE LIGHT IN CHRIST"S WORDS THAN IN ANY OTHER HUMAN WORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See, I smell cut-and--paste but I might be wrong.

Every word in the bible was written by people not gods.

Person here based their opinion on Harlequin romance novels as a basis.
No, my employer who was from a deep South upper-class conservative W.A.S.P. family cut him off for life because he fell in love and married a Jewish girl. Sad what people will do to their children. And still married since 1948.His families loss she is a terrific Lady.

Last edited:
My Catholic grandmother married an atheist...and I, her Catholic granddaughter, did the same.

“I did not marry the first girl that I fell in love with, because there was a tremendous religious conflict, at the time.
She was an atheist, and I was an agnostic.

We didn't know what religion NOT to raise the children in”.

― Woody Allen

It depends on how seriously one takes their religion, and whether one can explain their beliefs. I can live with divergent beliefs, but not stupidity.

Did you get married in a religious ceremony?
Of course. The children were baptized and raised Catholic. My grandparents did the same. My husband was in church for our wedding, two baptisms, two first communions, and the day he utterly surprised me by arranging to have our wedding vows renewed on our tenth anniversary.

Of course. The children were baptized and raised Catholic. My grandparents did the same. My husband was in church for our wedding, two baptisms, two first communions, and the day he utterly surprised me by arranging to have our wedding vows renewed on our tenth anniversary.
So it doesn't bother you that his participation in a religious ceremony was basically a lie?

Forum List

Back