Zone1 Would you marry a person of another religion?

I don’t think I could have ever married a Satanist.

A liberal was less of a leap.
My wife was a Democrat when we first met. I think it was because her father at one time held an elected office as a Democrat.

However, it didn't take me long to change her. Her father later became a Reagan voter when the Democrats started to go bat shit crazy.

Nowadays my wife is even more Conservative than I am and I am pretty darn Right Wing.

My wife was a Democrat when we first met. I think it was because her father at one time held an elected office as a Democrat.

However, it didn't take me long to change her. Her father later became a Reagan voter when the Democrats started to go bat shit crazy.

Nowadays my wife is even more Conservative than I am and I am pretty darn Right Wing.
I’ve been married for over thirty years. My wife is a work in progress politically. 😜

She’s still a quasi lib. But Potato’s dementia has clues her in to some of what’s wrong with our liberals and the modern day Democrap Parody.

I’ve been married for over thirty years. My wife is a work in progress politically. 😜

She’s still a quasi lib. But Potato’s dementia has clues her in to some of what’s wrong with our liberals and the modern day Democrap Parody.
I have a good buddy that is going through the same thing.

He married a card carrying Liberal. Over the years he has toned her down quite a bit but she still is leaning Left, but, like your wife, is getting tired of Mr Potatohead.

Both my sons married Democrat voting chicks. My younger son has already turned his wife into a Conservative but my older son would also say, like you, that she is a "work in progress".

Most churches would not sanction or perform a marriage between a catholic and an atheist.
True. My grandparents couldn't be married in the Catholic Church, but the priest/bishop approved ours. We couldn't have a Catholic wedding Mass, but as the family circle included atheists, Protestants, Buddhists as well as Catholics, some people were probably relieved. :)

I didn't say anything about their reltionship was dishonest

I said any atheist who goes through the motions of a religious ceremony is being dishonest.

Any love between a couple is not predicated on any religious ceremony.
But he's not being dishonest. Believing in God wasn't required to be married in the church. So how was he being dishonest and who was he deceiving?

I suspect his love for her was why he chose to be married in the church. He subordinated his beliefs for her happiness because he loved her.

If that ceremony was predicated on a belief in the religious institution and the god it worships yes that would be dishonest of me if i claimed I was an atheist.
The ceremony was predicated on their love for each other, not their religious beliefs.

I would marry any Christian or Jew, but unlikely any other Religion. I mean if the person detaches from her religious traditions and is agnostic and i can relate to her thinking and values then it could be ok and then i wouldnt demand that she converts, but i would still want that the children are baptised.
God said-- do not become unevenly yoked-2Cor 6:14)--that meant religiously.
Solomon married false god worshipping women even though God warned Israel not to. He fell to false God worship at his end.
Israel rejects Jesus, thus are standing in opposition to God.

But he's not being dishonest. Believing in God wasn't required to be married in the church. So how was he being dishonest and who was he deceiving?

I suspect his love for her was why he chose to be married in the church. He subordinated his beliefs for her happiness because he loved her.

The Catholic wedding ceremony requires the participants to state they will raise any children as Catholics before the vows are taken and the participants have to answer "yes"

And atheist would not raise his children as Catholics.

You don't know this?

The Catholic wedding ceremony requires the participants to state they will raise any children as Catholics before the vows are taken and the participants have to answer "yes"

You don't know this?
Why won't you won't note it is that only I had to answer yes. My husband agreed he would not stand in my way of children being raised Catholics, nor in the way of the children's godparents from continuing to raise the children Catholic in the event of my demise.

I am totally disgusted by you announcing what "really" happened when you weren't there. I am betting my guesses about you are more accurate than your declarations about what "really" happened in my situation. My guesses certainly couldn't be any less accurate.

Hey you're the one who said your husband was an atheist

And the thing is that he made the promise that he would raise your children as Catholics and he knew he wouldn't do that if something happened to you and you knew it too.. He didn't say he was going to let you raise them as Catholics did he?

And what about the baptism where a parent has to claim he rejects Satan and believes in the Father Almighty?

And you deny he stood there in your church and lied?

2 Corinthians 6:14 King James Version - Bible Gateway

1700052416556.png
biblegateway.com
https://www.biblegateway.com › passage › version=KJV

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
Are you arguing an atheist-agnostic cannot be righteous? (No fair using Blues Man as an example! ;) )

Are you arguing an atheist-agnostic cannot be righteous? (No fair using Blues Man as an example! ;) )
LOL

Of course an atheist can be righteous and moral, and ethical.

There is not supreme authority needed for any of these characteristics as they can all be achieved via reason alone.

The why do it in a church or anywhere else?
For me, faith/belief is a way of life. My husband would be marrying into that way of life, just as I would be marrying into his way of life. We chose to do this in a church, before a priest, before God.

why did you marry a non christian and go against his word?
I married a righteous man. My atheist grandfather and he were much the same. It is not that they did not want to believe, they were truthful and honest with themselves and recognized they did not believe. Another thing they had in common was thinking that if they should come face-to-face with God after they die, they can at least stand before Him knowing they never pretended they were believing.

You don't know this?
I do know this because he did. So apparently an atheist would raise his kids as Catholics.

Forum List

Back