Zone1 would you give up your right to vote if???

would you give up your right to vote if you never had to pay income taxs

• Total voters
I would gladly opt out of voting in exchange for opting out of taxation. As a matter of fact, I think that people who don’t pay taxes should be barred from voting.
I didn't have any income for 3 years because I don't work. NO taxes. So I can't vote then?

Ballot harvesting is getting ballots delivered instead of handing them out at voting polls to identified registered voters. It is a political party busing people to the polls while handing out freebies. It is basically concentrating on getting favorable ballots instead of convincing voters to vote for a particular candidate. IOW the party platform and candidate is less important than getting ballots.
The real definition differs with yours. Ballot harvesting is going door to door picking up absentee ballots from strangers to drop them off for them.... the registered voter individually requests their own ballot, where their request is vetted before mailing it to them, on whether they are legal registered voter's or not.... but strangers, party workers or union volunteers or political action workers etc go around collecting them.

This has been banned in all states but 11 states and those 11 states who have not banned this activity are mostly Republican leaning states NOT Democratic leaning.

I agree this should not be allowed. For the voter's safety.... these harvesters are too open for fraudulent activity...they can just not turn your ballot in to count or mess with your ballot somehow before turning it in! Fraud as my example occurred in North Carolina recently by a REPUBLICAN OPERATIVE hired to harvest ballots, was caught!

all other states only allow a family member or designated friend to drop an absentee ballot off. Which is what I do and have done the past 20 years, I vote via absentee/ mail ballot but give it to my husband to drop it off when he votes in person. This is ok, and should always be ok, imo. It is not ballot harvesting of stranger's ballots.

its the furthest from a true democracy that its dishonest to claim it to be even close,,,

its a constitutional republic not what you said,,,
There are no nations that are PURE DEMOCRACIES in the world. No country allows the people to vote on every issue or bill and simple majority vote of the people, rule.

There are nations that are republics, or parliamentary, or constitutional, or representative etc that are forms of democracy but not pure democracies....ours is a democratic constitutional republic, with representatives.

Majority representatives always wins, but we allow procedures for the minority representatives to have a way to slow things down so their voices can be heard before a vote.

Only in presidential elections, the majority vote does not always win/rule...because we have an electoral college that casts the votes for president... which gives an advantage to less populated states.

And each state and city and locality has majority vote winning and ruling via the vote of our chosen representatives.

There are no nations that are PURE DEMOCRACIES in the world. No country allows the people to vote on every issue or bill and simple majority vote of the people, rule.

There are nations that are republics, or parliamentary, or constitutional, or representative etc that are forms of democracy but not pure democracies....ours is a democratic constitutional republic, with representatives.

Majority representatives always wins, but we allow procedures for the minority representatives to have a way to slow things down so their voices can be heard before a vote.

Only in presidential elections, the majority vote does not always win/rule...because we have an electoral college that casts the votes for president.

And each state and city and locality has majority vote winning and ruling via the vote of our chosen representatives.
I dont give a shit what other countrys are,,

we are a constitutional republic,, end of story,,

would you give up your right to vote if you never paid income tax??

that would include all aspects of politics like advocating or donating to candidates,

it wouldnt include advocating for other rights like listed in the bill of rights,,

I dont believe someone on welfare for more than a yr shouldnt be allowed to vote on anything other than candidates,, no voting on tax increases or other social issues,,

I feel you gave that up when you wanted society to provide your basic essentials,,

So people who to be want on welfare, would lose their vote. Those who are forced to apply because of circumstances or disability would still have the right to vote?

Then it to be really easy to strip people of their right to vote. You just have to force them into unemployment, or a some other circumstance where they apply for welfare.

Kind of like the Reagan administration using “zero tolerance” in the “war on drugs” to arrest brown and black men and strip them of their votes.

White teenagers don’t get sent to jail for smoking a joint. We can’t ruin the nice white boy’s life over a little pot.

So people who to be want on welfare, would lose their vote. Those who are forced to apply because of circumstances or disability would still have the right to vote?

Then it to be really easy to strip people of their right to vote. You just have to force them into unemployment, or a some other circumstance where they apply for welfare.

Kind of like the Reagan administration using “zero tolerance” in the “war on drugs” to arrest brown and black men and strip them of their votes.

White teenagers don’t get sent to jail for smoking a joint. We can’t ruin the nice white boy’s life over a little pot.
people who want to be on welfare are declaring they cant take care of themselves and should be considered wards of the state and not allowed to vote themselves more money.....

now its getting late and the drunks that consider you a good catch are waiting for you,,

Only in presidential elections, the majority vote does not always win/rule...because we have an electoral college that casts the votes for president... which gives an advantage to less populated states.

This is not quite correct.

What you’re describing is not a “pure democracy”. It’s a “direct democracy”.

There are four distinct types of democracies, of which “direct democracy” is one, “constitutional democracy” is another, “republic” is the third.

This is not quite correct.

What you’re describing is not a “pure democracy”. It’s a “direct democracy”.

There are four distinct types of democracies, of which “direct democracy” is one, “constitutional democracy” is another, “republic” is the third.
have you always been a fucking idiot or is this something new youre trying??

people who want to be on welfare are declaring they cant take care of themselves and should be considered wards of the state and not allowed to vote themselves more money.....

now its getting late and the drunks that consider you a good catch are waiting for you,,

Where the fuck are you? It’s 11 AM where I am. You must be in Asia if its “closing time”.

Your “insult of choice” always say far more about you than they do about the person you’re trying to insult. How bad is your drinking problem? Have you considered getting help?

Do they even have AA where you are?

Where the fuck are you? It’s 11 AM where I am. You must be in Asia if its “closing time”.

Your “insult of choice” always say far more about you than they do about the person you’re trying to insult. How bad is your drinking problem? Have you considered getting help?

Do they even have AA where you are?
I dont understand the question,,

I didn't have any income for 3 years because I don't work. NO taxes. So I can't vote then?
I’m of the opinion that voting mostly boils down to a say in how you want the government to spend the revenue it takes in. No skin in the game, no say in the rules. Do you pay property taxes? It doesn’t have to only cover income, but I’d like to curtail the ability for the non-taxed to vote themselves money from the public till.

Switzerland -

The real definition differs with yours. Ballot harvesting is going door to door picking up absentee ballots from strangers to drop them off for them.... the registered voter individually requests their own ballot, where their request is vetted before mailing it to them, on whether they are legal registered voter's or not.... but strangers, party workers or union volunteers or political action workers etc go around collecting them.

This has been banned in all states but 11 states and those 11 states who have not banned this activity are mostly Republican leaning states NOT Democratic leaning.

I agree this should not be allowed. For the voter's safety.... these harvesters are too open for fraudulent activity...they can just not turn your ballot in to count or mess with your ballot somehow before turning it in! Fraud as my example occurred in North Carolina recently by a REPUBLICAN OPERATIVE hired to harvest ballots, was caught!

all other states only allow a family member or designated friend to drop an absentee ballot off. Which is what I do and have done the past 20 years, I vote via absentee/ mail ballot but give it to my husband to drop it off when he votes in person. This is ok, and should always be ok, imo. It is not ballot harvesting of stranger's ballots.
Denocrats will do it anyway.

its a democratic process used in accordance to the constitution in a constitutional republic,,
Yes, many people slap different wording onto representative democracy, your're not the first.

Representative democracy - Wikipedia

The UK is Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy, yes it is with representative democracy.

All the US too has representative democracy within it's framework.

So slap any name on it as you want, haven't a clue why some are frightened of the two words Representative Democracy.

Yes, many people slap different wording onto representative democracy, your're not the first.

Representative democracy - Wikipedia

The UK is Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy, yes it is with representative democracy.

All the US too has representative democracy within it's framework.

So slap any name on it as you want, haven't a clue why some are frightened of the two words Representative Democracy.
you need to stop using wiki for a politics based resource,, theyre clearly leftist in everything,,

Forum List

Back