Would you accept an "Indecent Proposal"?

Would you and your spouse be okay w/ an "Indecent Proposal"?

• Total voters
Mr. P said:
Pretty much what the movie was about. Now as far as real life, I'd bet if 1, 2 or 3 Million bucks was put in front of most people, including those here that said no, they'd take it. The point is "EVERYBODY" has a price, even when it comes to morals. Just my opinion.
I would like to think, speaking for myself at least, that I wouldn't accept any proposal of such a nature, even if it could get me out of the poorhouse were I in it. I dont' compromise my morals nor do I sell them out. I feel that's not right or fair to me.

Kagom said:
I would like to think, speaking for myself at least, that I wouldn't accept any proposal of such a nature, even if it could get me out of the poorhouse were I in it. I dont' compromise my morals nor do I sell them out. I feel that's not right or fair to me.
Understandable, you’re young and idealist. Reality will hit you in the face about age 30.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Mr. P said:
Pretty much what the movie was about. Now as far as real life, I'd bet if 1, 2 or 3 Million bucks was put in front of most people, including those here that said no, they'd take it. The point is "EVERYBODY" has a price, even when it comes to morals. Just my opinion.
The money wouldn't tempt me too much. I would probably think "what if...." but in the end, MONEY wouldn't be as appealing as my relationship.

I have other temptations, though. A different motivation might be much harder to resist. Not saying I agree with you that everyone has his price. But I'm not saying I disagree, either.

Maybe a way of saying it is 'Everybody has SOMETHING they would do/some line they may cross, if doing so meant they got what they most wanted/needed'?

dmp said:
Maybe a way of saying it is 'Everybody has SOMETHING they would do/some line they may cross, if doing so meant they got what they most wanted/needed'?
I think everyone has something that would make a proposition incredibly, infuriatingly, insanely difficult to resist. (Like the alliteration? :) )

Mr. P said:

You're right, in that everyone has a price for *something* they wouldn't normally do.

However, in this particular situation, my answer stands as no.

get you own box

Attachments

• $get you own box.JPG
    $get you own box.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 73
-Cp said:
This is for married couples - would you accept - or let your spouse, accept an offer of X-amount of dollars to sleep with a Multi-Millionaire?

Yes. I'm surpised so many people say no. Odds are your spouse is cheating on you anyway. 80% of marriages have at least one unfaithful person. So if you aren't cheating that means your spouse probably is. Might as well get some money out of it.

And besides. If you let them do it, it isn't cheatig. Cheating is doing something that you have to lie about.

Powerman said:
Yes. I'm surpised so many people say no. Odds are your spouse is cheating on you anyway. 80% of marriages have at least one unfaithful person. So if you aren't cheating that means your spouse probably is. Might as well get some money out of it.

And besides. If you let them do it, it isn't cheatig. Cheating is doing something that you have to lie about.

Wow.. Good to see you lead such a spectacular life... Why did you get married?

Powerman said:

Dude, this answer isn't going to help you land any sorority chicks...

Yes, I would accept. Especially if the millonaire looked like Salma Hayek. I could live with that.

:D

Okay - let's up the ante... to all those who said "No" - what about if the stakes were $1 Billion Dollars?

What if you had the chance to forever change the destiny of your future generation of kids, grandkids and great grandkids etc?

-Cp said:
Okay - let's up the ante... to all those who said "No" - what about if the stakes were $1 Billion Dollars?

What if you had the chance to forever change the destiny of your future generation of kids, grandkids and great grandkids etc?
No, not for money. I believe my moral decisions DO impact the destiny of my progeny.

What about to save a life?

Saving your own life?
Saving your SO's life?
Saving your child's life?

Saving your friend's life?

Saving a child's life that you don't know?

People will always say "oh I'll never do that for money," and that might be true, but there is always SOMETHING that people will eventually sell themself out for. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing. I think P is right though, there's a big difference between being offered a hypothetical million and having it actually sitting right in front of you.

The ClayTaurus said:
What about to save a life?

Saving your own life?
Saving your SO's life?
Saving your child's life?

Saving your friend's life?

Saving a child's life that you don't know?

People will always say "oh I'll never do that for money," and that might be true, but there is always SOMETHING that people will eventually sell themself out for. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing.
Like I said, OTHER temptations would make the choice a lot more difficult.
I think P is right though, there's a big difference between being offered a hypothetical million and having it actually sitting right in front of you.
It would make one pause.

Forum List

Back