Would Republican candidates attend a gay wedding?

As a whole, the issue hurts Republicans as over half the nation supports gay marriage and overwhelmingly supports gay rights. The anti-fag Republicans confirm that the party is out of touch with the country and hurts their chances with moderates and young, Republican leaning voters

Most of America has accepted gay marriage......Republicans need to also

LOL go ahead explain why 70% of blacks and a majority of Hispanics in California voted to ban gay marriage. Choke that down.

Want to give me a date on that vote?

Choke that down

Don't be a crybaby, facts are facts. Its pretty sad how many gay haters there are in the Democratic party. Tell me what are you people doing about this problem?
Crybaby?

There is gay marriage in California you know

Society as we know it didn't collapse

^^^ points and laughs, yeah you had to get a court order to overrule all the democrats who voted to ban gay marriage, you really won the hearts and minds of Dem's that way. lmao
Seems California is doing just fine with gay marriage

61% now support it..........and families in California did not crumble

Bodes well for the rest of the country when it becomes the law of the land

Again - RW, if you think voters give a shit about this you are delusional. Methinks you're not delusional, methinks you're trolling.

Republicans need to enter the 21st century

The Supreme Court will make the decision for them, Republicans just need to move along with the rest of the country

Again - RW, if you think voters give a shit about this you are delusional. Methinks you're not delusional, methinks you're trolling.

Nobody cared about Indiana

Who is going to stand up for gays?

You know gays are not a homogeneous group, right?

Actually, they are a homosexual group

Point is homosexuality is a behavior. In society we discriminate against many types of behavior all the time.

Point is homosexuality is a behavior. In society we discriminate against behavior all the time.

It is a sexuality and like anyone else, sex is part of that

Why don't you give up sex if I find it objectionable?

Interesting responses

Attend a gay wedding GOP candidates put on the spot OnPolitics

Marco Rubio:

If it’s somebody in my life that I care for, of course I would. I’m not going to hurt them simply because I disagree with a choice they’ve made or because I disagree with a decision they’ve made or whatever it may be. Ultimately, if someone that you care for and is part of your family has decided to move in one direction or another or feels that way because of who they love, you respect that because you love them

Rick Santorum:

That would be something that would be a violation of my faith,” he told Hewitt. “I would love them and support them, but I would not participate in that ceremony.”

Ted Cruz:

“I haven’t faced that circumstance,” the Texas senator said.
He blamed the news media for trying to “twist” same-sex marriage debate into a “battle of emotions and personalities” that comes off as though “any conservative must hate people who are gay.”
Cruz said questions about marriage should be left to the states and not decided in court.

It's sad and telling that it's a question in the first place.

I don't care one way or the other if a candidate would attend a same-sex wedding ceremony. My biggest concern is what the hell is their plans for addressing our obscene/crushing debt and how they would shrink our massive government.
That American citizens realize their comprehensive civil rights is as important an issue as is the economy, if not more so; and the 'size of the the government' is indeed a non-issue – in fact it's devoid of meaning.

Point is homosexuality is a behavior. In society we discriminate against many types of behavior all the time.
Your point is wrong.

Homosexuals constitute a class of persons entitled to Constitutional protections, including the protected liberty of choice:

“It suffices for us to acknowledge that adults may choose to enter upon this relationship in the confines of their homes and their own private lives and still retain their dignity as free persons. When sexuality finds overt expression in intimate conduct with another person, the conduct can be but one element in a personal bond that is more enduring. The liberty protected by the Constitution allows homosexual persons the right to make this choice.”

LAWRENCE V. TEXAS

Consequently, the issue has nothing to do with 'behavior,' but the right of each American to make decisions concerning his personal liberty, the right to self-determination absent unwarranted interference from government.

As a conservative, of course, this makes you uncomfortable, you fear dissent and expressions of individual liberty, and you seek to compel conformity by disadvantaging gay Americans, such as denying them their 14th Amendment right to access marriage law.

Interesting responses

Marco Rubio:

If it’s somebody in my life that I care for, of course I would. I’m not going to hurt them simply because I disagree with a choice they’ve made or because I disagree with a decision they’ve made or whatever it may be. Ultimately, if someone that you care for and is part of your family has decided to move in one direction or another or feels that way because of who they love, you respect that because you love them

Rick Santorum:

That would be something that would be a violation of my faith,” he told Hewitt. “I would love them and support them, but I would not participate in that ceremony.”

Ted Cruz:

He blamed the news media for trying to “twist” same-sex marriage debate into a “battle of emotions and personalities” that comes off as though “any conservative must hate people who are gay.”
Cruz said questions about marriage should be left to the states and not decided in court.

Why? Why not ask each of them if they would go to a muslim wedding where the groom is 60 and the bride is 12?

Why not ask each of them if they would go to a polygamous wedding?

Your obsession with gayness makes you look like a fool.

Interesting responses

Marco Rubio:

Rick Santorum:

Ted Cruz:

Why? Why not ask each of them if they would go to a muslim wedding where the groom is 60 and the bride is 12?

Both of those weddings are against the law

Why would you attend?

Interesting responses

Marco Rubio:

Rick Santorum:

Ted Cruz:

Why would you attend?

muslim marriage is not against the law. With her parents consent a girl of 12 can marry.

Plus, this whole thread is about theoreticals, not legality.

So, again, why not ask all candidates if they would attend a polygamous wedding where polygamy was legal and a muslim 60/12 wedding where that was legal.

and, for the record. California voters rejected gay marriage twice by voting.

Interesting responses

Marco Rubio:

Rick Santorum:

Ted Cruz:

Why would you attend?

muslim marriage is not against the law. With her parents consent a girl of 12 can marry.

So, again, why not ask all candidates if they would attend a polygamous wedding where polygamy was legal and a muslim 60/12 wedding where that was legal.

Polygamy isn't legal here, same sex marriage is. And there is only one state that has no minimum age of consent for marriage...but it requires approval of a superior court judge and parental consent. (statutory laws apply).

Another red fish thrown out by the Chickenfish rots in the sun...

Interesting responses

Marco Rubio:

Rick Santorum:

Ted Cruz:

Why would you attend?

Not in this country

California is now perfectly happy having gay marriage. The world as we know it did not end when gays were allowed to marry

But what are we to do about the cakes?

Interesting responses

Marco Rubio:

Rick Santorum:

Ted Cruz:

Why would you attend?

Not in this country

California is now perfectly happy having gay marriage. The world as we know it did not end when gays were allowed to marry

But what are we to do about the cakes?

the OP did not have "in this country" as a limitation. The people of Cal went to the polls twice and voted against gay marriage. If they are so fricken happy with it why did they vote it down twice?

as to the cakes, you can stick them up your fat ass.

Forum List

Back