Would Republican candidates attend a gay wedding?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Interesting responses

Attend a gay wedding GOP candidates put on the spot OnPolitics

Marco Rubio:

If it’s somebody in my life that I care for, of course I would. I’m not going to hurt them simply because I disagree with a choice they’ve made or because I disagree with a decision they’ve made or whatever it may be. Ultimately, if someone that you care for and is part of your family has decided to move in one direction or another or feels that way because of who they love, you respect that because you love them

Rick Santorum:

That would be something that would be a violation of my faith,” he told Hewitt. “I would love them and support them, but I would not participate in that ceremony.”

Ted Cruz:

“I haven’t faced that circumstance,” the Texas senator said.
He blamed the news media for trying to “twist” same-sex marriage debate into a “battle of emotions and personalities” that comes off as though “any conservative must hate people who are gay.”
Cruz said questions about marriage should be left to the states and not decided in court.

Last edited:
they probably would if it involved a friend or family member.

Would Hillary attend a gay wedding?

You can count on this question being asked of all candidates

Dems will just say...Of course

Most Repubs will wiggle and dance and recite the "I believe marriage is between one man and one woman" mantra they have been taught

Interesting responses

Marco Rubio:

If it’s somebody in my life that I care for, of course I would. I’m not going to hurt them simply because I disagree with a choice they’ve made or because I disagree with a decision they’ve made or whatever it may be. Ultimately, if someone that you care for and is part of your family has decided to move in one direction or another or feels that way because of who they love, you respect that because you love them

Rick Santorum:

That would be something that would be a violation of my faith,” he told Hewitt. “I would love them and support them, but I would not participate in that ceremony.”

Ted Cruz:

He blamed the news media for trying to “twist” same-sex marriage debate into a “battle of emotions and personalities” that comes off as though “any conservative must hate people who are gay.”
Cruz said questions about marriage should be left to the states and not decided in court.

I see no reason not to. Would you attend a wedding at a nudist camp?

Interesting responses

Marco Rubio:

Rick Santorum:

Ted Cruz:

Depends

Are we talking fashion model nudist camp with volleyball or fat chick and hairy guy nudist camp?

Interesting responses

Marco Rubio:

Rick Santorum:

Ted Cruz:

The answer to this question might - and I mean might - impact my decision if everything else between the two candidates was pretty much the same. In real life, this is such a complete non-issue.

Interesting responses

Marco Rubio:

Rick Santorum:

Ted Cruz:

Depends

Are we talking fashion model nudist camp with volleyball or fat chick and hairy guy nudist camp?
The one with Hillary and Obama.

Interesting responses

Marco Rubio:

Rick Santorum:

Ted Cruz:

The answer to this question might - and I mean might - impact my decision if everything else between the two candidates was pretty much the same. In real life, this is such a complete non-issue.

It reflects on a candidates views on gay rights. In present day America, it is an issue

Interesting responses

Marco Rubio:

Rick Santorum:

Ted Cruz:

Sure I would. Can I bring my camera? What is on the menu? How long is the open bar open? Is there a TV so we can sneak a peak at the ball game?

Problem with what's being pushed is that conservatives, unlike liberals, have no "hive mind". Some would attend a same-sex wedding; some would not. There is no universal requirement as exists for liberals,especially Democrat liberals.

You know from my work toward educating you that I am about as conservative as it gets and yet I actually have attended a same-sex wedding and sincerely wished the couple well. Would I do it again? Yeah, certainly if any of the other gays or lesbians I know were to marry - BUT, only if I were invited.

But then I am not a candidate. If I were would I still attend? If I didn't because of concern over what one hate group or another might think then I wouldn't be much of a candidate.

I don't give a shit whether they would attend a gay wedding, bake a gay cake, etc.. This is just silly.

Interesting responses

Marco Rubio:

Rick Santorum:

Ted Cruz:

Sure I would. Can I bring my camera? What is on the menu? How long is the open bar open? Is there a TV so we can sneak a peak at the ball game?

Hopefully the chairs are not made of wicker.

I don't care one way or the other if a candidate would attend a same-sex wedding ceremony. My biggest concern is what the hell is their plans for addressing our obscene/crushing debt and how they would shrink our massive government.

What difference does it make?

If they are fine with ssm, then they will go. If their convictions are such that they believe marriage s/be one man/one woman and they stand by those convictions and don't go ... so what? Isn't that what diversity is all about, accepting others even though they differ from us?

Would Republican candidates attend a gay wedding?

Not if they are or will be running for office on a local level --- up to a congressional seat --- in small, rural, backwoods, nutter, teabagger, shitkicker towns and counties.

It would be the kiss of death.

They would get primaried quicker than you could say, pass the grits and let’s kill us some queers Billie Bob.

Forum List

Back